July 24, 2014 | 1040 users online

Treatments - Creative Nail Design - Solar Oil

rated 5 of 5 on 8/12/2010 6:16:00 AM More reviews by Pamda

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is my new HG cuticle oil fast absorbing smells great. I love the brush applicator. Very hydrating since using this my cuticles look so much better and no more hangnails. My only wish is that the packing was more travel friendly. Since it is a glass nail polish style bottle it's not so travel/purse friendly. This cuticle oil was very reasonable at about $6 a bottle it cheaper in the same price range as burts bee's yet cheaper than other brands such as opi. I will be getting moe of this when I run out

* Usage tip
I found I had best results if i put this on coming out of the shower and then before bed.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/26/2010 6:59:00 PM More reviews by mixmastertiki

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

Solar Oil is wonderful. When applied several times a day to the cuticles, it really keeps them neat, healthy and looking smooth. It smells lovely, like warm almonds, but the scent is not cloying and dissipates as soon as the oil is absorbed into the skin (which is quickly). I'm not crazy about the price which averages about $5-$8 for a half ounce, but it sure seems worth it.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/12/2010 11:11:00 PM More reviews by ktaylo36

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

great!!! i got it off of ebay for a great price!!!! just used today and i can already see a difference!!!

rated 4 of 5 on 5/11/2010 3:04:00 AM More reviews by applesandpairs

This is a great cuticle oil. Good moisturizing effect, and my cuticles don't look half as bad as they used to. I like to use this at night before I go to bed cause it absorbs really quickly. In the morning though I use LUSH Lemony Flutter which is imo, the best thing that happened to my nails EVER. =)

rated 2 of 5 on 4/22/2010 3:15:00 AM More reviews by L0llicandy

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I'm trying to take care of my peely cuticles so I bought this along with Poshe Cuticle cream. It's quite expensive for a such a little bottle! ($3.99 from my local beauty supply store in the smallest size). It comes in a nail polish bottle so you brush it on. It has a really nice scent, like almonds or marzipan. However I don't think it does anything for my nails : / My cuticles look moisturized and really nice after I rub it in but nothing has really changed. I don't think I'd buy this again. Maybe if I was in a spending mood, but really I think any oil could do the same job. Or you could blend something yourself with wheat germ oil, jojoba, and maybe apricot.

Edit: Sorry had to take another lippie off; it just doesn't do anything. Nice smell though and temporarily moisturizes.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/13/2010 5:31:00 AM More reviews by Arbuz

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Love SolarOil!! Smells great, nourishes cuticle and it looks like my nails grow faster. Love the round bottle, too.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/19/2010 7:00:00 PM More reviews by butterfly91

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

steady applications of solar oil are helping me get over my habit of picking at my nails. FINALLY!!!!!!! :-D so yeah... this stuff is amazing :-D and it smells great!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/2/2010 10:32:00 PM More reviews by MissIrene85

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

I love this cuticle oil. it absorbs well into the skin. I've used different kinds and they just don't moisturize like solar oil does.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/1/2010 10:17:00 AM More reviews by patchoulissime

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

Solar Oil is a nice cuticle oil, but it's nothing mind blowing. It does moisturise even dry cuticles well if you remember to use it couple times a day, but I find it to be way overpriced here. I'm not the biggest fan of the almond smell either.

There's nothing else bad to say about it though, I just prefer Nubar nail oils - they're a lot cheaper (at least here) and come in nicer scents too.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/28/2010 2:14:00 AM More reviews by Milena

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

Solar Oil is my favorite cuticle oil and it's a staple nail product for me. It smooths my cuticles nicely, and has a faint sweet almond scent. I love to use this after removing polish to moisturize my nails, after a polish change/ manicure, throughout the day and before bedtime for extra moisture. I've found that it works best when used with/ over CND Cuticle Eraser (be sure your polish is DRY before using them, though ;).