April 17, 2014 | 1638 users online

Stick - Shiseido - The makeup Stick Foundation

rated 3 of 5 on 2/1/2008 10:35:00 PM More reviews by katerspie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

A decent product, I really liked it's texture. It went on really nicely, although was not ideal for my dry skin. The color was also not right for me; the lightest shade is still too dark/yellowish for me. It also seemed to bring out bumps and imperfections in my skin, although it didn't particularly make me break out. Mainly, the color was off and if my skin was the slightest bit dry this made it ridiculously noticeable.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/28/2007 11:03:00 PM More reviews by abfabjeanius

This is actually my mom's favorite concealer and foundation, and when I visited her over the holidays, she gave me the one she had been using and told me to try it. (She was the one who got me into makeup, and we always share makeup finds.) Anyway, I had my doubts, mostly because I am skeptical of stick foundations. Typically, I find them either too emollient and heavy, or else they are too dry and unnatural looking.

For the record, this Shiseido one is neither. It goes on quite light-weight and blends seamlessly into the skin, though it still offers ample coverage. It also has SPF 15, which is a plus. The packaging, though not terribly attractive, is pratical and portable.

The color that my mom gave me is slightly dark (O40, which I think would match mid-tone olive or Asian skin), so after I finish what she gave me, I will go buy a lighter color.

I used this around my nose and found that it helped control the oil quite well. I'm surprised at the results of this foundation and would definitely repurchase. continued >>

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 12/28/2007 7:51:00 PM More reviews by girlygirlnyc

I am a makeup artist and I LOVE this foundation. Many top MUA's use this stick because of it's great natural coverage and and texture. It covers beautifully and after a time settles into the skin like your own. It does cover anything though and is what I consider the perfect foundation.

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 12/28/2007 8:42:00 AM More reviews by tracyliuu

LOVE LOVE LOVE this stick foundation!! Here's my little story about this foundation. I first went to Bobbi Brown's counter and asked for a foundation color match. I had watched so many videos by Bobbi Brown and saw natural results from her video. The lady at the Bobbi Brown counter chose one for me and said it was a perfect match cuz it blended right into my skin. I looked into the mirror and found my complexion much worse than before. I am Asian and had acne prone skin, and all the Bobbi Brown foundation did to me was added more yellow, gave me an ashy face and made me look worse. The lady was not very enthusiastic in talking me into their foundation, so I left.
Then I stopped at Shiseido's counter. I'd been using their skincare products so I thought why not try theirs, since they were originated from Asia and should take care of Asian skins. Unlike the lady at Bobbi Brown's, this lady at Shiseido was very nice and professional. When I told her exactly what I needed, she explained to me in detail how to choose a foundation and did a match on my face. The foundation was natural, not too yellow nor too pink, easy to blend, and came with a nice little container. I loved it right away. In conclusion, this foundation was easy to use and gave me a natural glow. I especially liked their customer service because I think making a purchase didn't simply mean great product, but also excellent customer service. The lady even said that she'd do my 2nd half of the face and gave me a complete look, not just on the area where she tested the match, so that I would continue shopping without weird looking complexion. Highly recommended.
*Update: I hate to write this update because I loved this foundation so much. However it breaks me out (so did the moisturizer as well), so I don't think I will repurchase.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 12/8/2007 9:55:00 PM More reviews by Mere828

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I bought this because someone mentioned it as being their favorite concealer. Being that it's in stick format, it's very convenient to just smooth on in trouble areas. However, I don't like this because although the shade does a good job of covering up spots, it brings out a slightly bumpy texture in my skin, so after I apply it, the color is evened out and blemishes are hidden, but my skin looks less flawless in terms of textural roughness.

*EDIT* After using this off and on for several months and trying other concealers I had to change this to a 2-lippie review for the simple fact that Ipersonally don't care for the texture of this product and have tried others that surpass the quality of this one.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/18/2007 3:53:00 PM More reviews by oonaghst

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I don't know about everybody else, but finding a "good" foundation is an absolute nightmare. I would hate to add up how much I have spent on unsuitable foundations in my life thus far. Luckily, I have a mother who has a skintone a shade darker than myself, so have managed to pass on my mistakes! Anyhow, I really like this foundation and am on my third tube. Admittedly inbetween those purchases I have strayed, but have never managed to finish any other product. The reasons I like this are because of the colour match (I use I60 - Natural Deep Ivory, which is not too dark despite its name or initial appearance in the tube), of the overall effect on my face, and finally the fact that it is just so quick and easy to use. I have it on and blended in about 15 seconds flat. I whack it on like warpaint - stripe across the forehead, a triangle on each cheek, a little stripe down the nose and a little stripe across the chin. And then I smear it all over and down into my neck as if it's moisturiser - it blends beautifully. Et voila! Suddenly I look a whole lot better than I did before, and in my book, that's the aim of the game. Yes, it's true, it doesn't last all day, but just carry some pressed powder if needbe. I look good and feel good when I'm wearing it - it's like I'm doing "enhanced natural" and doing it with the minimum of fuss!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/6/2007 11:28:00 AM More reviews by ilovelomos

