Mary Kay Velocity Facial Cleanser

3.7

Water TEA-Lauryl Sulfate, Glycerin, Propylene Glycol, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Sodium Methyl Cocoyl Taurate, Dimethicone, Comfrey Extract, Dog Rose Hips Extract, Camellia Oleifera Extract, Coneflower Extract, Willow Bark Extract, Sandalwood Extract, Meadowsweet Extract, Chaparral Extract, Golden Seal Root Extract, Cinnamon Extract, Lauramine Oxide, Triethanolamine, Acrylates/C10-30 Alkyl Acrylate Crosspolymer, Sodium Chloride, PEG-150 Distearate, C12-15 Akyl Benzoate, Diazolidinyl Urea, VelocityTM Fragrance, PPG-26-Buteth-26, Polyethylene, Methylparaben, Disodium EDTA, Butylene Glycol, Propylparaben, DMDM Hydantoin, Phenoxyethanol, PEG-40 Hydrogenated Castor Oil

on 12/22/2008 12:02:00 PM

At first I was skeptical about this cleanser- I don't like to use anything with fragrance on my face. I bought it from a friend who is a consultant because I was out of my Alpha Hydrox cleanser and it wasn't going to be in for about a week. This cleanser removed all traces of my makeup, and left my skin feeling very clean and comfortable. I have continued to use this for a month and my face is clearer than ever! I continue to use my Alpha Hydrox products in conjunction with this cleanser, and my acne is basically cured. I could literally go without makeup if I wanted to!

on 12/21/2008 7:16:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Dark, Not Sure

I used this product for a couple years, as I got it free since my aunt was a consultant. Though it smells nice and goes on pretty easily, it just didn't work. Even though I washed my face every morning and night I would still get a huge zit. Not very often, but often enough to know that I wouldn't continue.

on 11/6/2008 5:13:00 PM

This cleanser keeps my skin really smooth and clear. The scent is amazing and it lathers really well so it only takes a small amount. I usually alternate this cleanser with one thats moisturizing to achieve a good balance. This cleanser has small gritty "thingys" in it so it does a good job at exfoliation.

on 10/14/2008 1:11:00 AM

so i've been a loyal consumer of mary kay skin care products for years!!! i get tons of compliments on my beautiful skin and i swear it's thanks to mary kay. i'm bummed that after many years of use i can no longer use the velocity facial cleanser (i use mary kay's 3 in 1 now). i developed an allergy to vfc so had to switch.

before allergy i used:
vfc + time wise moisturizer

after allergy i use:
3 in 1 + velocity lightweight moisturizer

i feel these combos do pretty much the same, my skin is still oh-so beautiful and i get many compliments :)

on 10/13/2008 11:25:00 PM

I've been using this product religiously for about a year.
I find that it keeps my skin in great shape. It's not drying and smells great. I recently started using a toner, and I'm so impressed at how much makeup Velocity removes. I only use an eye make-up remover. I leave the foundation/blush up to my cleanser to remove. After using my toner, I rarely find any traces of makeup on my cotton ball.
It would be easy to dismiss this cleanser as nothing spectacular. But what is? It does exactly what it is supposed to. How many new and trendy cleansers acutally do all they claim?
This is just a nice, basic cleanser for a decent price.
I hope I never get distracted by the next big marketing campain and stray. I know I'll be back!!

on 8/20/2008 3:54:00 PM

First off, let me say that this is the first facial cleansing product I have actually used up and repurchased. This, along with the coordinating lightweight moisturizer are the two skin care products I use both in the morning and evening everyday. I have fairly normal skin, but am prone to breaking out if I use a poor product. The biggest concern for me was to find a cleanser that was not drying but yet didn't add too much moisture to my face. I felt that Velocity achieved just that and I was overall very pleased. The tiny micro-scrubbers were enough to give me a good cleanse, but were not so overwhelming that they irritated my skin. The scent was refreshing and not to overpowering. I really appreciate the simplicity of the Velocity skin care line. It does the job well, with no gimmick-y products and unneeded frill. I would without a doubt recommend and repurchase!

on 8/1/2008 10:38:00 AM

My aunt bought this for me as gift, and I was so excited because I've always wanted to try the velocity cleanser. But this actually ended up in the shower for me. All the stuff that I don't particularly care for goes in the shower to be used up. This cleanser did not make me break out, and it smelled good. But I just don't think it really did anything special. I LOVE my Shiseido Pureness Face Wash so much better because I get that squeaky clean feeling after using it. So basically after trying this velocity cleanser, my skin tells me that it's just fine, nothing real special, and will not repurchase. I put in the shower and used it up there so as not to waste anything.

on 7/24/2008 5:11:00 PM

Pretty expensive, but worth it. Does a better job preventing black heads then any other cleanser I've used, plus it exfoliates slightly and smells nice, too. Generally keeps skin relatively soft, but especially during the winter months (and for drier skin) the moisturizer is a good follow-up.

I have tried a variety of different Mary Kay cleansers and overall The Velocity cleanser and lightweight moisturizer work well. I have suffered from acne since 4th grade and the three step process works WONDERS! it actualy cleared my skin better than any product made for acne! But this works well too.

I used this on my late 30 year old skin, and it did not dry me out as I suspected it would. I could use it daily and never have a concern except for the lack of ingredients that I probably need for my aging skin.

The smell is refreshing. I love using this in the morning to wake me up.

As another testimonial-my teen daughter would use nothing but this product. I must admit her skin looked much better when she was using this cleanser daily. It did for her what Pro-Activ could not.