LUSH BB Seaweed Face Mask

Lime Tree Flower and Sweet Violet Leaf Decoction (Tilia europaea and Viola odorata), Kaolin, Honey, Glycerine, Ground Almonds (Prunus dulcis), Toothed Wrack Seaweed (Fucus serratus), Organic Aloe Vera Gel (Aloe barbadensis), Millet Flakes (Panicum miliaceum), Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil (Olea europaea), Bentonite Gel, Fresh Rose Petals (Rosa centifolia), Rose Absolute (Rosa damascena), Patchouli Oil (Pogostemon cablin), Rosemary Oil (Rosmarinus officinalis), Seaweed Absolute (Fucus vesiculosus), Citral, Geraniol, Benzyl Benzoate, Limonene, Linalool, Perfume

on 6/8/2011 4:03:00 PM

Love this masks, cleanses and detoxifies. Leaves skin feeling fresh.

This was average compared to the other fresh face masks. This one was messy to put on as clumps of seaweed kept falling off- so I felt like the product was not staying on my face. After rinsing off I didn't notice any difference in my face texture. This was also a HUGE mess. The seaweed clogged my sink and I had to remove it from the drain by hand as it wrapped around the inner piece and became clogged. I do love the other masks though. I still would encourage a try as I may have gotten a bad batch

on 5/20/2011 9:54:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Cool

as much as i love buying lush products, ive always been kinda skeptical of them as i dont think they meature up to the crazy prices lush charges. however this mask is something different! i have oily skin that is not prone to break outs but prone to glim like a spot light..good times....i dont know what they put into this mask but it makes my skin so so so super soft. i dont think it does much for oil controlling but im sold on how soft and nice it makes my skin! it smells okay and is much easier to put on/take off than cupcake!

I went into lush with the problem of very dry flaky skin on my cheeks. first we tired cosmetic catastrophe, which just dried me out more (I threw it in the freezer and will use it in the summer when my skin is oily again) So I went back the next day and another SA suggested I try BB Seaweed. The first time I tried it it didn't really do much however my makeup artist friend gave me a little brush to scrub off the flakey skin with, then to use this, and WOW what a difference, I've done three rounds and my skin is almost totally smooth again!!

on 3/14/2011 11:55:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I have been using this almost every night for a week now. It calms down the redness in my face (along with using some other lush products eu roma-which in the future I will make myself- baby face-to remove makeup- and aqua marina- a wonderful face cleanser that also calms the redness in my face) and it works wonderfully.

I leave it on for about 20 minutes (after washing first with baby face-discontinued btw) remove with a warm damp washcloth, mist some au roma on my face and finish up with a slight amt. of Celestial Moisturizer. (sometimes I also use the aqua marina after removing the mask.)

Before I used Lush products I had to pile on tons of foundation to hide the redness and the flakiness from the dry skin that went along with it. It was also painful at times. Now, I just love to touch my face! It's so soft and smooth! The redness is about 75% gone and there is no more flakiness. I still use some foundation, but it's not nearly as necessisary as before. I also have more options in foundation as it doesn't *have* to be ultra moisturizing and heavy.

I'm still looking for something to give my face a bit of a glow...this mask doesn't do that, but it takes away redness and adds moisture, so I'm very pleased!

on 3/5/2011 12:41:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm

Smelled great, sounded promising but unfortunately it irritated my face and made it red and made it hurt. :( Too bad.

on 1/5/2011 9:31:00 PM

This face mask is great. Really helped to balance my skin and clear pores--some how the winter weather has made my skin dry in some places and oily in others. Also, I'd been having lots of little white heads appear and they've all but gone away after using this. The mask has lots of nice scrubby bits in it too, so it kind of doubles as a scrub. I also think it would make a nice cleanser, leaves your face nice and soft.

on 1/3/2011 2:45:00 PM

I love love love this mask!...It smells amazing!!!...It leaves my face feeling clean without drying it out too much!...I dont really find the seaweed bits annoying, I just squish them into the mask and they stick on...and when i wash it off, it doubles as a scrub...and i like that!

on 11/30/2010 2:59:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure

I didn't find the seaweed bits too annoying - I didn't have any fall off, and they didn't clog the sink or make it hard for me to apply it or wash it off. They do seem a bit odd and rather unnecessary, though.

The mask worked well - the kaolin was mildly cleansing but it was also a nice moisturising mask that didn't leave my skin with that over-dry feeling that a lot of masks with clay in them do.

My main complaint is that it doesn't come in smaller containers! I'm struggling to finish it before its expiration date, and am using it much more often that I really need to. I feel like at least half of it is going to waste.

It also has an odd smell, but it's not too bad. I would buy this again (although probably try and share it with someone!), but I also want to try other Lush masks that give a deeper cleanse.

on 9/10/2010 7:01:00 PM

This is a nice mask. I have it on right now! I'd say this is one of the more moisturizing Lush masks I've tried so far (haven't tried them all though). After using this my face feels smooth and moisturized. My face doesn't feel as clean as it does with some other Lush masks though. So if you just feel like pampering your skin this is a nice mask, but if you're looking for a deep cleanse then I'd pick another mask.
The consistency is a thick paste with big chunks of seaweed in it. I like how this makes the mask look even fresher, but they can sometimes be a bit annoying. Nothing too bad though, I wouldn't let that stop me from using this.
The smell is a bit odd, but not bad.
Overall this is a nice pampering mask that would be appropriate for all skin types (I have oily skin and I still like it). It is above the average mask that's why it gets 4 lippies. But it's not my favourite mask from Lush. Like I said, if you want to pamper your skin then this is great! If you want to cleanse your skin I'd suggest cosmetic warrior, cupcake, brazened honey or mask of magnaminty. If you want to even out your skintone I'd suggest catastrophe cosmetic (my fav).

Popular Masks