December 19, 2014 | 1601 users online

Stick - Shiseido - The makeup Stick Foundation

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/23/2008 8:19:00 PM More reviews by thinkpink710

I didn't have high hopes for this product, but I wanted to try this anyway. It gives moderate coverage and it's relatively creamy and smooth. It isn't heavy feeling at all on the skin. The downfall? The price and the fact that i've used it for 2 weeks and have already used a big chunk of it, so I will have to replace it often. It also lasts much longer than my Everyday Minerals foundation.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/16/2008 5:34:00 PM More reviews by keruchina

Overall, I like this product a lot. I like to use a stick foundation as a concealer and no other foundation. This product gives nice moderate coverage and applies easily. The only downside is that it is not quite creamy enough for my somewhat dry skin.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/1/2008 2:06:00 AM More reviews by jennyjbloom

Overall, I did like this product, but had to return it because it was irritating my skin (I think the fragrance was the culprit). I'm bummed because I really liked the texture. Although it was too heavy for all-over, it was great at giving extra coverage on areas that needed more help. I did find that it was a tad drying, especially on my nose.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/1/2008 10:35:00 PM More reviews by katerspie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

A decent product, I really liked it's texture. It went on really nicely, although was not ideal for my dry skin. The color was also not right for me; the lightest shade is still too dark/yellowish for me. It also seemed to bring out bumps and imperfections in my skin, although it didn't particularly make me break out. Mainly, the color was off and if my skin was the slightest bit dry this made it ridiculously noticeable.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/28/2007 11:03:00 PM More reviews by abfabjeanius

This is actually my mom's favorite concealer and foundation, and when I visited her over the holidays, she gave me the one she had been using and told me to try it. (She was the one who got me into makeup, and we always share makeup finds.) Anyway, I had my doubts, mostly because I am skeptical of stick foundations. Typically, I find them either too emollient and heavy, or else they are too dry and unnatural looking.

For the record, this Shiseido one is neither. It goes on quite light-weight and blends seamlessly into the skin, though it still offers ample coverage. It also has SPF 15, which is a plus. The packaging, though not terribly attractive, is pratical and portable.

The color that my mom gave me is slightly dark (O40, which I think would match mid-tone olive or Asian skin), so after I finish what she gave me, I will go buy a lighter color.

I used this around my nose and found that it helped control the oil quite well. I'm surprised at the results of this foundation and would definitely repurchase. continued >>

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 12/28/2007 7:51:00 PM More reviews by girlygirlnyc

I am a makeup artist and I LOVE this foundation. Many top MUA's use this stick because of it's great natural coverage and and texture. It covers beautifully and after a time settles into the skin like your own. It does cover anything though and is what I consider the perfect foundation.

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 12/28/2007 8:42:00 AM More reviews by tracyliuu

LOVE LOVE LOVE this stick foundation!! Here's my little story about this foundation. I first went to Bobbi Brown's counter and asked for a foundation color match. I had watched so many videos by Bobbi Brown and saw natural results from her video. The lady at the Bobbi Brown counter chose one for me and said it was a perfect match cuz it blended right into my skin. I looked into the mirror and found my complexion much worse than before. I am Asian and had acne prone skin, and all the Bobbi Brown foundation did to me was added more yellow, gave me an ashy face and made me look worse. The lady was not very enthusiastic in talking me into their foundation, so I left.
Then I stopped at Shiseido's counter. I'd been using their skincare products so I thought why not try theirs, since they were originated from Asia and should take care of Asian skins. Unlike the lady at Bobbi Brown's, this lady at Shiseido was very nice and professional. When I told her exactly what I needed, she explained to me in detail how to choose a foundation and did a match on my face. The foundation was natural, not too yellow nor too pink, easy to blend, and came with a nice little container. I loved it right away. In conclusion, this foundation was easy to use and gave me a natural glow. I especially liked their customer service because I think making a purchase didn't simply mean great product, but also excellent customer service. The lady even said that she'd do my 2nd half of the face and gave me a complete look, not just on the area where she tested the match, so that I would continue shopping without weird looking complexion. Highly recommended.
*Update: I hate to write this update because I loved this foundation so much. However it breaks me out (so did the moisturizer as well), so I don't think I will repurchase.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 12/8/2007 9:55:00 PM More reviews by Mere828

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I bought this because someone mentioned it as being their favorite concealer. Being that it's in stick format, it's very convenient to just smooth on in trouble areas. However, I don't like this because although the shade does a good job of covering up spots, it brings out a slightly bumpy texture in my skin, so after I apply it, the color is evened out and blemishes are hidden, but my skin looks less flawless in terms of textural roughness.

*EDIT* After using this off and on for several months and trying other concealers I had to change this to a 2-lippie review for the simple fact that Ipersonally don't care for the texture of this product and have tried others that surpass the quality of this one.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/18/2007 3:53:00 PM More reviews by oonaghst

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I don't know about everybody else, but finding a "good" foundation is an absolute nightmare. I would hate to add up how much I have spent on unsuitable foundations in my life thus far. Luckily, I have a mother who has a skintone a shade darker than myself, so have managed to pass on my mistakes! Anyhow, I really like this foundation and am on my third tube. Admittedly inbetween those purchases I have strayed, but have never managed to finish any other product. The reasons I like this are because of the colour match (I use I60 - Natural Deep Ivory, which is not too dark despite its name or initial appearance in the tube), of the overall effect on my face, and finally the fact that it is just so quick and easy to use. I have it on and blended in about 15 seconds flat. I whack it on like warpaint - stripe across the forehead, a triangle on each cheek, a little stripe down the nose and a little stripe across the chin. And then I smear it all over and down into my neck as if it's moisturiser - it blends beautifully. Et voila! Suddenly I look a whole lot better than I did before, and in my book, that's the aim of the game. Yes, it's true, it doesn't last all day, but just carry some pressed powder if needbe. I look good and feel good when I'm wearing it - it's like I'm doing "enhanced natural" and doing it with the minimum of fuss!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/6/2007 11:28:00 AM More reviews by ilovelomos

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Ingredient:
Cyclomethicone, trioctanoin, dimethicone, kaolin, ceresin, sorbitan sequiisostearate, aluminium hydroxide, carnauba wax, candelilla wax, aluminium distearate, fragrance, phytosteryl/octyldocelyl lauroyl glutamate, sodium carbonate, tocopheryl acetate, tocopherol, polymethyl methacrylate (not in: d10,, d20), mica, titanium dioxide, iron oxides.

14 out of 14 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No