September 18, 2014 | 1987 users online

Masks - LUSH - Catastrophe Cosmetic

rated 5 of 5 on 5/10/2012 5:52:00 AM More reviews by Niamhus27

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I don't usually write reviews but felt compelled after I decided to buy this amazing little product! I've been using this almost every evening for about a week after cleansing, and it has really cleared up my acne-prone skin second to none. I keep it in the fridge and it feels sooo soothing when you apply it, cool and refreshing. It has reduced the red tones in my skin amazingly, something which has been really bugging me of late! It dries in no time, unlike non-organic face masks, so you really don't need to leave it on for too long. The one thing I will say is that I found it a tad drying, but this is due to my skin - although I have spots I also have dryness! I have rectified this problem with a few drops of Trilogy Rosehip Oil after I wash off this mask (another amazing product). This is perfect for someone with acne-prone, slightly oily skin looking to combat redness and the skize of their spots. And, because it's totally organic, your skin will just love it :) Let's stop attacking our skin with acids and harsh chemicals! This sort of thing is the way to go!

rated 3 of 5 on 4/29/2012 6:51:00 AM More reviews by Gillybby

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Other, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Bought it because I loved the smell (So blueberries!), and am always looking for something that'll help with my acne and oily skin.

First, it doesn't really spread nicely like other masks I've tried. It tends to clump, making it difficult to get an even coverage without really packing it on.
Second, it dries crumbly. I had to sit over a bowl just so I wouldn't get grey powder all over my desk while I wrote essays.
Third, and probably the deal breaker, pretty sure it left me with a thin film of powder. Feeling my skin now, it's like there's an invisible layer of talcum powder all over my face. It's not pleasant.

While I'm sure some people would love it, I'm looking for somethign that'll actually help my skin and not just make me feel girly for half an hour.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/24/2012 2:12:00 AM More reviews by briano1092

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

I love LUSH Brazened Honey Mask but not this one. It does nothing good or bad to my skin but when I wash my face, the mask still leaves a grey cast that is impossible to wash off, I have to rub my skin real hard or use a toner afterward.
I will not repurchase any fresh mask from LUSH because I think they're just feel-good-masks and do nothing beneficial to my skin.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/21/2012 9:36:00 PM More reviews by greenreed

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Pricy. Smells great. Absorbs oil without drying. Evens out redness. Despite the cost, i''d definitely buy again; it made enough difference for me to actually get in the habit of using a mask once a week. I doled out portions and froze them for future use. Some of the lush items are a miss, but this is a definite hit for me.
I will go thru extra trouble if something actually works for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/13/2012 10:04:00 AM More reviews by Amyjj

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I LOVE this mask!! it controlled my oily, spot-prone skin, yet hydrated my dry patches wonderfully! for my very spotty times (hormones!) I use this with Grease Lightning spot treatment, which seems to make the spot healing process much faster. :)

rated 4 of 5 on 4/7/2012 8:21:00 PM More reviews by chines3noodl3s

I've tried almost all of the fresh masks at lush and this has to be my favourite! whenever I go in there I have to buy this. it actually makes my face less red (acne prone skin), and makes my pimples smaller. it feels great when you wash it off, and its one of lush's better smelling masks.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/19/2012 12:38:00 PM More reviews by Corak

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Because of my acne, I use chemical exfoliants frequently. Sometimes due to my anxiousness, I put too much on in a desperate (and often unsuccessful) attempt to rescue a large spot, and end up with completely inflamed and angry red skin. This is when I whip this out as a final rescue tool. It is the chamomile and rose ingredients which is saturated in the liquid that works. So pick up more of the liquid bit, let it sink in for at least 15 mins and up to 1 hour. Rinse it off, and you will notice immediately calmed and neutralized skin tone.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/19/2012 12:38:00 AM More reviews by Abrial

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This was a good face mask...how ever at least for me, it is definitely not LUSH's best.

Normally I use Oatafix face mask, which smells like Oatmeal cookies on your skin. I like that one because it is very hydrating, but due to the fact that they were out at my LUSH this was the next best thing. The smell how ever was something that I could barely tolerate, it was very perfumy in the scent of roses and blueberries. I put this on my face and walked by my roommate and she said "Eww that smells so strong".

One fantastic thing about LUSH face masks are the amount that you get. It doesn't seem like a lot, and I've known some people to get disappointed at how much is there, but a little goes a very long way. I actually ended up wasting almost a quarter of it, because I couldn't use it fast enough, I will definitely freeze half next time.

With sensitive acne prone skin, I don't think this mask did me any favors. Instead of soothing my skin, it seems more red and angry than it did previously, at first I thought it was just pulling everything to the surface, but this mask didn't seem to impart any lasting benefits to my skin.

So in the end...it did not break me out, but it did not make my skin any better. I just look for AMAZING when it comes to face masks and this is not it, I think I will stick to the oatafix mask.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/13/2012 4:59:00 PM More reviews by gconn

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Black

This is my favorite Lush face mask ever. I bought Cupcake when they were out of this one, and it just wasn't the same.

Description:
- Blue and gritty, sort of like blueberry ice cream. Clay base.
- Smells...vaguely perfumed. Very pleasant, and not too overbearing.
- Comes in the same Lush tub as all the others - save these for a free mask with every 5 empty tubs!
- Needs to be used by about 3 weeks. If you can't use it up that quickly, divide and freeze a couple spoonfuls on a plate, pop 'em off when they're frozen, and put them in a ziplock baggie. You can defrost them when you're ready to use them later by letting one sit at room temp for a few minutes.

What it does:
- Brightens, tightens skin
- Reduces redness
- Soothes blemishes and inflammation
- SUCKS UP all the oil in your face

I always need to moisturize after this, but more oily gals (and guys) may not. This is a real 'feel and look good' mask, and the effects last maybe 12-24 hours. I love to use it on a regular basis, but it would also many a great special occasion mask to give your skin an extra boost.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/24/2012 3:53:00 AM More reviews by stephyrm12

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is my first lush product and i was very impressed! I used it every other day and it made my skin super nice. My skin doesnt have many problems except for dryness and the occasional breakout, but this made my skin... glow. I dont know how else to say it, it made my skin look more healthy and glowing from within than it ever has, which is never has. LOL. I guess it was the blueberries that really made it healthy and glow. i had flawless glowing skin for about 3 weeks because of this. (x the closest lush is about an hour from my house, but next time i go, i will try more of their masks for sure! my only problem with this is that the texture of this was a little difficult to spread. Not very creamy and smooth like it was in the store. idk, could have just been my jar, but mine was kinda dry and rough cause of all the blueberries and all.