November 27, 2014 | 1551 users online

Highlighters - Guerlain - Les Meteorites balls powder

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/30/2010 2:48:00 PM More reviews by Hothead

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I love the box as funny looking as many seem to think it is. I adore the scent, as old fashioned as many seem to think it is.

This is the original skin equalizer -- perfection in a small box. It is expensive but so are most of the Guerlain products. This is definitely worth it imo.. or at least a must try as the glow it imparts on the face is so delicate and soft that it de-ages you in an instant.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/30/2010 1:11:00 PM More reviews by lenochka15

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I have been dying to try this product for a long time and finally I got it because I had a gift card to Sephora. I consider it very expensive, but oh my god it's worth it! It smells amazing! I don't agree with those reviewers who said it has an old lady smell. I actually love the smell, but it doesn't last a long time, so even if you hate it it will not be an issue. The effect is very interesting. I got it in mythic and at first I couldn't even see it on my face (my skin is very fair). However, just like a few reviewers said, wait a few hours. Your skin will become so smooth, it gives you a very nice "glowing" look without making your skin shiny or sparkly. I love this product and would definitely buy again. I think the packaging is amazing, it makes me feel good to use it. I think it will last for a long time too! I don't usually use a lot of makeup, just loose powder and blush. Now I apply Meteorites on my face after I apply powder and blush. I highly recommend this product!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/30/2009 4:52:00 PM More reviews by purrsian

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I was attracted by the beautiful packaging, overall presentation and purchased it 2 months ago. I have been using the Chanel highlighters/ skin tone correctors, I have to say that this does not work as well as the Chanel ones, mainly because the powder isn't as refined and even when applied on the skin. Sometimes the powder comes off from the gold and pearly balls are coarser in size than the others and can be noticeable on skin. However, I appreciate the rosy pink colour and use it as a blush on my cheeks, it gives a very natural warm-toned pink glow that is not overwhelming.

Would consider to try the compact version.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/15/2009 11:36:00 PM More reviews by rwashecheck

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

I understand I'm the only one, but I detest this.

Right from the get-go, I object. This is the most inefficient and frivolously packaged item I can imagine. It takes up most of my makeup kit. It looks like a spilling hazard. It's hard to use, because the silly little balls slide around like oiled mice.

If you get past that and actually decide to use the product, you have to deal with the smell. It smells like old ladies at a funeral. Roses, powder, and something sort of like old perfume in a musty fur. So hideous.

If all of that isn't an issue, you're left with the product itself, which doesn't do anything for my skin but leave behind a weird, powdered, made-up look.

I hate this. I'm sorry, Guerlain.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/27/2009 10:30:00 AM More reviews by dliu8456

I bought Mythic01 more than 2 years ago. It works wonders for my Asian skin tone. It really brightens and makes my skin tone more even then any other concealer / foundation / loose powder I've tried... And it gives a very natural look, which is good for every day use. It is on the pricey side I have to admit. However, after 2 years of use, I still had half left until yesterday before I dropped all the peals in my sink. I ran out during lunch time and bought myself another box. This time, in a black glittering box, with more glittering pearls. It does not have a color code, seems to be a special edition for 2009 Xmas? Although I didn't like the previous card board packaging like most of the girls here, I have to say the new packaging is worse -- it's plastic glued onto card board, and makes the product look like counterfeit. I ended up putting all the pearls in my old box.

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 7/25/2009 10:28:00 AM More reviews by mymiddlenameisjane

Like everyone else, I've thought these balls looked pretty interesting for awhile now, but I sort of assumed they were just a gimmick.

Well, they might be slightly gimmicky, but they're also really amazing! I have Mythic, which works really well on my fair skin. I use tinted moisturizer in the morning, and then I swirl my brush over the balls and brush kind of haphazardly over my face. And I can't really explain what they do, but after a few minutes, my face looks poreless and radiant. Like, more poreless and more radiant than any other product has ever rendered it. Plus, any discolorations or blotchiness just disappear. And the effect lasts for six or seven hours usually.

The packing is really pretty, though I wish it weren't cardboard.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 7/15/2009 12:25:00 AM More reviews by LaBoulet

I love my Meteorites in Pink Fresh! I use it as a finishing powder all over my face. As others have said, the effect is not dramatic at first - but wait... Throughout the day, I find my skin has a velvety finish and healthy hue that lasts and lasts. I use it sparingly, as it is a finishing, color-correcting powder that, if applied too heavily, will make you look pink... I have used it over bare skin, over Bare Minerals, over Halo, over both liquid and creme foundations, and the effect is always beautiful. I love the box - everyone seems to hate the cardboard, but I remember luxury powders from years ago always came in round cardboard boxes, so it doesn't seem cheap to me. I don't care for the scent, but, as I use only a light dusting, it fades quickly. It is expensive, but long lasting, and, since I never have to reapply either powder or blush when I wear it, it will pay for itself over time. I am quite fair, and it worked beautifully for me.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/2/2009 11:22:00 PM More reviews by jungleberry

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

I think I'm in love with these little balls. It's so hard to over-do or over-apply these things. I got this in Mythic and now I want it in Blush too. I use the Sephora Complexion brush instead of the more expensive one you're supposed to use. It gives a subtle glow and I even feel like as I get oilier throughout the day the glow just increases. Only thing is if my cheeks are somewhat reddish in the morning using this can make my skin look too red so I try to get my brush on the white, green, and lavender balls only, not the pink ones. Also, I would like it if the packaging was metal and weightier. Try to get it duty-free if you can.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/25/2009 9:08:00 PM More reviews by Ekaterina7

My favorite and absolutly must-have

rated 5 of 5 on 5/7/2009 3:29:00 PM More reviews by ekma2008

Love, love, love it. It is the only powder that does not look cakey on me. Smells divine.