September 1, 2014 | 2194 users online

Pressed Powders - Physicians Formula - Multi-Colored Corrector- GREEN

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/22/2005 6:41:00 PM More reviews by niveous

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I was perhaps expecting a bit more coverage, but keep in mind this is a powder, after all. It works for that hint of redness you'd like to even out, but anything redder will require a more solid green concealer (like the liquid or tube forms). However, I find this to be a nice finishing powder and evens out my skin tone, for the days that I don't feel like wearing foundation. The packaging can be drastically improved as I use neither the enclosed mirror nor the brush. EDIT: I'm docking a lippie since I'm finding that the coverage is minimal. You really need to work the brush into the powder and put on several layers before there's a difference. Love the idea but the product can be improved. continued >>

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 10/22/2005 6:32:00 PM More reviews by blushingpale

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I really liked this product until I realized it had SPARKLE in it. It's subtle but shows up in certain light, and sparkle is not something I want on my face as a woman in my late 30s (would think nobody over 18 would want sparkles on her face especially in the daytime). Back to the drugstore it goes. p.s. I recommend the Self Defense color corrective moisturizing lotion (green), which is available at Wal-Mart for about $8 Cdn. It's not moisturizing enough to use on its own, but a tiny drop blended in red areas gets rid of overall redness. I only bought the powder as I was hoping for a touch up when my face gets redder than normal due to tiredness, spicy food, weather etc.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/11/2005 7:32:00 PM More reviews by SweetSoup

Great powder for simply covering up the redness of the skin. A little expensive, but it lasts forever because you don't need/want to put too much on, otherwise you will get some comments on the greenish tint to your skin! I would buy this again because it covers up the red, and I'm not sure if any other drugstore brands have powders that can do that.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/11/2005 6:49:00 PM More reviews by sissycha

What a lovely powder! Just brush on and the redness is gone. It's a finely milled powder and does everything it claims. As the others have said, the compact's design just needs to be tweaked. The brush is cute but flipping back and forth between the powder and the mirror is awkward and the mirror sometimes gets a light coating of the powder.
It's an excellent product and has become one of my HG products.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/25/2005 12:40:00 AM More reviews by rustload

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I had passed this stuff up many a time, not believing that a mere green powder could cure me of the occasional pinkness I find haunting my skin. How wrong I was. Finally I picked up one of these today at Rite-Aid and I am very pleased with it. The packaging is very attractive and functional, if a bit bulky [I don't really think the brush needs -that- much room, but who cares really]. The brush it comes with is a nice touch - a chintzy little sponge would NOT work with this ! When I brushed this on, the day was hot and I was having some issues with red-toned skin. A few swipes of this over my face and almost all the redness was gone. I love the very slight shimmer this adds to my complexion too. A keeper.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/17/2005 2:15:00 PM More reviews by swuirk

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

It isn't really cheap and it doesn't do what it claims. All it does is make you look fake and layered. Boo..

rated 4 of 5 on 9/20/2004 1:42:00 AM More reviews by Realityreject

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I agree with the other reviews. This purchase was my attepmt at avoiding buying a foundation for the purpose of covering my redness. The best part about this powder is that it only take a few swipes over any redness to dull it. The only bad part I can see is that if you use a lot over extreme red areas, it can look dry and matted. I think it would be best to use this powder over a light moisturizer to prevent any drying. All in all, it's something nice to have when you are in a hurry or don't care for the feeling of foundation and all you want is more even looking skin color.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/5/2004 7:56:00 PM More reviews by acryfordawn

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

the physicians formula line has always intrigued me but the price has kept me away. i think i have rosacea-prone skin as it tends to get flushed at times but mostly just in the sun and when its hot but it drives me crazy. while killing time in a drug store i started reading the logic behind the green color correcting formulas so i decided to try this powder. as soon as i swiped it on, my redness was masked and i knew i had fallen in love. those who bad mouth the color corrective products expecting it to just cover up the tiny redness around a pimple aren't using it for its intended purpose.. if you're looking to cover up general redness usually on cheeks and around the nose without piling on tons of foundation or concealer this is the product for you

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/27/2004 5:30:00 PM More reviews by TeeCube

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I've used this for many years--I like the new packaging (much prettier than the old opaque white compact), the brush is very good, and the powder is still remarkable. It's smooth, dusts on evenly, and it really tones down any redness on the face without making you look like Kermit the Frog. It is simply wonderful.