September 22, 2014 | 1899 users online

Bronzers - The Body Shop - Shimmer Waves in Bronze

rated 5 of 5 on 3/7/2008 1:22:00 PM More reviews by underthesun21

i like its color and the glow it gives my face, especially in pictures.. useful as eyeshadow and i use it as a blush too, by using only the two topmost colors.. i like it's simplistic yet sturdy packaging.. i haven't finished my bronze shimmer waves yet, but i'll definitely buy again.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/28/2008 1:38:00 AM More reviews by jacqui0386

Have bought this product twice now - really good and lasts ages - not that I use too much as a little really does go a long way....use it on my eyes when I'm in a rush and just dust it on lightly over my cheeks just to highlight and give a bit of a bronzey glow....Really works and does last....Ofcourse need to reapply when out in town clubbin as humidty doesn't let any makeup last.

Goes perfect with my skin tone and really don't need to use a lot - works well to define the cheek area - just a bit dusty when using round eye area - comes in my eye sometimes - & have to use quite a bit for it to be noticed and comes off quite quickly - so wouldn't recommend it as a eye makeup for special occassions - but as a bronzer for the face it's my favourite atm :)

#UPdATE#: This is the 2nd time the product has crumbled apart but this time all in my purse...was a huge mess. Took off 2 lippies for this. At least with the first one it lasted about six mnths before it broke apart, but this one only lasted for a month and a half...Really poor packaging so I won't be buyin it again, when you spend that amount you would expect it to last until u actually finished the product.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/16/2008 3:09:00 AM More reviews by krsmom

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I was looking for something to liven my pasty winter face without looking like I was wearing a self tanner or bronzer and this is it! A little goes a long way. I was a little heavy haded at first but applied it a little lighter with my MAC 187 brush and voile - winner! Recently been using it as e/s, love, love, love!!!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/30/2008 3:57:00 PM More reviews by almost40

I love this bronzer so much that I have two but I dont think I'll ever finish one!!!! They seem to last forever!
It gives me a nice glow rather than a dark face which looks more natural on me as Im fairly pale.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/22/2007 8:26:00 PM More reviews by silvertips

I have seen this bronzer in the Body Shop before and thought it looked gorgeous in the pan but was put off by how 'shimmery' it looked.
So... after reading the rave reviews on MUA I purchased one as I have the dreaded 'uncooked dough' winter complexion, ugh!
After trying it I am so impressed! It gives just the right amount of colour and glowiness without having that ballroom dancer orange face look and there is no glittter or excessive sparkle.

This will definately be my staple product to give my (pale olivey) skin some life. I also love the coppery shade as an eyeshadow.

I'm definately going to get more Body Shop make-up as they rarely disappoint and I like that it is not tested on animals and they support fair trade.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/22/2007 1:27:00 AM More reviews by crazyfrog13

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

If you're like me and you have a pale complexion and bronzers normally make you look muddy and too-made-up, then this is the product for you. I blend all five shades using a blusher and I apply it to the tops of my cheekbones, temples, chin and the bridge of my nose. It gives me "glowy" look that is soft and appropriate for daytime. I would definitely buy it again.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/12/2007 3:41:00 PM More reviews by gforce7

I'm pleasantly surprised by how much I love this product after trying a number of Bobbi Brown's Shimmer Bricks and really hating them. I thought this would be similar, but no - TBS Shimmer Waves gives me a flattering warm 'glowy' effect, and the appearance of very smooth, almost airbrushed looking skin (yup...wow!) rather than turning me into a glitterball like the aforementioned Bobbi Brown product. I get an especially natural looking effect by applying this with MAC's 187 brush. Will deffinately repurchase!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/29/2007 10:18:00 PM More reviews by seramadis

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This stuff is just so amazing! It really surprised me, especially since I wasn't over my head impressed by their rose shimmer waves, which I found too shimmery and silvery but maybe I just didn't apply them right. Well I applied these bronze shimmer waves with a big blush brush swirling it in circles over all the waves, and then sweeping them on, on cheeks and nose and chin, like they say you should use bronzer. It gives the most incredible effect, a really natural healthy glow with a touch of a tan. It isn't shimmery or glittery at all not to mention disco ballish in the least bit. It actually gives just a natural looking healthy glow, doesn't look like you put anything on at all but is just your natural, healthy colour. If you put on too much and it looks too dark and muddy just wipe over it gently with a tissue and the colour will soften and blend right in to your skin. I'm not really great or skillful with bronzers, I like them but too many of the bronzers out there look unnatural, too dark or dirty on me, but not these amazing shimmer waves. Just a bummer that they've discontinued their shimmer waves to bring in a new kind of waves, I tried out their new bronze waves but it was more gold toned, I'm getting another of these original shimmer waves in bronze as a backup! = EDIT = Well I don't know if they're discontinued or not, SA told me they were discontinuing them to bring in the new shimmer squares, but their website didn't say anything about that.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/19/2007 11:08:00 AM More reviews by BerlinerPooh

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I recently received this in a swap from a lovely MUAr and I have been playing around with it. Am not used to shimmery make-up but I was intrigued! I started with a light sweep over cheek bones just to see. Gave me a nice glow so I tried another layer and then it became a bit muddy! Too much! The very dark brown strip is the cause I think. So, for face will do just one sweep with the lighter tones. I also tried it on as eyeshadow and wow, I did not look like a drag queen! I applied some of the med tone, dark brown tone and a touch of the pearly one on the corners of the eye and brow bone. They went on like silk, no mess at all and very easy to blend. Stayed put the whole day too! I have yellow-toned pale skin and brown eyes, so I think Bronze 01 is probably better for me than the Blush 02 or Peach 03. I don't do silver very well but would love to try them on winter skin!

I don't mind the compact, feels very solid in my hand so I hope it lasts. No mirror though but no big deal!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 7/23/2007 6:22:00 PM More reviews by Sage6o4

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This is uber orange and waaaaaaaaaay too sparkely for me.