April 24, 2014 | 1955 users online

Toners - Bragg's Apple Cider Vinegar

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 7/17/2013 6:57:00 AM More reviews by rpalmer8

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Truly amazing stuff. I have never written a review for any acne clearing remedy, but I knew I needed to after the results I got from using Bragg's Raw Unfiltered apple cider vinegar.

Once you get past the smell, there are really no cons. I've been using it full strength (my skin isn't too sensitive) with a cotton ball morning and night for only about 4 days and I'm shocked at its ability to stop breakouts (specifically my initial break out from starting bcp) and it has already started to fade the new scars I was getting from popping the pimples.

At night, I also apply lemon juice with the acv on the scars and wash it off in the morning. I have been drinking a lot of water every day and have been fairly eating well (not a lot of junk food, limited processed sugar, lots of fruits and veggies).

I also take 1 teaspoon internally every morning on an empty stomach and follow with a lot of water to flush out toxins.

Bottom line: GIVE IT A CHANCE. it makes your skin so soft and really helps with oil control. If you have oily skin, don't apply a moisturizer after the acv. It isn't very drying and your skin with naturally produce a small amount of oil to protect itself.

5 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 7/14/2013 8:27:00 PM More reviews by angsw8

I started using this as an toner a few months ago and I really haven't seen any results. Overall I did make my face look much cleaner, but I didn't see a reduction in my acne. I really like the product, but if I'm being honest it did nothing to get rid of the acne I already had and to prevent acne that I continued to get.

I've had other friends and family members who have seen great results with the product, but it just wasn't for me.

And for others out there who haven't seen great results, I would recommend to stop using the product if you don't see results within 2 weeks. Using this product for a couple of months only delayed the healing process of my skin.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/11/2013 9:30:00 AM More reviews by FusiaFever

I read about the benefits of Apple Cider Vinegar in terms of boosting metabolism and helping insomniacs. It is also known to help problems with stomach indigestion. I only recently found out about people using this as a miracle cure for pimples and hair dandruff. I am not really sure about these other uses,but I may give it a try.

Bragg's brand is great because it is unfiltered and not pasteurized. The vinegar is high in vitamins and minerals available in apples. And it is organic, without preservatives. I got mine from Vitacost for a reduced price when bulking two large bottles. I have been adding about 1-2 tablespoons to my daily salads. I know others drink this right out of the bottle or mix it into juice. Maybe I will try it sometime, as it is healthy.

Overall, I really, really like this product. It tastes pretty good in salad, though not as great as red wine vinegar :) And it is really healthy for you. I like at-home natural remedies, so this fits the bill. I also saw this selling at Whole Foods. Don't think this is a magic potion. But I consume it because I believe the health benefits. Will repurchase. $9/bottle

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 7/1/2013 8:33:00 PM More reviews by mdgaugler

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I've struggled with acne for a while and after going on birth control to hopefully banish the problem once and for all, i just broke out even more due to the new hormone imbalances i'm now putting my body through. i read about the endless benefits of organic apple cider vinegar, and with one of them being for your skin, i gave it a try. i began drinking 2-3 tablespoons daily and using a 50/50 diluted toner twice a day. i started about a week and a half ago and i broke out more than usual when i first started, but i kept going with the regimen. my initial break out went away after a few days and my skin has only gotten better since! My scars are lightening up significantly and the amount of pimples that pop up each day are reducing as well. I'm definitely sticking with this and will hopefully only see more improvements! It's definitely worth a try, it's natural and has wonderful other benefits towards a healthy lifestyle.

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 6/29/2013 11:59:00 AM More reviews by acnepimp

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Best part about ACV is that along with skin benefits, you get a TON of other health benefits for the rest of your body.

But if anyone is interested in finding where to buy apple cider vinegar, there is a great article here http://acne-pimples.net/populartreatments/find-apple-cider-vinegar/

It also goes into a more depth about why it works for acne and different ways to use it on your skin, hope it helps!

rated 3 of 5 on 6/27/2013 1:25:00 PM More reviews by sept27

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have heard so many rave reviews on this product that I had to try it! The day I used it, I experience what I thought was the worst bought of acne I had ever experienced. My usually oily skin was dry and scaley and so so red! As the days progressed, I tried to find something that would save my terrible looking skin. I knew it couldn't be purging because I use all organic products and do a mud mask bi-weekly. Then it hit me: I'm allergic to apples and this "acne" was actually a rash from the allergic reaction I was having! As a hair rinse, I really did love this product, however I can not continue using this due to the rash that I have developed :( I really wanted to love this product :(

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/10/2013 3:01:00 PM More reviews by SensualSusanna

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

As far as Apple Cider Vinegar (ACV) goes, this is the good stuff!! What makes Bragg's Apple Cider Vinegar different from any other ACV's out there is that it is unfiltered, non-pasteurized and still maintains the 'mother' in the vinegar. The 'mother' is the pure naturally formed fermentation that starts the entire vinegar process. Unlike other pasteurized vinegars on the market, Bragg's ACV is rich in enzymes, vitamins and minerals found occurring in apples. The fermentation process, when left alone and not disrupted by manufacturing, naturally preserves all the properties that are good for you in apples and creates more properties that enhance the benefits in Bragg's ACV!

I have used this for years. I have actually cured dandruff, used ACV in post shampoo rinses (diluted) and straight up, soothed sunburn, acne, mosquito bites and made awesome tasting salad dressings and tonics with Bragg's ACV. I cannot say enough about this wonderful gift from nature.

