LUSH Cupcake Mask

3.6

Rhassoul Mud, Linseed Infusion, Glycerine, Talc, Cocoa Powder, Cocoa Butter, Fresh Mint, Sandalwood Oil, Vanilla Absolute, Spearmint Oil, Peppermint Oil, Perfume

on 3/25/2013 12:10:00 PM

This is a relatively new fresh face mask from Lush and has been receiving rave reviews from online users. I decided to try the product for myself and have fallen in love with it.

I am normally not one for chocolate smells for products as they tend to be too sweet or smell too much like loaded chemicals, but this one is refreshingly minty and not very overpowering.

It does on thick and does contain some substance to the consistency. I used in the bath and left on my skin for about 5 - 8 minutes and removed with a warm washcloth. I wasn't expecting miracles but did notice my skin felt smoother and have not had any adverse reactions to the product. My skin is not what I would consider significantly oily, so I cannot speak to that aspect of the product.

All Fresh Face Masks have to be placed in the fridge and do not last for an extended period of time, which can be bothersome at times because I tend to leave my beauty products all over the bathroom! The cool temperature on the skin is actually quite nice and the price point of $6.95 CDN is not expensive at all. Lush even has a program where by when you bring back 5 empty pots (not just for facial masks) you receive a free face mask for taking the initiative to recycle, which is a great program in my opinion.

Overall, smells lovely, feels good on the skin, makes my skin feel soft and detoxed. A lovely, lovely product.

The smell of this product is nice. However, this product just doesn't work for me. It doesn't make me break out at all, but neither does it help me to reduce pores or to make my skin less oily. I was attracted by the smell and the fact that there's chocolate in it, and of course the name. Cupcake smells cute. This just doesn't work for my skin, it's a nice experience and my skin feels clear after it, but overall i wouldn't buy it again because there are no beneficial ingredients in it that might work.

on 3/4/2013 10:58:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

I got this mask because it was advertised to be good for oily skin and breakouts. It smelled kind of like chocolate and looked like wet potting soil. It didn't really do anything special so I probably wouldn't buy it again. I'd rather try something new.

on 2/17/2013 5:52:00 PM

I love this mask so much ! The first time I used it, I wasn't sure about the smell, but I guess I got used to it because i'm in love now. This stuff smells amazing, i'm totally crazy about it ! I don't put it all over my face, only on my nose and area that feel oilier. It really helps to reduce my pore and it does not sting at all. The only problem I have with lush products is that they're only good for a month.

on 2/12/2013 3:28:00 PM

I actually bought this mask because the one I wanted wasn't available, this meant I hadn't read any reviews and I was dying to know whether it worked. I happened to come across loads of bad reviews but gave it a go anyway, and I have seen a difference; my skin is less oily & let me tell you one thing, I have really oily skin, I have also seen a decrease in blackheads which is awesome. I really recommend this product + my skin feels so soft after which is always great.

on 1/31/2013 9:55:00 AM

This mask didn't do shit for me. I'm acne prone and its just meh. I also HATE the smell. Catastrophe cosmetic will always be my HG mask. Cupcake can kick rocks.

on 1/31/2013 1:03:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Neutral

I didn't like this mask. LUSH's herbal masks are far more effective than this novelty mask. I didn't expect dramatic results to be honest, because what exactly could a cupcake mask be comprised of? I can't think of any beneficial ingredients for one's skin that involves a dessert, besides maybe cocoa. Will not be purchasing again.

on 1/26/2013 4:23:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

Though this product smells VERY good, it has done absolutely nothing for me. I suffer from oily skin, and when I saw this, I was dying to give it a shot. However, after trying it, I felt saw no results. My skin felt cleaner (probably from washing the mask off), but there was no difference in how my pores felt, nor did it help with my trouble spots. It is also very messy, and stains towels (oops). Disappointed with this :(

on 1/16/2013 2:40:00 AM

*SHORT SUMMARY; THIS IS AN ACNE REDUCING / OIL CONTROL MASK*

I don't know why the call it "cupcake" it should be called "Chocolate covered banana"! This mask goes on smelling of rich chocolate, sweet enough you wanna eat it! And for some odd reason, when it's time to rinse off, it smells like banana instead!

I have combination/oily skin, this helps reduce oil without drying out my face completely. I love it because It gives me a more matte appearance, so I can wear my highlighters and MSF's without looking too shiny by the end of the day! If you have dry skin, I definitely recommend avoiding this.

It also helps clear up my occasional breakouts, better than my actual acne creams and masks! It's become my new favorite mask!

BASIC INFO ABOUT ALL OF LUSH'S MASKS:
The masks are made of natural ingredients, and are not tested on animals. They come in a 2.1 oz jar, with a screw top lid. The jar is recyclable, and the store offers a program where you can return 5 of your empty jars in exchange for one full mask of your choice. Each mask cost's a little less than $7. You get about 5 uses from one jar. Each mask is typically good for about 2 weeks from it's packaged date. Each jar is labeled with a package date, and expiration date. These masks are to be kept refrigerated. Typical recommended use is 2-3 times a week. I do not recommend purchasing more than one mask at a time, as you will end up wasting product... It will expire before you can use them all up, unless you plan to use one jar everyday for a week.

on 12/16/2012 9:58:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

This did absolutely nothing for my skin, which ranges from normal to oily. The smell though, is wonderful, but not anything else. It's strange because most other Lush fresh face masks work for me, but not this one. It's supposed to take away oil but it did not. Just left a nice chocolate-y smell, which I can get with edible chocolates. If you really want a Lush mask that would take away oil, Brazened Honey is much better, and super. Will definitely NOT be replacing Cupcake.

Popular Masks