October 22, 2014 | 1993 users online

Blush - NARS - Cream Blush in Penny Lane [DISCONTINUED]

This product has been discontinued

rated 5 of 5 on 6/17/2011 3:35:00 AM More reviews by chloesey

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I'm really really fair with auburn hair and this is the perfect blush for me. It gives me a natural looking flush, and it's a very vintage-y color which is in style at the moment. If you are very fair and find that most blushes look clownish on you, you should definitely consider purchasing this.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 6/8/2011 5:11:00 PM More reviews by makeupaddict76

This is my first NARS product I was disappointed with. No matter how much I try to layer this on, it does not show up on my NC42 skin. It does absolutely nothing for my skin. I was going to use it as base for my other blushes but I just forgot about this product.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/15/2011 7:08:00 PM More reviews by kathrynb23

I have an extreme love/hate relationship with this blush! I've never owned any NARS creme blushes before, but have heard fantastic things about them, therefore when I was at the NARS duty free counter, I didn't hold back on stocking their creme blushes.
    Firstly this is an extremely light nudie pink colour, I always thought that this colour was either going to be a hit or miss, and I was thinking more of a miss, because I thought it was a bit too light for people who has NC30 complexion like me.
    Actually, this colour was extremely blendable and natural, It was not as vibrant on my face, under full lighting the colour would not show up on my face, but in natural lighting or normal lighting you can see a subtle hint of it always there.
    I always gets compliments on how fresh my face look, This definitely a great colour for people with fair skin, or a non offencesive blush for daytime. For people who have NC30 Complexion, dont be afraid to buy this, its a workable colour!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/23/2011 1:41:00 AM More reviews by singwritenow

OMG I LOVE Penny Lane! I was smitten with this color the moment I saw it, a gorgeous neutral skin-toned pink rose. This is one of my most favorite new blushes that I've bought lately. I agree with another reviewer that this blush is perfect with smoky eyes or bright pink lipsticks because it is very natural looking and only enhances dramatic eyes or lips. This is the most unique formulation because even though it is a cream blush and imparts a soft and dewy finish, it lasts as long as a powder blush. I am NC20-25, but I think this blush would work well on many skin tones, highly recommend!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/13/2011 5:14:00 PM More reviews by carrasco

This was my first ever cream blush from Nars and it obviously has that special place in my heart :)
    Anyhow onto the review, the color is a soft, muted pink, almost nude color. I see slight shimmer in the pan but see non when applied. I am quite pale in the winter (NC20) and have to apply multiple layers to get the color to my liking. I find this blush doesn't travel and it seems to set to a powdery finish. The downside, it doesn't seem to last very long. If your planning on this blush holding up all day your going to be disappointed. If I use this, I take it and my brush in my purse. I love Nars packaging and usually love the blushes but this one isn't that special. I find it looks exactly like Lilicent from Mac. The only difference is that Lilicent is more dewy looking and sticky. Would I repurchase, if I did not own the Mac one & this then yes.
    Update: After getting some sun the past few weeks I am now using my NW25 concealer, anyway I tried using Penny Lane yesterday to run to the store and I could literally not even see it at all. I ended up putting Mac's Joie-de-vivre over it and leaving the house. I'm thinking if your much darker than NC20 ish, this will be too light.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/2/2011 1:21:00 PM More reviews by ghostlypale

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

For the past too-many years to mention, finding the right blush has been my makeup obsession. Without it, I look sickly, but worse, faded and one-dimensional. With the right one, and at least mascara and concealer, my more subtle charms come into view. Powder blushes used to work fine for me, but it was always hard to get enough nude tone in to make it natural, enough of a satin finish to make it glow, and the right sheerness and the right brush to get the right amount to the right places. A lot of work, though I've found the Chanel JC's and MAC 187 to be the best bet overall.

Now my skin is dryer, and powders show up powdery tout suite. Bronzers look deadly and pink posy flushes look a bit demented. I've tried a lot of cream blushes, too, naturally, in stick, pot, pan, tube form, plus stains and gels. Cut to the chase, I am finding this cream blush to be UNBELIEVABLY GREAT! It is unlike any other one I've ever used, both in the way it goes on and the way it looks. I can get this stuff to do whatever I want--I have total control! Usually, you have to work these blushes in, and that reddens your skin, so you don't know what is blush or what is you. Or it is too greasy and slides around. With Penny Lane, I just pat the pads of my second and third fingers in it, without even looking, and kind of swoop it where I think my cheekbones might be (or wish they were). Voila! Perfect. And the color--I can't even describe how pretty this is, I really can't. I'm sure another reviewer has done that perfectly. Penny Lane is such a spectacular cream blush (especially for the fair w/o oily skin) that it creates a new problem--I don't think you can stockpile a cream like this--what if they stop making it, or change it?