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Ingredient:
Cyclomethicone, trioctanoin, dimethicone, kaolin, ceresin, sorbitan sequiisostearate, aluminium hydroxide, carnauba wax, candelilla wax, aluminium distearate, fragrance, phytosteryl/octyldocelyl lauroyl glutamate, sodium carbonate, tocopheryl acetate, tocopherol, polymethyl methacrylate (not in: d10,, d20), mica, titanium dioxide, iron oxides.

14 out of 14 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 9/7/2007 5:49:00 PM More reviews by saintsvalentine

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have oily, acne prone skin. I usually use a mattifying liquid, but i wanted something I could use on occasion that's easier - something i could put on quickly, just to even out skin tone, cover redness, etc. The color (very light ivory `00)matched my fair skin pretty well, but then, i have a slight tan, so once I lost the tan it would be too dark. But besides this, it was just awful. I had to use several layers to cover redness and acne scars, and it didn't even cover redness very well, esp around my nose. It also felt , well, not heavy exactly, but oily I guess and just didn't look good. Somehow it matched my skintone but the finish was odd looking. It looked natural on my cheeks, but no where else. Maybe it just wasn;t enough coverage for me - too sheer I think. I can see how it would rub off easily too. I usually use EL double wear, and i like the matte finish that I know isn't going anywhere until I wash it off. In fact, I washed this goop off about an hour later and when i applied my DW, i felt, ahhhh, happy, safe, secure. It made me glad to be using the DW again. For me, I think it was too light, too sheer, too oily. If i wanted something that light and sheer, i would buy the spf stick instead - at least it would protect my skin. I bought their sunscreen at the same time, but it's FABULOUS and probably worth the high price tag. I can't wait to return this makeup.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/1/2007 1:52:00 PM More reviews by Koibita

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is my favourite foundation (With Teint Innocence compact). First of all, the shade matches my skin perfectly, not too yellow, either too pink (I'm using Natural Fair Ivory).
Second, the gorgeous texture that glides and blends easely with buildable coverage. Leaves a very natural finish, blends really effortlessly with sponge or fingers and enhances skin tone without feeling greasy .
Third, does not clog pores and it hasn't made me break out either. I have comb/sensitive skin and this foundation is just wonderful for it! I must recommend this. =)

rated 4 of 5 on 8/20/2007 10:26:00 AM More reviews by Passive

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Well, I certainly like this product. It's the best foundation I have seen on my skin, in terms of texture and color. I found it extremely easy to apply, due to the stick packaging.

The black sleek metal-ish tube is easy to transport and you don't have to worry about leaks in your purse if you'd feel the need to touch up during the day. It blends well, too, on my skin - I just use my fingers. If you're like me and don't want to spend ages on liquid foundation, especially when it feels you're wearing a mask at some point, this thing is for you. I spend about two minutes on my foundation now and have flawless natural skin, as opposed to previous seven to ten to fifteen minutes spent of perfecting my foundation and making sure there's no streaks etc.
If liquid foundation works for you, that's fine. If you have a GOOD liquid foundation to recommend me, please do, I'm always up for trying new things.

This product goes on like a dream - it's very creamy and depending on how much pressure you apply, it can have a sheer coverage or a heavy one. Unfortunately, I chose a color a bit too light for my skin tone - it's absolutely perfect for winter, but as I tan quite a bit during summer months, it's slightly too fair for my skin tone. It doesn't bother me, because after a couple moments, the foundation melts and becomes one with my skin. I have yet to see it cake up. That is, unless I apply it on my undereye area. I have to layer it on like mad there, but that's just because I have DARK undereye circles. People with subtle undereye circles probably don't have to worry about it much. And I don't have to anymore either - I have a good concealer. But I digress.

The staying power of said foundation, however, should be longer. Considering that it's such an expensive product, that aspect could have some improvement. It tends to slide off if your skin is oily or you get hot a lot. But, I've noticed, that when it starts to disappear, my skin doesn't look terrible, it looks just fine, just a small touch up is needed. It doesn't turn splotchy.

Also, it doesn't oxidize on my skin or turn into a horrid orange color, which is always good. I have never seen it smear on my clothes or on others' or various things I touch during the day.

I will repurchase this over and over again - the bulletlike tube usually lasts somewhere from six to twelve months, depending on my skin. So the price isn't all that bad. So unless I find something that exceeds its qualities vastly, I will stay loyal to this.

11 out of 11 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No