Lancome Tresor

3.4

I adore the impression of this scent, which is feminine but neither too flirty nor too sweet ... just right. The main notes are perfect for me -- peaches, roses, and amber.

Unfortunately, Tresor doesn't always wear well on me. I struggle with it. It's the amber, which often seems a bit too synthetic & plasticky. However, I think it's the amber which make this fragrance so special and unique. Afterall, it's an oriental, not a fruity floral.

Tresor is definitely one to try before you buy ... and I'll keep trying to wear this. One thing I do know -- Tresor is best applied as a mist walk-through because it's much too much to apply to a concentrated area of the body or (gosh forbid) to the decollete. On the surface, it seems it might be a cold weather fragrance, but I think it wears best on me in warmer weather, provided it's lightly applied.

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

This is a really sweet fragrance to me. Almost overpowering in a way. but it does smell good on others when it settles down! It is a floral oriental but it is very sweet to me at first.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

To my nose, this fragrance is very sweet. Not bright sweet like Gucci Flora, but a warm sweet. It is so sweet on me, in fact, that it is overripe. I'm not detecting the individual peach or apricot, nor am I detecting enough of the florals. It is blended together quite thoroughly, but I can't stand the sweetness. It mellows out a little into a slight powdery-creamy version of itself, where I can actually detect that pineapple note. Not bad, but not one I would really wear.

Edit: Although I'm keeping the rating, I've changed my mind about liking this one. It is growing on me, has become less sweet and more interesting.

Edit: I've upped the rating to 4 and am searching for a (preferably) vintage bottle. This works much, much better in the winter.

It was a very generous and kind gift from a very gracious long-time friend but I cannot bear this fragrance. I'm with the people who scrubbed and scrubbed to get it off. Does it ever stick. On me it's heavy, suffocating, and sickly sweet. I tried giving it to my mum who is 78 and it was a no-go for her as well. Still looking for a friend whose chemistry works with this fragrance as it's a very large bottle. I also don't like the appearance. It's too yellow/orange.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I love Tresor! And not only me, it's the one perfume that ALL men I know like without a single exception. It's memorable, unique and gorgeous. Mind you, not for young girls. This is a true lady scent :-)

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I LOVE Tresor! I can easily detect its peach notes. For me, the peach notes are what give this perfume its character, and I always feel sophisticated and feminine when I wear it. It also does NOT smell ...powdery to me - I don't do powdery. As far as it being an 'old lady' fragrance, I don't get that either. It kinda reminds me of peach schnapps with a twist of feminine sophistication. Scent is SO personal - but for me, this one's a timeless classic.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

I love rose scents. Most of the scents I like would be called old lady by my peers. But this is old lady to me. I don't even think it smells like a good old lady either. I wouldn't even recommend this to my worst enemy or her grandmum.

Skin: Normal, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Coarse

This is a very mature fragrance. I will love this fragrance, I will buy old, established fragrances, nothing new and popular again for me!

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

The reformulated Tresor smells beautiful. Most fragrances give me an instant headache. This does not. EDIT: I have since learned that the fragrance I have and love is called "Tresor Sheer" It smells alot like Tresor In Love in my opinion but a bit more subtle.

Notes: vanilla and metallic sandalwood. No hint of the touted peach/apricot or rose. A soft powdery fragrance suitable for a lovely lady in her 70's or 80's +. But definitely elderly.

Popular Fragrances