Burt's Bees Lip Shimmers - Rhubarb

Not tested on animals
Burt's Bees is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

on 11/23/2009 1:36:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium

I purchased this on a whim the weekend before last and I LOVE it!

I was not expecting so much color! These are really pigmented and for the price, you can't go wrong. They may not be as moisturizing as I would like, but I do have very dry lips to begin with. I apply this for the color and the fact that, while they don't necessarily help moisturizer my lips, they definitely do NOT dry them out like a lipstick might. The shimmer may be a bit much, but it is called a "lip shimmer" so there's fair warning. Very good product, will repurchase.

on 11/22/2009 11:01:00 PM

This is a really nice moisturizing lip balm. Love the colour, its very pretty water melon pink!! It tingles a bit, but I like it esp in the summer a very cooling effect!!
Its just a bit small compared to other balms.

on 11/18/2009 6:12:00 PM

I wanted a lipstain/stick that was moisturizing on my super dry chapped lips but still gave a little colour.
I was very disappointed with this product because it seemed at first to be just what I was looking for... until I discovered that I had a half dozen blackheads on my upper lip. I thought that this felt a little greasy and like oil on my lips so I'm not surpised that is broke me out. I did not like the taste or smell.
Sorry Burt's bees... I'm not an addict!

on 11/6/2009 4:46:00 AM

I didn't like this shade - it is too pinky, mauve for my yellow, orange skin tone. I wear this one around the house when I am out of Fig, Caramel or Toffee.

on 11/5/2009 2:40:00 AM

For those who don't like the drying, cakey effect of lipstick, this is your choice! The shade is a beautiful rose/mauve color that goes perfect for that natural-bitten-lips look with added shimmer. This lip shimmer creates a slight shine, and if you put enough on, has the same color effect as lipstick. You can sweep on a couple or one layer for a very natural, flushed look. This amazing product glides on smoothly on my lips and leaves a minty fresh moisturizing sensation. What I only dislike is the poor packaging. The screw down mechanism doesn't work which is a big hassle.

Hair: Blond, Other, Medium

Beautiful dark rosy shade with minimal shimmer which I love. Warms up my fair skin and its a great MLBB shade. I will most definitely repurchase.

on 10/20/2009 7:49:00 PM

I love the way this looks and feels on my lips. It is a perfect rosey natural tone on my lips. I love the pepperminty feel and smell of it. I have used many different kinds of high end lipstick and gloss brands but i have to say this is one of my favorites. A little of this goes a long way, the color can be intensifyed. It is never gloopy or sticky. Looks matte to semi shiny. Perfect for eveyday or a night out. Im in love with this product.

on 10/3/2009 10:48:00 PM

I'm in love with this; it's one of my staple makeup products. I love the original minty burt's bee's smell/ flavour. and i love the tiny tube, it is so easy to take anywhere.
this is sooo unbelievably natural looking. i don't swipe it across my lips like a regular lip balm or lip glos....i sort of tap it on. my lips look and feel so natural, plump and pretty.
love.

on 8/8/2009 4:51:00 AM

I am in love with this! I use it almost everyday solo or under a lipgloss. The shimmers have the normal Burt's Bees minty smell and taste which I love!

The color is the most flattering natural looking red for me, if applied with a light hand. It is almost the exact color of my lips when I press them togehter for a moment. Perfect! It is a neutral/cool colour, so stay away when you are warm-toned. Otherwise go buy it, it is so pretty!

I also love how nourishing it is and how I can build up and deepen the color by applying a second layer. I don't even need a mirror to make it look good and even.

on 5/5/2009 2:53:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I love the Burt's Bees lip shimmers and USED to love rhubarb, but they (Burt's Bees) recently changed the formula/ color. It is not the same anymore. It is MUCH chalkier and bluer ... leaves your lips looking the color of death now! used to be a great neutral natural deep pink/ rose tone. Now it is like a bluish - chalky rose. Warning to those who haven't repurchased in a while. It's not the same (I still liked it last year. This year the formula is different. gross!) ...

Top Rated Burt's Bees Products