April 17, 2014 | 1017 users online

Treatments - Neutrogena - Healthy Skin Anti-Wrinkle Cream

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/23/2011 3:46:00 PM More reviews by princess101

This product is a little miracle worker. After two weeks of continued use both AM/PM I've noticed a significant difference in the smile line on the right side of my face, as well as the single wrinkle that once dominated the middle of my forehead.

The smile line has almost completely disappeared, while the forehead wrinkle has diminished significantly enough that I don't worry about foundation or powder accentuating and settling in that area anymore. I'm not sure if this was due to the Retinol A, or if perhaps my skin lacked moisture and is now fully moisturized and has therefor plumped the skin to aleviate the appearance of these lines.

This works well as a base for makeup, as it absobs immediately and does not rest on top my skin. I have had no negative side effects on my skin (so far) and the texture and tone has improved greatly; I require less foundation and only exfoliate twice a week rather than every other day.

The packaging could be better---an airless pump bottle would be nice. Price is hefty for a drugstore product, but less expensive than a department store. However, with the results I've received, I'd gladly pay more.

Purchased this on sale for $23.99CDN though it can retail up to $32.99 CDN.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/9/2011 8:07:00 PM More reviews by starapples

Holy cow, guys---my skin has not been this clear since BEFORE puberty! I've been trying to hold out and not review this until I used it for a month, but it's been 2 weeks and has been working so well I couldn't wait...!! I bought this cream not for it's anti-wrinkle properties, but because I heard retinol was a good treatment for acne. Literally in two weeks, I only have a couple clogged pores and no pimples. I haven't had no pimples in so long!!! My skin is far from flawless, but the fact I have no major acne is blowing my mind! I'm sooo excited by this! This cream has even started to fade some of my acne scars! Admittedly, I can't really contend for it's anti-wrinkle properties as I'm only 21, but it has plumped out a couple fine lines I started to get between my brows after some major sun damage I got this past year. I don't know how it'll do for actual wrinkles, but I think this would be a fantastic preventative treatment. I do have dry, sensitive skin, so I'm so glad this formula is really gentle. I've heard of a lot people getting peely and irritated from retinol, so I was extremely cautious when I started using this. During the first week, I used it every other night, since after the first night my skin looked like a dried little prune. Then this past week (2nd week), I upped to using it for two nights straight, gave it a break, then used it again for another two nights. So far, my skin is tolerating this dosage really well and I think it's finally acclimated to the product. I haven't experienced any irritation whatsoever from this cream nor is my skin getting dry from it anymore. It absorbs super quickly, and is even moisturizing. Like all retinol treatments, it makes you sensitive to the sun, so SPF is a must when going outside. But yeah, this treatment is absolutely amazing!! I don't believe in miracle products, but for me and my skin issues, the is the closest it's ever gotten! I highly recommend it!

10 out of 10 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 1/16/2011 5:04:00 AM More reviews by taya786

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Needed a anti wrinkle cream with retinal that wasn't too expensive, and that worked for my skin.. I am 28 and have comb/ more toward oily side skin, I used to get acne alot but still break out once in a while.. I still have brown/ blueish acne blemishes and some sun spots that are just starting..
So I have been using this product for about 1 month and I can truly say that it is amazing way better than many highend products, atleast the ones that I tried ...My sun spots are almost gone and
pores are less visible.. Skin tone has improved, and
this is within a month.. So if I keep using it I'm sure
my skin will be much better in the long run:))

So this is my routine everynight I use neutrogena clear bar soap,use a paper towel to wipe my face, use this night cream every other night, in-between I use olay regenerist night time
resurfacing elixir ...you can't use these too products together... Because 1 has retinal and the other glycolic acid.. And make sure to apply sunscreen in the daytime otherwise u are prone to sunburn don't skip this step!!!!! I use olay regenerist uv moisturizer which is great for my skin it's a bit on the privet side for drugstore but olay always has coupons and rebates, so check that out. I hope my review will help some ppl honesty my skin has improved alot.. And I used to spend more than 100 dollars for a 1-1/2 month supply before.. Now I spend about half that and have better results.. This has taught me never under estimate drugstore products they can be just as effective ...
Also if something stops working for you switch up ur routine , and cone back to that product after 2 weeks;))

rated 4 of 5 on 1/12/2011 7:40:00 PM More reviews by junkfood1991

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is a good retinol product. It had worked well 4 my acne until... it didn't work anymore. Since then I moved onto tretinoin cream which was a miracle cure 4 me. I recommend this product if you got mild acne or your skin is sensitive and if you want to try out retinol product.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/9/2011 7:01:00 PM More reviews by adara260

I bought this product several years ago but didn't use it continuously. I have been using this product for the past few months and I LOVE IT!

