LUSH Fair Trade Foot Lotion

3.5

on 2/12/2008 10:25:00 PM

This doesn't do the best job of moisturizing, but when my feet are sore, it definitely soothes them. It has arnica (which reduces swelling) and I definitely notice a difference after using it. The smell doesn't really bother me and I haven't noticed any staining, so I can't speak to that issue. It's not my HG, but I still like it.

on 12/31/2007 7:30:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

This is the best foot cream I've ever used, but I'm incredibly sceptical when it comes to foot cream...so this is perhaps the best of a bad bunch.
It's defintely made an improvement to the suppleness and softness to the skin of my souls, but its not really moisturising enough to make an incredible difference. It smells like toothpaste, but in a good way, so it makes my feet smell delicious.
The lotion is an incredibly pink colour, which is slightly strange, and having read past reviews, quite scary if it stains light colours. Personally, I have not found this, but I guess you should use with slight caution.

on 9/13/2007 7:46:00 AM

Unlike other reviewers, I'm not too fond of the smell. It's like kiddies bubble gum and makes me feel a bit queasy. The lotion itself is wonderfully warm yet cooling on your feet at the same time and feels great. However, the lotion gets very greasy and doesn't absorb very well so in the morning my feet aren't any different. If I wear socks, my feet do feel quite soft when I wake up. BUT make sure you wear dark coloured socks as the pink lotion will stain any light coloured socks AND when I put my light blue pair with pink stains in the wash, all my whites turned a ghastly shade of pink.

on 8/9/2007 12:35:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

I got a mix feeling about this product. I love the spearmint smell so much that make me what to chew it like a gum. It feel nice on my feet, and my hard heels are starting to soften... a little. Yeah, that's the problem. It didn't do much on my feet even after I use stocks overnight.

Then I use Vaseline 100% Petroleum Jelly, and the result is just the same.

Too bad it didn't work too well on my feet.

on 7/24/2007 5:04:00 PM

I love Lush products, but I was dissapointed with this one.
It does make my skin softer, the same way in which all foot lotions do, but it was nothing special. As a gentle lotion to refresh your feet I guess this would do the trick but otherwise don't bother with it, it's not intensive enough.
The spearmint scent is okay. The pink colour is pretty weird but I could live with it. The consistency is too runny, light and doesn't absorb into my skin at all, in fact it made my socks smell.

I loved the smell and the light texture of this. I think my summer-abused feet need more of a deep conditioning treatment, but this smelled lovely and felt cool and refreshing on my feet. As with many LUSH products, I find that I just ENJOY using it, more so than that I find it extraordinarily effective. But this is a great treat for the feet.

I liked this for the smell and it was pretty moisturising, not great though. I loathed the pink colour because I normally put socks on my feet to let the lotion sink in and it ruined my socks. Also, it's very runny. I'd prefer a thicker cream.

on 11/7/2006 3:06:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I LOVE THIS! It is the best foot lotion I have used. Moisturizing, but not clogging for my senstive skin or on my face,which is always a plus. Smells great, like candy!and its a pretty pretty pink. It also absorbs well and very cooling. Love it! Will definetely repurchase.

on 9/11/2006 9:16:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

THE best foot lotion I've ever used. Moisturising but not greasy, it really helps smooth the skin on my feet, and soaks in well. It smells lovely and makes my feet fabulous and tingly.

It's also brilliant used as a kind of foot mask. Slather on a load of the lotion, wrap feet in cling film and sit watching a DVD with a glass of wine for half an hour. Your feet will feel amazing after!

on 5/31/2006 5:13:00 PM

After applying the lotion my feet do feel soft and nice. However, with twice a day treatment they still get dry in between. But at least it is better than other stuff I tried, it's not greasy and I like it that it's made fm fair traded cocoa. It still has D&C color (for that pretty pink) and other artificial stuff.
I did an experiment, putting Fair Trade (also fm Lush) on one foot and PdP on the other. After slightly over a week (which is how long my sample of PdP lasted), there is no noticeable difference. Fair Trade smells nicer and is a lot less, so I will buy this again. However, I'm curious to try Burt bee's as it seems to get some good rave too.

Popular Lotions / Creams