September 1, 2014 | 1280 users online

Pressed Powders - Clinique - Stay-Matte Sheer Pressed Powder

rated 3 of 5 on 9/14/2011 12:25:00 PM More reviews by Juno77

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

EDIT:
They changed the formula. It has talc now, and they took out the clay. Now it breaks me out a little bit. Not a lot, but it didnt break me out at all before. (...) :S

old:
This is the only powder I've tried that doesnt break me out. It doesnt have talc, and to me thats very important. its just a basic setting powder really. Would very much reccomend to anyone acne-prone. Doesnt do much for controlling oil, but it doesnt make things worse either.

;)

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/7/2011 2:14:00 AM More reviews by anisha12

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

I can't believe all the yo-yo reviews on this product! This is one of the first Clinique products I got my paws on and was extremely satisfied with it! My mom and I have pretty oily skin and the weather is quite humid where we live. I got one first - loved the sturdy compact with mirror, the light green colour helps me spot it easily in my big hand bag!, the powder is so sheer yet gives a slightly more-than-sheer coverage, goes well over liquid or creme foundations, can be used with a kabuki brush or the little sponge provided...my mom bought one for herself within 2 days of me getting mine and it suits her combination skin so well too! I've had no break-outs after using this for the last 5 months so I jus love it! Slightly expensive but it lasts a long tym...i'm still on my first compact! Will repurchase if I don't find anything to match up to this!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/5/2011 8:26:00 PM More reviews by RicheleBarbie

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Its definetley worth the money! totally translucent, blends well. I dont use the sponge, I use a compact brush, but i can store it in the lid, i even like the mirror. This by far the best translucent powder. my makeup looks great all day, doesnt leave a white cast. I cant rave more about this! :)

rated 5 of 5 on 8/30/2011 1:24:00 AM More reviews by vivi123

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is my HG of all make up. This powder has never left my make up bag. I have a very oily T-zone. My mother, boyfriend(s), and friends have all commented on my forehead. I used to swipe the back of my hand over my forehead and look down to see it glistening. It's that bad. I've used this powder for so long that I don't remember how I got a hold of it in the first place. I bought my third compact a few weeks ago and finally decided to review it. Anyways, I use this powder last after I've put on my moisturizer, primer, and foundation. It really is the cherry on top because it makes your skin look so flawless. It covers all the last imperfections & pores that my light foundation has missed and it leaves a nice finish. Even when I don't do my whole make up routine, I at least put a thin layer of this powder on. Just be sure not to over apply. If you catch yourself needing more coverage then apply foundation first. As for keeping the oil at bay, it does it's job like a professional. I've never had a glistening forehead with product. Sometimes I still get self conscious and wipe my forehead, but my hand never comes out oily like it used to. I've gotten less acne on my T-zone since I've used this product. Though, I'm not entirely sure if it is because of the powder or that my skin is growing out of that phase.

If you are prone to oil, then this product is for you. It won't treat it but it sure will hide it well.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/13/2011 3:41:00 AM More reviews by dubaibeilove

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this powder sooo much! This powder is so gentle on skin and it keeps my face looking flawless. When I sweat, my skin even look nicer- like it's glowing! Awesome!

rated 2 of 5 on 8/1/2011 2:19:00 PM More reviews by emmaanne001

All I have to say is that this product doesn't "stay matte." It's a nice powder and all, but within 2-3 hours, my face is definitely no longer matte.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/1/2011 1:00:00 PM More reviews by alle112

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I use this everyday its light and it really makes my face matte.. I have very oily skin and as I guy I don't want to look caky =)

rated 5 of 5 on 6/24/2011 2:06:00 AM More reviews by crossingbridges

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Love it! I use it to set my foundations and they last all day without looking oily. This is great, however, for those days where I'm a little extra oily and need a little blotting action! I can also dab a bit of this over a primer at times where I don't feel like spending any time on makeup and it will just soften the appearance of my skin and cover up those pesky pores. Overall a great, soft mattifying powder. Also love the sponge and compact it comes in!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 5/14/2011 10:36:00 PM More reviews by salhon

Didn't like this at all. Too chalky and powdery looking. Doesn't blend in. Make my skin look flaky.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/2/2011 11:37:00 AM More reviews by LuisaI

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Green

This has to be one of my all-time favourite powders ever. Ladies, if you are unlucky enough (like me :() to have to leave with seriously oily skin, then you know how truly difficult it is to find a product that can keep your oil production mess in place. Take it from me, oily skin is a hormonal imbalance that cannot be cured my miracle pills/ uber expensive products or other things like that. Oily skin is a condition (often hereditary or hormonal) and you have to find the right products that can keep it in check, and not waste your hard earnt money (like me) on hundreds of products claiming they can resolve your oily skin concerns, because they wont. After spending loads of money on hundreds of products that can keep my skin in check, here is the list of products I use everyday: EVENING: 1. MD formulations Oily skin cleanser, 2. Clarins Ultra-Matte rebalancing lotion, I then apply 3. (optional) some Clinique anti blemish gel on any spots. I also apply Piz Buin Summer sensation face self tan every couple of evenings, because my skin tone is very fair (optional). MORNING: 1. MD Formulations cleanser for oily skin and 2. I blend some Clarins Truly Matte foundation with a little Ultra matte rebalancing lotion and apply it with my fingertips to my face and then followed by CLINIQUE STAY-MATTE POWDER in translucent. I normally only need to blot my skin with blotting paper (Neutrogena to the best ones and then Clinique) twice the entire day and re-powder late in the evening. Hope this helps - Best Skin Wishes to you all :)