October 22, 2014 | 1427 users online

Toners - Bragg's Apple Cider Vinegar

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 1/5/2014 12:02:00 AM More reviews by hartlisa

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Drink it, and your skin will improve.
Use it with the Aztec Clay mask, and your skin will GLOW. The fact that you can also use it to remove skin tags and moles is unreal. I'm in love with ACV.
I've been drinking it straight up for a while now (Just one spoon in the AM) and using it in masks, but I will try it as a toner more often thanks to your reviews.
For those of you who haven't tried it, make sure you get the organic kind 'with the mother' - the other stuff is diluted/mass produced. Go for Braggs or Eden or similar. x

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 12/13/2013 11:42:00 AM More reviews by balancedbeauty

This stuff is the bomb. I have a mild case of acne, there's always at least one spot on my face and tons and tons of clogged pores. Luckily the clogs haven't erupted into full blown severe acne, my worst case scenario is 5 zits all across.
Since i've started using it as a toner (2 parts water, 1 part ACV) i've noticed that the clogs just disappear. It didn't purge off or anything, just dissolved.
But what really impressed me was its potency and effectiveness as a spot treatment.
I use half a capful of this stuff with a dab of water. I just eyeball it. 4x more ACV than water is what you want.
I dip a cotton pad or q-tip in it and wipe over any areas and zits. It'll start to burn but you'll see that the pimples will start to flatten.
If you have a mega huge annoying one though, feel free to use it straight, but ONLY on that one. Not even on its area. Just on that one pimple.
This is because of it's acidity and AHA (Alpha Beta Hydroxy acids) properties. It goes in the pore and does its job.
If you feel a hot sensation, don't be alarmed, it's just because its a really powerful acid. Which is why, don't mess around with it. Avoid using straight. If you're not careful it will literally burn your skin off.
Another perk is that it lightened some of my post acne marks, mostly the dark black-gray ones. It will also bleach sun/age spots, refine pores, exfoliate, and surprisingly, hydrate the skin.
When i use this toner, which is not everyday i might add, my face feels a tad bit more oily and plump. But at the same time it absorbs excess oil and shine too. Its hard to explain but you just have to try it and see for yourself! Just make sure you're not over at your boyfriends', it stinks!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/6/2013 1:20:00 PM More reviews by VitaminMC

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have suffered from acne for quite a few years. When I hit 25 and it still wasnt letting up I decided to look into more unconventional ways of battle. I picked this up with the intentions of using it as a toner and to add it to my Aztec Clay masks once a week. I tried it and didnt get the results so many had raved about. It sat on my bathroom counter for about a week when I ran across an article saying that taken orally it helps balance the PH within the body and the enzymes help kill off bad bacteria. In desperation I filled a shot glass, added it to a glass of water and choked it down. Did that 3 times in the first day and I swear I woke up the next morning and it was already working. The cystic acne I had was no longer inflamed. and within a week of taking it 3 times a day it was all gone! I thought it might have been a fluke so I stopped it for about 2 days and the acne creeped back up. This in conjunction with drinking TONS of water throughout the day has done what no prescription creams or pills could do. CHEERS!

14 out of 16 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 11/25/2013 5:59:00 AM More reviews by NiecyBaby

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I never would have thought to use apple cider vinegar for anything other than making BBQ sauce. ACV helps restore the PH Balance of your skin and hair. Now its become a regular part of my skincare and haircare regimen!

For my skin, I've diluted this and used it as a toner. I used to have a problem with acne bumps that would really itch and burn. That's almost nonexistent now because of ACV. Just today I had 2 of those burning bumps pop up on my cheeks. I dipped a q-tip into straight ACV and now not only is the burning gone but so are the bumps. No commercial brand acne product has ever worked this fast.

As far as my hair, I've been using this as a rinse just like most people. I mixed equal parts of ACV with water and put it in a spray bottle. I spray it directly on my scalp, massage it in and saturate my hair with it and let it sit for 5 minutes. My 4a curls instantly pop! And what's better, this is the only thing that's been able to get rid of my dandruff. Before this I was using Head and Shoulders Green Apple Shampoo. I'm not saying that shampoo didn't work but it dried my hair out to no end and didn't cure my dandruff. The second I stopped using it, it would return. I've gone a month without doing ACV rinses and my dandruff never came back. I used to have big white flaky patches on my scalp. And lots of white flakes around my hairline, all of it gone!

Just another tip, I also used this to get rid of a raised mole I had on my arm. I just soaked a cotton ball in ACV and placed it on the mole and taped it down. Let it sit there for 8 hours while I was sleeping. The next day the mole was white in color. I repeated the process again for a few more days and the mole turned black and almost looked like it had a scab over it. Eventually it just came off. No harm, no foul!

