October 23, 2014 | 2199 users online

Cleansers - Mary Kay - Velocity Facial Cleanser

rated 5 of 5 on 10/14/2008 1:11:00 AM More reviews by xoxo1598

so i've been a loyal consumer of mary kay skin care products for years!!! i get tons of compliments on my beautiful skin and i swear it's thanks to mary kay. i'm bummed that after many years of use i can no longer use the velocity facial cleanser (i use mary kay's 3 in 1 now). i developed an allergy to vfc so had to switch.

before allergy i used:
vfc + time wise moisturizer

after allergy i use:
3 in 1 + velocity lightweight moisturizer

i feel these combos do pretty much the same, my skin is still oh-so beautiful and i get many compliments :)

rated 5 of 5 on 10/13/2008 11:25:00 PM More reviews by tanyaw168

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I've been using this product religiously for about a year.
I find that it keeps my skin in great shape. It's not drying and smells great. I recently started using a toner, and I'm so impressed at how much makeup Velocity removes. I only use an eye make-up remover. I leave the foundation/blush up to my cleanser to remove. After using my toner, I rarely find any traces of makeup on my cotton ball.
It would be easy to dismiss this cleanser as nothing spectacular. But what is? It does exactly what it is supposed to. How many new and trendy cleansers acutally do all they claim?
This is just a nice, basic cleanser for a decent price.
I hope I never get distracted by the next big marketing campain and stray. I know I'll be back!!

rated 4 of 5 on 8/20/2008 3:54:00 PM More reviews by nicklow14

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

First off, let me say that this is the first facial cleansing product I have actually used up and repurchased. This, along with the coordinating lightweight moisturizer are the two skin care products I use both in the morning and evening everyday. I have fairly normal skin, but am prone to breaking out if I use a poor product. The biggest concern for me was to find a cleanser that was not drying but yet didn't add too much moisture to my face. I felt that Velocity achieved just that and I was overall very pleased. The tiny micro-scrubbers were enough to give me a good cleanse, but were not so overwhelming that they irritated my skin. The scent was refreshing and not to overpowering. I really appreciate the simplicity of the Velocity skin care line. It does the job well, with no gimmick-y products and unneeded frill. I would without a doubt recommend and repurchase!

rated 3 of 5 on 8/1/2008 10:38:00 AM More reviews by ham409

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

My aunt bought this for me as gift, and I was so excited because I've always wanted to try the velocity cleanser. But this actually ended up in the shower for me. All the stuff that I don't particularly care for goes in the shower to be used up. This cleanser did not make me break out, and it smelled good. But I just don't think it really did anything special. I LOVE my Shiseido Pureness Face Wash so much better because I get that squeaky clean feeling after using it. So basically after trying this velocity cleanser, my skin tells me that it's just fine, nothing real special, and will not repurchase. I put in the shower and used it up there so as not to waste anything.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/24/2008 5:11:00 PM More reviews by english_nerd

Pretty expensive, but worth it. Does a better job preventing black heads then any other cleanser I've used, plus it exfoliates slightly and smells nice, too. Generally keeps skin relatively soft, but especially during the winter months (and for drier skin) the moisturizer is a good follow-up.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/21/2008 4:43:00 PM More reviews by courtneytwells2009

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have tried a variety of different Mary Kay cleansers and overall The Velocity cleanser and lightweight moisturizer work well. I have suffered from acne since 4th grade and the three step process works WONDERS! it actualy cleared my skin better than any product made for acne! But this works well too.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/28/2008 2:13:00 AM More reviews by wordsandnumbers

I used this on my late 30 year old skin, and it did not dry me out as I suspected it would. I could use it daily and never have a concern except for the lack of ingredients that I probably need for my aging skin.

The smell is refreshing. I love using this in the morning to wake me up.

As another testimonial-my teen daughter would use nothing but this product. I must admit her skin looked much better when she was using this cleanser daily. It did for her what Pro-Activ could not.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/6/2008 12:22:00 AM More reviews by vampireluv14

Never again! I was looking for a new face wash, and thought i should support my friend and buy some of her mary freakin kay. biggest mistake of my life! my skin is pretty normal and not prone to acne. as i was washing my face with this "cleanser" it began to burn so bad. so i quickly washed it off for about 5 min. i look up in the mirror and my face is so red and is starting to get hives! i was so madd! i put some hydrocortisone cream on it, and it began to calm down. after a few days it was gone. i really dont know what it was but never again will i use any mary kay products.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/1/2008 1:39:00 AM More reviews by tennis700g

I tried this product when I was 15 or 16 and it didn't help my skin at all. I never had bad acne just a pimple once in a while and this did nothing to help with it which is disappointing since this product is marketed to teenagers! I don't think it made my skin worse though so thats always a good thing. The smell is nice thats a plus. This would work best for someone that never has breakouts. Hope this helps!

rated 3 of 5 on 4/26/2008 9:33:00 PM More reviews by yumitschelsea

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

i bet this might have worked for me if i didn't have acne, but i do and it didn't work out at all for me. i love the scent and texture of the cleanser but it did little to help my acne. it made me break out a bit too... i used this with the spot treatment and velocity moisturizer.
though on the plus side, it did make my face a bit smoother.
if you don't have acne then i bet this would be a great product for you.