I bought this mainly to treat my acne. I had heard that a consequence of using Retinol is reduced acne because it speeds up cell turnover so much. This has really helped my acne since a major cause of my acne is clogged pores. So I started a regimen of salicylic acid alone, it worked well but not well enough. Once I added this cream to the regimen, oh my goodness the results were great!

My skin is greatly exfoliated. I have no blackheads left on my nose. Over the months I have been able to extract those deep, impossible blackheads, sorry for the TMI. The blackheads on my chin have also been dramatically reduced.

My skin is smooth,blackheads are almost completely gone, and I have not had a major cystic breakout in forever. I was so encouraged by this line I also looked into the AHA face lotion.

The creme itself is not too thick or greasy, but I've only used it during the fall/winter months so far. I can easily put makeup over it. It also doesn't have a scent which is a plus!

The container is a metal ointment style tube that you push the product along, similar to how you would a toothpaste tube. This keeps the product highly effective as long as you screw the cap on tightly. Only thing is that once you're towards the bottom the sides crack and open a bit possibly decreasing the efficiency of the product.

Overall definitely give this product a try! I did/do have a little flaking, redness and sensitivity but the results are worth it!
LOVE LOVE LOVE!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/14/2010 9:14:00 PM More reviews by sdonn80

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I have been using this as a night cream for the past 7-8 months and I love it. It doesn't break me out or irritate my skin in any way. It's just moisturizing enough and does not leave my skin greasy when I wake up in the morning. Since using this, in tandem with the Neutrogena Healthy Skin Face Lotion with SPF 15, my skin has greatly improved. Using this retinol and green tea based lotion with the AHA lotion during the day has definitely aided in my constant breakouts. Over time, my post-acne marks have been fading as well.
I would recommend this to anyone looking for a great night cream and who is also acne prone.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/14/2010 11:26:00 AM More reviews by lesdesirables

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have used a full tube of this stuff and overall I am very happy with this purchase. I like that it has retinol and sunscreen. It doesn't make my skin too oily but it provides a good amount of moisture. I have combination/oily skin with some lines forming on my forehead but also bouts of acne, especially during that time. Having used this for some time, I won't call it a miracle product. It won't get rid of deep wrinkles overnight. However, with consistent use, my skin seems to react well to it. I would liken its effectiveness to a Clinique super-defense spf 25, which is three times the cost,

Some aren't crazy about the packaging, but I like it. I feel like I can get every last drop by rolling the metallic tub at the very end.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/11/2010 8:47:00 AM More reviews by Ntuitive1

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I am 52 years old and have tried many more expensive products that claim to do what this does but don't work half as well.This product not only works but is less than half the price of those infomercial brands. After over a year of use,I have noticed significant improvement around the eye area plus a general smoothing effect, which is amazing.I use this product at night with a heavy night moisturizer.I would never use this product alone as I feel I need more moisturizing.I have sensitive skin and so far I have not had any bad side effects.There is no fragrance in this, which is often what irritates sensitive skin,but it does contain retinol, which is one of the only ingredients proven to actually prevent and minimize wrinkles.Why pay more when you can have what the more expensive brands promise you for much less?

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 8/3/2010 5:22:00 PM More reviews by Marianna3939

This does a great job of brightening my skin. I cannot comment on if it reduces wrinkles since I do not have any yet. I had to buy this with the spf(they only had this available). The sunscreen is laughable. It is not strong enough to protect your skin. Overall a good product.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/7/2010 8:30:00 AM More reviews by jackjack828

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Other, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This product makes me wanna smack myself silly for not buying it sooner. When it comes to skin care I'm a snob. I usually only buy HE brand. Because of my super dry, uneven skintone, and large pores I thought HE brands would be better. Boy, was I wrong! The first time I ever used this, my skin was smooth and plumped. I have fine wrinkles under my eyes, crows feet, and laugh lines. After first used my fine lines were barely noticeable. It stinged a lil, but goes away fast. This cream absorbs suuper fast, non oily, and light. I might need something heavier for winter, but for right now, I am in love with this. This is my first retinol too.

Neutrogena, if you ever ds this, I just might kick someone's throat. I love this. Definitely my HG! I'll update after another month.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No