October 22, 2014 | 2089 users online

Highlighters - Guerlain - Les Meteorites balls powder

rated 1 of 5 on 12/15/2009 11:36:00 PM More reviews by rwashecheck

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

I understand I'm the only one, but I detest this.

Right from the get-go, I object. This is the most inefficient and frivolously packaged item I can imagine. It takes up most of my makeup kit. It looks like a spilling hazard. It's hard to use, because the silly little balls slide around like oiled mice.

If you get past that and actually decide to use the product, you have to deal with the smell. It smells like old ladies at a funeral. Roses, powder, and something sort of like old perfume in a musty fur. So hideous.

If all of that isn't an issue, you're left with the product itself, which doesn't do anything for my skin but leave behind a weird, powdered, made-up look.

I hate this. I'm sorry, Guerlain.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/27/2009 10:30:00 AM More reviews by dliu8456

I bought Mythic01 more than 2 years ago. It works wonders for my Asian skin tone. It really brightens and makes my skin tone more even then any other concealer / foundation / loose powder I've tried... And it gives a very natural look, which is good for every day use. It is on the pricey side I have to admit. However, after 2 years of use, I still had half left until yesterday before I dropped all the peals in my sink. I ran out during lunch time and bought myself another box. This time, in a black glittering box, with more glittering pearls. It does not have a color code, seems to be a special edition for 2009 Xmas? Although I didn't like the previous card board packaging like most of the girls here, I have to say the new packaging is worse -- it's plastic glued onto card board, and makes the product look like counterfeit. I ended up putting all the pearls in my old box.

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 7/25/2009 10:28:00 AM More reviews by mymiddlenameisjane

Like everyone else, I've thought these balls looked pretty interesting for awhile now, but I sort of assumed they were just a gimmick.

Well, they might be slightly gimmicky, but they're also really amazing! I have Mythic, which works really well on my fair skin. I use tinted moisturizer in the morning, and then I swirl my brush over the balls and brush kind of haphazardly over my face. And I can't really explain what they do, but after a few minutes, my face looks poreless and radiant. Like, more poreless and more radiant than any other product has ever rendered it. Plus, any discolorations or blotchiness just disappear. And the effect lasts for six or seven hours usually.

The packing is really pretty, though I wish it weren't cardboard.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 7/15/2009 12:25:00 AM More reviews by LaBoulet

I love my Meteorites in Pink Fresh! I use it as a finishing powder all over my face. As others have said, the effect is not dramatic at first - but wait... Throughout the day, I find my skin has a velvety finish and healthy hue that lasts and lasts. I use it sparingly, as it is a finishing, color-correcting powder that, if applied too heavily, will make you look pink... I have used it over bare skin, over Bare Minerals, over Halo, over both liquid and creme foundations, and the effect is always beautiful. I love the box - everyone seems to hate the cardboard, but I remember luxury powders from years ago always came in round cardboard boxes, so it doesn't seem cheap to me. I don't care for the scent, but, as I use only a light dusting, it fades quickly. It is expensive, but long lasting, and, since I never have to reapply either powder or blush when I wear it, it will pay for itself over time. I am quite fair, and it worked beautifully for me.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/2/2009 11:22:00 PM More reviews by jungleberry

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

I think I'm in love with these little balls. It's so hard to over-do or over-apply these things. I got this in Mythic and now I want it in Blush too. I use the Sephora Complexion brush instead of the more expensive one you're supposed to use. It gives a subtle glow and I even feel like as I get oilier throughout the day the glow just increases. Only thing is if my cheeks are somewhat reddish in the morning using this can make my skin look too red so I try to get my brush on the white, green, and lavender balls only, not the pink ones. Also, I would like it if the packaging was metal and weightier. Try to get it duty-free if you can.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/25/2009 9:08:00 PM More reviews by Ekaterina7

My favorite and absolutly must-have

rated 5 of 5 on 5/7/2009 3:29:00 PM More reviews by ekma2008

Love, love, love it. It is the only powder that does not look cakey on me. Smells divine.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/26/2009 7:07:00 AM More reviews by Amandaa

Just one word for this product: PERFECT! I love this powder!!!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/3/2009 1:15:00 PM More reviews by lvpoetess

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I will not be separated from my meteorites! I have mythic, the original shade. I love them so much that I'm on my second box (these things last forever, it took me almost 10 years to use up the first one!) I don't like the newer packaging as much, but I am glad to see they come in more colors now - I would like to try them as well. I use meteorites as a finishing powder over liquid foundation. It evens out my skin a little, and does produce some glow, but it isn't a miracle worker. I like it because it makes a nice finishing powder that isn't "powdery" and because I just love to use to little powder balls (the lovely smell is nice too.) I recommend them to everyone I know (mostly they want them because they are fascinated with the little balls.)

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 2/17/2009 3:30:00 PM More reviews by irinabj

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I just bought it today hoping that it would slightly even out my complexion without being noticeable on the skin and would give me a glow without being shiny and sparkly. I got the Mystic(lightest shade because I'm supper pale) and I LOVE it. This is all that I was looking for; as another reviewer mentioned it's like the same skin but sooo much better. It's very expensive( for my budget) but I couldn't find anything else that would deliver same results.. Now I'm praying that nothing will happen to them(balls) and that it would last for some time. Taking one lippy off because of the price.