August 30, 2014 | 1821 users online

Treatments (Face) - Neutrogena - Healthy Skin Anti-Wrinkle Cream

rated 4 of 5 on 6/10/2011 1:06:00 AM More reviews by katherine1981

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I went to the store 3 weeks ago, I was looking for a new anti-aging cream since my other one ran out that was terrible, I was picky this time, and I chose the "cheap", and let me tell ya that after 2 weeks, my friend started noticing great results in my skin, and complemented it! I WAS SO HAPPY! I got one for her, and she loved it. I am so buying it again, the downside is it is soooooo creamy you have to spread it out in other areas like your neck. Overall, it is GREAT!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/10/2011 12:45:00 AM More reviews by powiedot

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I was unfortunate to have oily, sensitive, large-pored, acne skin with fine lines. ( I'm 37). Thanks mom and dad! I have tried numerous skin treatments from department stores, drug stores, Retin A prescription. Products for sensitive and fine line skin are way too greasy. products for oily, large-pored, acne skin are way too harsh. For some strange reason, Retin A didn't do much and I've been on it for quite some time. I decided to try this cream after reading review by Paula Begeoun. I WAS NOT DISAPPOINTED!

The texture of the cream is more like gel-cream. It is not greasy at all. I applied the cream and went to bed. When I woke up in the morning, my skin felt smoother and my cyctic acne had shrunk by 50%! I never had such good results in the past, not even with Retin A. My skin didn't sting (it is very sensitive, even before I started Retin a treatment).

I have been using this cream twice a day for 2 weeks. My fine lines are less noticeable and my skin continues to improve. In the morning, I apply Neutrogena Ultra sheer sunblock spf 45 over the cream. I live in sunny southern california and I use sunblock with spf of at least 30 all year round. Since I started using this cream, I had 1 new tiny zit ( hormonal). The zit cleared up in 2 days.

For all you ladies who experienced dryness, you can apply this cream and then apply a moisturizer over it. If Neutrogena changes the formula and add more emollient, us gals with my type of skin wouldn't be able to use it.

I have been searching for the perfect skin treatment since my teens! I finally found it. I hope Neutrogena will never stop making it or change anything. It is excellent the way it is!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/23/2011 11:30:00 PM More reviews by darkskyequeen

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have never been this happy with a face cream and it's only been a few weeks. All I wanted was a product with some retinol in it for night time use because I hear it's important for helping prevent wrinkles at my age. So I was very surprised to instead notice a huge improvement in the look of my skin. I notice some of my tougher acne scars are really fading, my skin tone is more evened out and a little bit brighter. I have had no new pimple since starting this and that of course helps with the battle against my scars since I scar very easily at the mere tingle of a new pimple. I really can't believe how fast this product has worked for me. Today was the first day I felt I could be confident leaving the house without foundation on. My skin is far from flawless but it's at a level where I don't feel like I need to cover it up when in public. I hope this product keeps impressing me and doesnt ware out. Im almost thinking of buying the one with SPF in it for day time use. Oh also I have pretty sensitive skin and I really don't feel any irritation and I'm not skimping on the amount that I put on my face. I'm thinking of trying this on my stretch marks.. maybe it will help fade them more. This is pretty expensive IMO up here in Canada... it's in the $23-$25 CDN range everywhere where I looked except for Walmart where I found it for $14 CDN... craziness.. why the huge difference??

Anyways I'll have to do an update on this after using it for a longer stretch.

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/26/2011 3:56:00 PM More reviews by chayaNY

This was the very first anti-aging product I tried. I had good results, though at the time, in my 20's, I had no lines, just combination skin. However I give this a good rating because it never broke me out, nor caused irritation both of which I have been prone to all my life. I would use it again and find it to be a very good starter anti aging product for a younger person, also effective for other ages who want something eay to find, non irritating, and otc.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/26/2011 3:21:00 PM More reviews by rach2111

LOVE LOVE LOVE this moisturiser! I'm onto my second tube and it's great. Doesn't break me out, helps to keep my skin clear and at 26 is dealing to those first little wrinkles too. Defintely alternate between this and your regular moisturuser if you are just starting though as it can dry out your skin, but I use it every morning - and sometimes at night - and have no issues with dryness. Totally recommend it

rated 5 of 5 on 4/18/2011 11:44:00 PM More reviews by durvinmcnurvin

I actually bought this product because I read so many reviews on the way it cleared up some people acne problems and their skin tone. Let me say honestly this is the best product I've tried so far, although I'm not sure about it actually working for wrinkles I can say it has cleared my acne and given my skin such a nice even tone!! The best part is I've only been using it for a week!