11 out of 11 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 3/27/2011 7:32:00 PM More reviews by minimalistfashionista

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

HG blush! If you're pale, this blush is a must-have. It's understated, sophisticated, elegant, and polished. Totally buildable, but always natural looking. It's a peachy-pink with strong nude undertones. I'm usually the palest foundation color available (in lines with a lot of color options, some lines don't carry a pale enough option) for the majority of the year, but can go up one shade during summer- this blush works year round and I've seen it function beautifully on light-medium skin tones as well. For day wear, I look naturally flushed with just a dab. For evening, I can define and add a pop with a little layering. The more on, the more one can notice a SLIGHT sheen finish on this mostly matte cream to powder formula. Also, the blendability is INSANE. Straight amazing, really. I use my [freshly cleaned] fingers and make a couple circles in the compact to warm it up and apply. Too lovely. This blush functions with so many looks and looks amazing by itself with just concealer and mascara. I have a hard time using anything else- it's just so posh. Lasts forever too. :)

rated 4 of 5 on 3/21/2011 8:12:00 PM More reviews by fevers

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

After all the hype around this, I finally gave in and bought it because I had an ASOS voucher.

I'm glad I didn't spend the full amount of 20.50 on it because while I like the colour, I don't think I can justify spending that much on something which I've decided isn't a
    must-have, now that I've tried it.

Don't be fooled by how pale it looks in the pan! On skin it's a lot darker (but still quite nude-looking, in a good way). There's the slightest hint of sheen/pearl.

At first, I had difficulty applying it because it turned to powder SO FAST! I know it gets described as cream to powder but seriously! It's powder once it leaves the pan! This made me panic and I would rub my fingertips intensely onto my cheeks which would make them flush and go more pink due to blood coming to the surface where I'd rubbed too hard, which in turn made me panic that I'd put too much on. If this happens to you, DON'T PANIC! Just wait a few seconds until your skin calms again. Penny Lane is subtle, you won't overdo it on the first go!

In fact, I'm always surprised at the outcome after I leave it on my face for a bit - I always think it's gone madly wrong but in the end the finish is natural and glowy. It's so hard to mess up!

Don't even bother trying to use a brush with this. Nothing will pick it up. I've read that some people use stipling brushes for it but mine won't pick any blush up (how do they do it?) so I just use fingers.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/14/2011 11:37:00 PM More reviews by soylocita

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have had this for quite awhile now and love it because of the color and ease of application. I am fair, with warm undertones, like natural-looking make-up, and this blush works great for me. It is super-easy to apply and great for travel. Because of this blush, I am not going back to powder ones anytime soon.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/13/2011 12:10:00 PM More reviews by ankhgrl49

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I'm glad I listened to the reviews. After trying several NARS powder blushes (Desire, Sex Appeal, Torrid, Luster) I broke down and shelled out the money to try this lovely. At almost 30 bucks it is expensive, but it is absolutely gorgeous. I wanted to try out NARS cream blushes and decided that this one looked the least intimidating and would also be my best bet for a good every day look (I am NW15 or so). It looks lovely, a nudish pink with a bit of peach in it and when I apply it I notice that it also has this lovely glow to it that makes me not even want to use a highlighter afterwards. Application is a dream, so far I have only used my fingers, but I'm going to see how it does with my stippling brush, too. It is impossible to overapply as the color is so gentle and natural looking. It is so easy to just tap a bit on for a quick pick-me-up. At the same time I don't know how this would look on dark skin, I would imagine it wouldn't show up very well. Staying power is fantastic (I do set with powder, MUFE HD) and the color does not fade. I also don't need much to achieve the look I want, so I would imagine this will last me a very long time. Also great for a low key polished look or if you want a stronger eye or lip, it won't compete. I would buy again and am now excited to try Cactus Flower next this summer when I want something brighter. Good stuff!