To soothe any type of skin irritation (acne pimple, mosquito bite, sunburn etc) make a compress with Bragg's ACV. Take some gauze and the ACV and place on irritation. Allow to stay on for 5 minutes or so. Do this every hour until irritation feels better.

For acne or as a toner, combine 1 part Bragg's ACV with 5 parts distilled water (it is important to use distilled water here and it will sit in a bottle to be used as a toner) to a GLASS bottle. Glass is best. Use with a clean cotton ball or cotton pad after washing face. Do this twice a day. Let air dry. You can spot pimples with straight up ACV to soothe and help banish blemishes.

For a great hair rinse to add shine and softness to your hair --- after shampoo and conditioner --- use 1 part Bragg's ACV to 5 parts water. (I use 1/4 cup to 1 cup water for a nice rinse!) Towel dry hair and let dry naturally. The smell will be eliminated after hair is dry.

For dandruff (which is caused by fungus and a build up of sebum on the scalp)... Use 1/8 cup of Bragg's ACV in a squeeze bottle or a cotton ball. Saturate your entire scalp with it, being careful to protect your eyes. Leave on for about 20 minutes, then shampoo and condition. Do this every time you shampoo until flakes no longer can be detected. It took me about 5 treatments (and I don't wash my hair everyday) to see an absence of flakes. As a maintenance, I do this once every two weeks as it's great to keep the scalp super clean!

Obviously, Braggs is the only ACV I use. Oh and it's organic.
Please do yourself a favor -- buy this only in glass! I don't know why recently Braggs started using plastic bottles, but they should know better.

18 out of 21 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 6/8/2013 8:37:00 PM More reviews by emmaloo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love Apple Cider Vinegar! Any brand, it's all good! I've used this on my hair with baking soda to make it cleaner and softer, as an aid in mole remover, and I'm going to start using it on my face to help make it less oily. I also take a tablespoon with water everyday to help aid in digestion. Great!

rated 4 of 5 on 6/5/2013 3:15:00 PM More reviews by Gidella

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Straight, Other Eyes: Blue

My review isn't for Bragg's ACV, but for another organic brand. I've been using it as a toner for several months now and I have to admit I'm impressed. I use ACV mixed with some tea tree oil every evening and it really works well on my skin. It exfoliates, deep cleans and doesn't dry my skin out at all. It's almost as good as Mario Badescu's Glycolic grapefruit toner, but minus the dryness that I usually get from that.

Usually I transfer some ACV to a smaller travel bottle and add the tea tree oil as it's easier to take with me during travels. At first I did dilute it with water but I find it's more effective if I use it undiluted. Then again my skin is quite oily and used to harsh treatments. It does sting but only for a few seconds.

It hasn't worked wonders for me, I still get the occasional pimple and my pore size remains the same, but I've noticed my pores appear smoother because they're not as congested as they were before and because of it's exfoliating properties my pimples heals a lot faster. The fact that it smells hideous is a big downer, but eh, nothing I won't survive.

Tip: I've found that ACV also works well mixed with some lemon juice and some vitamin c powder. It adds that extra glow to my face, and really evens out my skintone. Also, mixing ACV with some mud mask powder works awesome.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/5/2013 9:58:00 AM More reviews by dddoxie

7/13 UPDATE: My dog gets strange, cancerous tumors on her head and face. I've previously had 2 removed at the vet which was very costly and not to mention traumatic for my dear pup. She developed another large lump recently and I was determined to not put her through another surgery.

I started putting ACV on her lump every day for as long as she would let me. At the time I started doing the ACV treatment the lump was about the size of a nickle and about 5-7mm high. I scheduled a vet appointment for Monday (I started the treatment on Wednesday) and watched the lump closely. When I took her to the vet on Monday, the lump had changed. It was flat but still about the size of a nickel. The vet could offer no explanation of what the lump was, but simply said "remove it." I scheduled the surgery for Friday that week, but told her that the lump appearance has changed since I first noticed it and that I may end up cancelling the surgery.

I went home and googled "apple cider vinegar skin cancer" and found and article that indicated ACV plus raw, pureed eggplant is a proven cure for over 80,000 cases of skin cancer. I had nothing to lose so I immediately made the concoction and applied it to my dog's lump religiously 3-4x/day for about a minute each application. I kid you not, that mass started to go away. After about 10 days, I'm happy to say the mass is COMPLETELY GONE. I continue to apply the eggplant/ACV mush to her head every day, just to make sure it doesn't reappear, but I'm so thrilled, I can't even contain myself.

ORIGINAL: I've purchased multiple bottles of this. I use it to cook with and more recently as a hair rinse and in a homemade toner. The toner I made was AMAZING. I've been battling with acne for what...19 years now? And I've tried just about every product that claims to have acne-fighting properties with very limited results, if any. But after only 2 weeks of using the ACV toner, I haven't had a zit in that entire timeframe. yes, a little blackhead pops up now and again, but i'm talking no major red, inflamed, grossness.

The recipe I use is:
1 part ACV
2 parts water (I use rose water)
10 drops bergamot EO
5 drops grapefruit EO
5 drops roman chamomile EO

The EOs used can easily be swapped out for others, these are just what I chose to try for this batch. It made about 1 cup worth of product which will last about 3 weeks (I use it 2x/daily).

Granted, it still smells heavily of the vinegar, but I got used to it after a few days. My skin just looks amazing. I still have acne scars from previous breakouts, but I will continue to use this to see if it will help out with those and report back.

I also use ACV for heartburn, GERD, A/R. A big swig of this stuff will calm down firey heartburn in a few minutes.

It's truly a miracle product.

6 out of 10 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No