Alba Botanica Sugar Cane Body Polish

4.4

Not tested on animals

Certified organic helianthus annuus (sunflower) oil, certified organic saccharum officinarum (sugar cane) juice, silica, aleurites moluccana (kukui nut) and macadamia ternifolia oils, honey, tocopherol (vitamin E), and botanical fragrance.

on 4/3/2005 8:32:00 PM

This scrub is lovely! It smells so delicious, like sugar! It is very thick, when I first scooped it out of the tub I found that it balled up in my hand. I was able to spread it around my damp body easily, but if you were applying it dry I could see it being difficult.

It does take a little while to rinse away, but once it does I don't feel like there is any residue. I use it early on in my shower, and it's rinsed away by the time I'm done.

The price isn't bad, I bought it on sale for $10, and I had seen it marked down before. I think it might be about $14 usually.

I'm not a big fan of tubs, because you have to be careful not to contaminate the product, but this is so nice I can deal with it. :) continued >>

on 4/2/2005 2:37:00 AM

I love it!!! This scrub smells wonderful and I love the gel-like consistency. It is not very abrasive. I would almost prefer a little more "scrub" to it, but it's still good the way it is.

on 3/10/2005 2:37:00 AM

I am a huge fan of the entire Alba range. It feels good to support a company that strives to use organic ingredients where possible. The scrub is mild, not too greasy, though still moisturizing. It smells like their Kukui line, which is to say, absolutley wonderful. It is a warm, nutty scent. At $11, this is an excellent all around scrub for a great price.

on 3/10/2005 2:12:00 AM

I'm actually not terribly fond of the scent, but it works well as a gentle but effective shower scrub. I accidentally dropped my first jar in the shower, it it all went ka-splat. I didn't think that plastic would crack like that! Fortunately I had an extra on hand. It also leaves some residue in the tub, but my roommates can deal with that. :)

on 3/10/2005 12:24:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I hate to cast the first nay vote for this, but I found that it left a lot of residue on my skin. It just didn't rinse off. The scrub itself I also thought wasn't grainy enough. To each her own, I guess, but this is a no go for me.

on 2/26/2005 8:58:00 AM

I bought this as a result of the reviews on MUA. Again I was not disappointed. I feel my 47 year old skin is really soft after using this. Love the scent and not hard to use at all.

on 2/6/2005 7:03:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

LOVE this product so much more than salt scrubs. I use it weekly and I wish I could use it everyday and I love it.I use it with my loofah.My H keeps using it too!

on 2/3/2005 11:28:00 PM

Wow. I am shocked that I found this product and I actually like it. It was really cheap. Like 8 bucks. Generous size tub, all natural ingredients. Sugar granules buff the skin and then dissolve in to moisturize. Does not leave an icky film either. I hate filmy stuff like shaving cream. I kinda hate lotion too, because I can't stand greasiness. Buy it, worth every buck.

on 1/26/2005 12:47:00 AM

Love, love, love this product. Got it for a dollar with a coupon from Pure Beauty. Smells like delicious, vanilla, caramel, sugar, candy, and contains large sugar granuals in a all natural oil base. The jar seems big but only lasted my probabably 10 times, and I used it moderately. Hm, it scrubs well, but not as well as St.Tropez's body scrub, which as much finer granuals. If you can get it at a good deal, try it. i would buy again for the smell and the fact that no chemical preservatives are used. Leaves my skin moisturized because of the oils.

This product is awesome! It reminds me a lot of my favorite body scrub, Too Faced's Brown Sugar and Strawberry scrub from their Celebrity Spa line. Alba's has that yummy Creme Brulee fragrance like Too Faced's does without all that unnecessary oil goop that they like to add to sugar scrubs. This stuff is affordable and fabulous - try this before you spend more money on higher-end scrubs!