July 25, 2014 | 1552 users online

Masks - LUSH - BB Seaweed Face Mask

image 0image 1image 2

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/11/2010 3:51:00 AM More reviews by kassandraamelaniiee

I got this mask after getting the Catastrophe Cosmetic. The first mask i had tried was the Sacred Truth, and i loved how it exfoliated my skin with the enzymes that it had it in, hated the clay base and the chunks of random stuff that it had though, so i got the CC mask. i tried out the BB Seaweed that day when i got the CC and i liked how the bits of almond (or some nut) was sorta exfoliating (if you rub it in when washing it off) and i put this mask up on the list of masks to try.

I HATE, HATE, HATE the bits of seaweed. They are annoying when you put the mask on, annoying when it is on, and annoying when you wash it off. They get in the way of making sure the mask is on evenly, fall off when the mask is drying, and when you wash it off, if your not careful, it clogs the sink. ==" I see no purpose of it being in the mask at all really.. LUSH could've just gotten seaweed extract and mixed it in the mask instead.

Otherwise, i think the mask is nice and refreshing. Its a very gentle exfoliant, which is good for me, since im on a crazy acne product routine, that leaves my skin dry, and flaky, but easily irritated.

I would recommend this mask to anyone. Just.. try to not put the seaweed on when you apply the mask. its a pain.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/7/2010 1:23:00 AM More reviews by avapro

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Bought this a while ago and used it over a course of several months. I liked the smell because it was a pleasant blueberry scent, but I think the clay was drying out my skin as it felt tight after rinsing.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/30/2009 10:22:00 AM More reviews by Elizza123

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is a good product,I must say. Love the creamy-texture and the smell is also normal. This mask leaves my skin so CLEAN and kinda soft. I have tried also A Crash Course In Skin Care, and I must say that BB SEAWEED is better;)

rated 5 of 5 on 11/24/2009 5:20:00 PM More reviews by pappygalore

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Fantastic product. I would never have bought this myself. My sister in law bought me some presents when I was dumped and this was one of them!
I have bought one mask and tried a couple of others, ayesha (was allergic to it) Cupcake (nice, soothing) and a crash course in skin care? (nice, hydrating). Nothing special enough for me to part with the cash.
I find BB Seaweed really soothing and calming. I do need some cream afterwards because my face is a little tight but the reason why I love it is that it really tightens my pores up. I have some scarring and some enlarged pores but the mask almost closes them and dries the excessive oil? Well that's what it feels like. I notice the difference for a good few days afterwards. My skin looks clearer and less spotty.
I have put on twice this week due to the time of the month but would plan to use this weekly. I also wear it for around 20 -30 minutes...
I have frozen this as suggested by another MUA reviewer so will update when I start to use from the freezer..
I know this will not work for everyone but am chuffed it works for my boat race!

rated 4 of 5 on 11/3/2009 6:12:00 AM More reviews by alizarine

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Other

This is my favourite among the masks from the Lush range that I have tried. It left me fresh looking and soothed. I also like the smell, especially compared to other Lush masks... I don't know if it really does that much, but on the other hand, I think not that many masks do in general anyway. Fresh and soothing therefore goes a long way in my book.

My only aversion towards this mask is the hunks of seaweed. I'm sure they could have been granulated instead. They make the application a bit unpleasant. Out with the chunks and this is a 5er!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/13/2009 11:39:00 PM More reviews by blondebohemian

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I love face masks, and this is the first face mask I've tried from there. It's absolutely amazing. I have pretty good skin, however I used this for the first time when it was very cold outside and my skin was a little dry with a few red spots. I left it on for about 15 minutes while I took a bath (with a Lush bath bomb!). The seaweed chunks, and they are a bit gross, did not scratch my face and I had no problems with any pieces falling off. It took a while to wash off, but my face felt amazingly soft and glowed. I will cotinue repurchising and trying other Lush masks!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/29/2009 10:49:00 PM More reviews by anne5020

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

My new HG!!! I love this mask. I use it out of the fridge after a nice long bath or shower. I never have any problem with seaweed pieces falling off while drying or even when dried. After 5 minutes, it looks like I only have pieces of scrub and seaweed left over on my face, the greenish color paste is gone or soaked up? After washing with warm water, it cleaned out all the pores around my nose, evened out my skin tone, and I look completely refreshed. Having this on is also such a treat, it smells great on, and so soothing. I would buy this product over and over again. I'm not sure how many times ur suppose to use a week, but I use it twice a week so it won't go bad before the expiration date. However if I could, I would use this everyday just for the calming feeling it gives me. LOVE IT!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/2/2009 7:18:00 PM More reviews by prncss

I did not experience the same cons as others did. I lather this on my face when I take a bath, with my head tilted backwards, so I didn't experience any fallout from the seaweed. And since I was in a bath, I did not find it difficult to wash it off nor did it clog the drain. So I think it makes a big difference where you are when you put it on.

I bought this mask because I liked the idea that the masks were made fresh and had to be refrigerated, and I liked the natural herbal scent. Other than the cooling effect this had on my face, I wasn't expecting this to do much to my face though. However, I was pleasantly surprised. After rinsing this off, my skin felt tighter, clarified, and moisturized which I do not get from my daily cleansers. It feels like my skin has been pulled back and is more refreshed.

I love the way it feels on my face, and a jar lasts me 4-5 uses so it is quite inexpensive at $7 CAD a jar. After I am done with this, I will probably try their other masks but I selected "yes" to buy again.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 8/16/2009 6:34:00 AM More reviews by Lyrics

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm Hair: Brown, Kinky, Fine Eyes: Brown

I'm not sure what this mask is supposed to do. I also hate the chunks of seaweed - what are they supposed to do to your face??? They'll only fall off!! I think I would have liked the mask better without the seaweed, but I still don't know what this mask is supposed to do, and since it does nothing, I won't be buying again.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/22/2009 1:00:00 AM More reviews by lost25

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This mask had a cooling effect to it which was great for giving my face that refreshed look. It firmed up my face like any other mask. My only complaint is that it smells horrible.