What I do is use neutrogena skin polishing acne cleanser in the morning(which is just a salicylic acid treatment of 0.5%) then at night wash my face with neutrogena fresh foaming cleanser(nothing harsh in that, basically just a makeup remover) then apply the neutrogena anti wrinkle cream.
Best purchase I've made so far!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/23/2011 3:46:00 PM More reviews by princess101

This product is a little miracle worker. After two weeks of continued use both AM/PM I've noticed a significant difference in the smile line on the right side of my face, as well as the single wrinkle that once dominated the middle of my forehead.

The smile line has almost completely disappeared, while the forehead wrinkle has diminished significantly enough that I don't worry about foundation or powder accentuating and settling in that area anymore. I'm not sure if this was due to the Retinol A, or if perhaps my skin lacked moisture and is now fully moisturized and has therefor plumped the skin to aleviate the appearance of these lines.

This works well as a base for makeup, as it absobs immediately and does not rest on top my skin. I have had no negative side effects on my skin (so far) and the texture and tone has improved greatly; I require less foundation and only exfoliate twice a week rather than every other day.

The packaging could be better---an airless pump bottle would be nice. Price is hefty for a drugstore product, but less expensive than a department store. However, with the results I've received, I'd gladly pay more.

Purchased this on sale for $23.99CDN though it can retail up to $32.99 CDN.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 2/9/2011 8:07:00 PM More reviews by starapples

Holy cow, guys---my skin has not been this clear since BEFORE puberty! I've been trying to hold out and not review this until I used it for a month, but it's been 2 weeks and has been working so well I couldn't wait...!! I bought this cream not for it's anti-wrinkle properties, but because I heard retinol was a good treatment for acne. Literally in two weeks, I only have a couple clogged pores and no pimples. I haven't had no pimples in so long!!! My skin is far from flawless, but the fact I have no major acne is blowing my mind! I'm sooo excited by this! This cream has even started to fade some of my acne scars! Admittedly, I can't really contend for it's anti-wrinkle properties as I'm only 21, but it has plumped out a couple fine lines I started to get between my brows after some major sun damage I got this past year. I don't know how it'll do for actual wrinkles, but I think this would be a fantastic preventative treatment. I do have dry, sensitive skin, so I'm so glad this formula is really gentle. I've heard of a lot people getting peely and irritated from retinol, so I was extremely cautious when I started using this. During the first week, I used it every other night, since after the first night my skin looked like a dried little prune. Then this past week (2nd week), I upped to using it for two nights straight, gave it a break, then used it again for another two nights. So far, my skin is tolerating this dosage really well and I think it's finally acclimated to the product. I haven't experienced any irritation whatsoever from this cream nor is my skin getting dry from it anymore. It absorbs super quickly, and is even moisturizing. Like all retinol treatments, it makes you sensitive to the sun, so SPF is a must when going outside. But yeah, this treatment is absolutely amazing!! I don't believe in miracle products, but for me and my skin issues, the is the closest it's ever gotten! I highly recommend it!

11 out of 11 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 1/16/2011 5:04:00 AM More reviews by taya786

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Needed a anti wrinkle cream with retinal that wasn't too expensive, and that worked for my skin.. I am 28 and have comb/ more toward oily side skin, I used to get acne alot but still break out once in a while.. I still have brown/ blueish acne blemishes and some sun spots that are just starting..
So I have been using this product for about 1 month and I can truly say that it is amazing way better than many highend products, atleast the ones that I tried ...My sun spots are almost gone and
pores are less visible.. Skin tone has improved, and
this is within a month.. So if I keep using it I'm sure
my skin will be much better in the long run:))

So this is my routine everynight I use neutrogena clear bar soap,use a paper towel to wipe my face, use this night cream every other night, in-between I use olay regenerist night time
resurfacing elixir ...you can't use these too products together... Because 1 has retinal and the other glycolic acid.. And make sure to apply sunscreen in the daytime otherwise u are prone to sunburn don't skip this step!!!!! I use olay regenerist uv moisturizer which is great for my skin it's a bit on the privet side for drugstore but olay always has coupons and rebates, so check that out. I hope my review will help some ppl honesty my skin has improved alot.. And I used to spend more than 100 dollars for a 1-1/2 month supply before.. Now I spend about half that and have better results.. This has taught me never under estimate drugstore products they can be just as effective ...
Also if something stops working for you switch up ur routine , and cone back to that product after 2 weeks;))

rated 4 of 5 on 1/12/2011 7:40:00 PM More reviews by junkfood1991

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is a good retinol product. It had worked well 4 my acne until... it didn't work anymore. Since then I moved onto tretinoin cream which was a miracle cure 4 me. I recommend this product if you got mild acne or your skin is sensitive and if you want to try out retinol product.