July 28, 2014 | 1949 users online

Polishes - OPI - Cajun Shrimp

rated 5 of 5 on 4/23/2010 6:18:00 PM More reviews by Barb2313

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is absolutely THE best color "red" ever! They make it in the OPI gel nail polish and it looks beautiful on both my fingers AND toes...I have received sooooo many compliments about the color - and btw, I am fair, light blonde, brown eyes...I would have never tried this color in a million years, saw it on a friend and I was hooked!!! It really is summery; a light red with hues of coral and pink, depending on the light - and it's amazing that this odd, but beautiful color looks perfect on my skin. Try it - you won't be disappointed!!!

rated 4 of 5 on 4/19/2010 12:40:00 PM More reviews by vgirlygirl

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other Eyes: Green

Love this product! I have to admit though I only wear it on my toes. For some reason it looks a little off on my fingers, but on my toes it is a gorgeous bright coralish-red. Too cute! Perfect for rockin those open toed shoes in Summertime.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/19/2010 12:07:00 PM More reviews by nikki5

I absolutely love this color!! It is the perfect spring/summer nailpolish. I only use this on my toes and it looks great when I am pale w/o accentuating my ghost-ness ;) and faboosh when I am tan. It is a wonderful orangey-red that is not overpowering.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/14/2010 5:47:00 PM More reviews by whitesoxrock

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

It's nice for your toes, but I wouldn't put in on my fingernails. It's too orange, and I usually stick with darker colors for my fingernails. The bottle lasts forever, just remember to screw it on all the way. I've gone on to better colors, but keep this one just in case.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/4/2009 10:10:00 PM More reviews by NatsumiXidnan

This is such a cute summery color! It is so bright and looks great when you get a tan!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/4/2009 8:38:00 PM More reviews by Vulnavia

This just makes me happy to see on my toes, and I think the name is adorable too. :) It probably shouldn't work for me as it's orangey and I'm a blue-based pale girl, but it really brightens up my piggies to the point where the three-year-olds in my preschool class tell me that they like it. If the world's most honest critics give it high marks, so will everyone else. (My boyfriend likes it too.) I love this polish so much - as well as Friar, Friar, Pants on Fire! and to a lesser extent Fireflies - that I am converting into an OPI devotee. Wonderful, fun summer color.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/20/2009 11:17:00 AM More reviews by Juliet7781

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Blue

LOVE this color. It's so summery and looks great with a summer tan. It's red on the orangey side, not blue. No shimmer at all.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/24/2009 12:39:00 AM More reviews by tragicglamour83

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

I generally love OPI polish; I really don't think there is a better brand on the market! Everything from the brush, consistency, and lasting power is top notch. I chose "Cajun Shrimp" for a recent pedicure, to try something a little different. With the weather getting nice and warm, I figured a coral shade would be a cute, summery alternative. I have extremely pale skin, and this actually looks great with it- although I'm sure it would look absolutely phenomenal against a nice suntan. As others have mentioned, this is a bright red-orange coral. It actually has more red in it than I expected, but thats not a bad thing. It's a beautiful shade that is sure to become a warm-weather staple for me!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/25/2009 5:45:00 PM More reviews by laceylogan

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Love, Love, Love this color! It means summer is here :) It stays on my toes from March - August! Looks fantastic with a tan!

rated 4 of 5 on 4/4/2009 6:38:00 PM More reviews by little7elf

This has been a tireless summer pedicure staple for me for the past FIVE years. I actually still look forward to the day when I get to break out the cajun shrimp for the season. I always get compliments on this shade, whether it's on my toes or just sitting in the bottle on my shelf. Glossy and gorgeous with out even the slightest tinge of shimmer... love it.
EDIT: the color is not as fashionable as it once was since there are so many more neons and oranges on the market today. However, it's a nice safe bet or easy transition into the world of vibrants since the amount of red lends a classic timelessness to the shocking elements - good balance.