Needless to say I'm going to keep using this! Its dirt cheap, last forever and its always nice to know exactly what you're applying to your face and hair.

10 out of 11 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 11/22/2013 7:00:00 PM More reviews by linn116

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I dilute this and use as a toner for my face. It has made a huge difference in my overall complexion. Its more even, brighter, less fine lines, and less acne. I've been using it on and off for years. Great product.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/21/2013 4:24:00 PM More reviews by Glitterz484

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Apple cider vinegar is too harsh for my skin. I'm oily/prone to dryness, sensitive, and breakout-prone, so I thought this would help me. However, it turns my face super red and stings when I apply it, even when diluted in a 1:3 ratio. I've tried other ratios, and it just doesn't seem to benefit me. It helped at first, but now my skin rejects it.

I've also tried drinking ACV, and this caused me to break out in a BAD way. It caused me to have bad stomach aches, even when I drank it on a full stomach.

I guess my body just doesn't agree with ACV :P

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/19/2013 6:23:00 AM More reviews by UrbanObsession

I bought this to use as a toner/treatment for my acne-prone, sensitive skin. While it didn't work well for that purpose, I do love it as a clarifying hair rinse and mixed with Healing clay as a masque! I tried it a few times by applying it as a toner with a cotton ball all over my face and neck..I was super sad that it broke me out and left my sensitive skin raw and irritated:( so if you're sensitive then this is best used sparingly or not on your face at all. But it works wonders for a hair rinse, it's so thorough and cleansing I can feel the gunk washing itself out of my hair, sounds weird but true! I put Braggs in a spray bottle and focus on my roots and underneath hair where I get product build up, massage it in, then rinse out and the results are stunning. Hair that shines for days:)) ACV works when mixed with healing clay as well for a penetrating face mask, just don't leave it on for too long or apply too often (once a week max) or it may aggravate tender, sensitive skin. Just my two cents! Natural remedies are great as most people have the ingredients already and this saves me money because I no longer buy clarifying shampoo. In the summer, this is also my go-to remedy for a nasty sunburn, I rub it all over the affected ares before bed and the pain/swelling subsides by morning; although you'll probably be sleeping alone because the smell is potent!

5 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/10/2013 12:30:00 PM More reviews by ajax5455

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I hate the smell of apple cider vinegar, but I'm 62 and for years I've had some cystic acne on my forehead that just won't go away, even with the treatment regimen prescribed by my derm. I scoffed at all of the reviews extoling the virtues of ACV (irrespective of brand). But then I figured, what do I have to lose? I poured some ACV into a small bottle and stuck it in my bathroom, and started applying a bit as a toner twice a day. Two days later, the cysts were noticeably smaller, and two weeks later, they're almost unnoticeable. I don't know if they'll go away entirely, but I'll keep using the ACV for a few months and find out. It makes my pores look smaller and my skin softer as well (and I use Avene Mattifying Fluid as well).

I also have a painful, itchy eczema on my neck (flares up from stress and dairy products), for which my derm prescribed hydrocortisone and Epiceram (Avene Trixera Emollient Balm works better and is much cheaper). I don't like using hydrocortisone (it can thin your skin and it can be absorbed into your body), so I decided to try dabbing on some ACV instead. It's not working as fast as the hydrocortisone, but the rash seems to have calmed down. I'll update in a few months if it continues to improve.

Thanks to all the MUA reviewers. You have better sense than the "experts."

8 out of 10 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 11/9/2013 7:07:00 AM More reviews by Amia0802

I have been using ACV (braggs) as a toner for about a year now. I love love love this stuff. It has so many external and internal health benefits. I used to have very oily acne prone skin. Now I only get the occasional small pimple. I gave up chemical filled facial products and now use Organic raw honey as a face wash and ACV as a toner, with the occasional use of coconut oil as a moisturizer. I will never go back to all the bottles of face wash and skin care products that never worked.

7 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 11/8/2013 5:54:00 AM More reviews by jayweet

mixed 2 tablespoons of acv and a cup of water and i rinsed my hair in it and let it soak in for maybe 5 minutes before i do my usual shampooing and conditioning. ive only used it for a day and i guess my hair does feel softer but not shinier.

i'll try a heavier dosage tonight!

as a toner it didnt make much of a difference to my skin. i was using pure lemon juice before this and IMO lemon feels better somehow. will try it alternately perhaps.

it does stink up the entire bedroom and i keep getting whiffs of it.

i only wash my hair once everyday and only before i sleep so at least i am not putting off potential suitors LOL just kidding.