Bourjois Effet 3 D Lipgloss

C10-30 CHOLESTEROL/LANOSTEROL ESTERS, POLYBUTENE, OCTYLDODECANOL, DIISOSTEARYL MALATE, SILICA DIMETHYL SILYLATE, CERA MICROCRISTALLINA (MICROCRYSTALLINE WAX), CALCIUM ALUMINUM BOROSILICATE, MICA, CI 77891 (TITANIUM DIOXIDE), CALCIUM SODIUM BOROSILICATE, SILICA, PROPYLPARABEN, CI 77491 (IRON OXIDES), POLYETHYLENE TEREPHTHALATE, PARFUM (FRAGRANCE), PEG-8, TOCOPHEROL, CI 15850 (RED 7 LAKE), ACRYLATES COPOLYMER, CI 15985 (YELLOW 6 LAKE), CI 42090 (BLUE 1 LAKE), TIN OXIDE, CI 15850 (RED 6), CI 45410 (RED 28 LAKE), CI 17200 (RED 33 LAKE), ASCORBYL PALMITATE, ALUMINA, CI 75470 (CARMINE), CI 77499 (IRON OXIDES), ASCORBIC ACID, CITRIC ACID, CI 19140 (YELLOW 5 LAKE), CI 45410 (RED 27 LAKE) Updated as of January 7, 2011

on 7/24/2008 1:05:00 AM

I used to work at a bourjois counter but trust me I care way more about quality than brand loyalty. I really like these glosses because they condition you lips with vitamin e while providing tons and tons of shine. One client insisted that I had my lips done because of them. At 19 yrs old! (I really think she may have been slightly crazy). Anyway, they are very highly pigmented and not tacky.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I agree with another reviewer. This product is overloaded with glitter particles and it takes some effort to get it all off! However, on the upside it is quite thick and I found that it lasted quite a while. Also the colour is highly pigmented.

on 6/21/2008 7:53:00 AM

Back when I was about 12 or 13 these were the first glosses my mom allowed me to buy in very neutral shades. And I still love them to this day. Since then I have tried almost the full range, although I haven't been keeping up with the collection for the past couple of years. I always liked the formula of these and the color selection (not MAC but not bad if you ask me). I like the packaging very much, the lip brush in these is so easy to use, precise and very easy to wash. I love the fact that these shimmer. Basically if I didn't already own too many glosses these would be definitely worth buying. I think the price is good (I think here they are around $10 a pop).

on 6/20/2008 11:54:00 PM

I bought this product because it was highly recommended by alot of Japanese fashion magazines. And I just learnt not to trust them anymore. It is'nt bad, just overrated and not worth $22 SGD. It is pretty pigmented, with a glitter overdose. Read: When you wipe it off, the glitter stays. And it takes 2 days of bathing to actually get rid of the last traces of glitter around you lip area. Gross.
But the effect is pretty. The colour is nice, the glitter shines, it makes your lips look yummy. Won't buy again but glad I own one. (Mine is Les Nudes #37)

on 6/8/2008 10:43:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

When I say 'would I buy this product again' and 'yes', I mean in a perfect world where this lip gloss didn't cost me about $20AUD a tube. Is it worth the price? I really, really want to say no because i've found a cheaper alternative, but so far i've not found a gloss so perfectly smooth in consistency that manages to stay on like this one has. Mind you, I don't mean that it stays on all day, nor is it outstanding in staying power (2 hours into my eight hour shift is stretching it), but so far it has outlasted the other glosses i've tried.

Personally I don't like the idea of reviewing glosses because glosses are one of those things where everyone has different preferences. For me, I want sheer, smooth, non-sticky but can stay on reasonably well gloss. This one fits most of those, except for the 'sheer', for me these glosses are fairly pigmented. But the smoothness is absolutely delectable; I simply can't stand sticky glosses, and this one kept my lips feeling moisturised and smooth the way my dream gloss would. I don't tend to expect smooth glosses to stay on for very long, but this one exceeded my, admittedly not very high, expectations in that department.

So do I love this gloss? Definitely. Am I a poor/frugal uni student who can't really be spending $20 on a tube of gloss? Definitely as well. And that is pretty much my only complaint with this gloss, the fact that I think $20 is a liiiittle too much to be paying for gloss, but if you're ok with that i'd recommend it to the end of the world.

on 6/1/2008 7:48:00 PM

I am in love with this product. The product is expensive but it makes your lips look absolutely amazing.
The glitter adds the fun, the colors are gorgeous ans as everybody says really hard to narrow down. You just want all of them!!! I will definitely buy this lipgloss again and again!!!
I read other reviews, and didn't have the problem of glitter sticking on my lips while the lipgloss itself is gone like other reviewers did. Maybe they changed the formula? I would urge to try again

on 5/15/2008 7:27:00 PM

This is one of those products everybody seems to love, but to me it is only an ok lipgloss.
They are not bad, but I am not crazy about them.
There are some pretty colors, and they are very shiny, but the staying power is only average. And after sometime I have glitter all over my lips. After a few hours I still can feel the gloss on my lips, but then I look in the mirror and all I can see is: glitter.
I like that you can buy the minis, so you can try lots of colors.
I also like that I donīt notice any scent o smell in it.
You can probably buy similar (or even better) products for a fraction of the price.

on 4/26/2008 6:31:00 PM

I contemplated buying this for a while, my friend recommended it to me, although I hadnt seen her wearing it.
Yes, it does make your lips look bigger, but I find that there is so much glitter in this gloss, once it dries I end up with glitter round my mouth and I look like ive tried to eat the thing and it makes my lips look plastic, which reminds me of those awful plastic dolls.
Also, for the price, there are MANY cheaper and better lip glosses out there. It does give the illusion of plumper lips, but there is just so much glitter in it, no wonder my boyfriend hates it. I really wouldnt recommend it, or if you were to go ahead and buy it anyway, dont wear it for long periods of time as the glitter gets everywhere.

Edit: I used this again for a photo shoot, and I found that it seemed to stay on a lot longer, even though I didnt apply that much. The glitter still ended up round my mouth, but I found it was bettre this time than the last few times I tried it. So, I'll give it another lippie. Still dont think its worth the price tag though.

on 3/23/2008 11:40:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

Quite good gloss, I have it in colour 16 Beige theoric. The cons are it is not durable-gone within an hour and the taste of it is not pleasant. But i would repurchase it as I find it quite difficult to find the beige colour I like! Oh but the good thing is it is not sticky at all!

on 3/9/2008 11:48:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

This lip gloss is amazing! I have two tubes of it right now (#34 Rose Mythic...which completely matches my lip tone and #29 Rose Charismatic...SO sparkly, but NOT gritty like some sparkly lip glosses). I am definitely going to buy more of these. They are the absolute perfect texture for a gloss...not sticky / tacky and not so thin that it wears off quickly. It is long lasting, shiny, comfortable to wear and comes in SO many pretty colors!

Popular Lip Glosses