Clinique Repairwear- Intensive Eye Cream

3.1

INGREDIENTS: water\aqua\eau [] squalane [] peg-8 [] ethylhexyl palmitate [] caprylic/capric/myristic/stearic triglyceride [] butylene glycol [] dimethicone [] glycerin [] methyl gluceth-20 [] peg-100 stearate [] cetyl alcohol [] pentylene glycol [] glyceryl stearate [] jojoba esters [] camellia sinensis (white tea) leaf water [] aspalathus linearis (red tea) leaf extract [] camellia sinensis (yellow tea) leaf water [] polygonum cuspidatum root extract [] sea whip extract [] triticum vulgare (wheat) germ extract [] hordeum vulgare (barley) extract\extrait d'orge [] artemia extract [] coffea robusta seed extract [] rosmarinus officinalis (rosemary) extract [] saccharomyces lysate extract [] betula alba (birch) bark extract [] silybum marianum (lady's thistle) extract [] yeast extract\faex\extrait de levure [] persea gratissima (avocado) sterols [] acetyl glucosamine [] phospholipids [] sodium rna [] palmitoyl oligopeptide [] cholesterol [] hesperidin methyl chalcone [] caffeine [] dipeptide-2 [] phytosphingosine [] sodium dna [] sodium hyaluronate [] palmitoyl tetrapeptide-3 [] ascorbyl tocopheryl maleate [] nordihydroguaiaretic acid [] glycosaminoglycans [] tocopheryl acetate [] linoleic acid [] trehalose [] sucrose [] linolenic acid [] micrococcus lysate [] polydodecanamideaminium triazadiphenylethenesulfonate [] polysilicone-11 [] hydrogenated lecithin [] astrocaryum murumuru butter [] caprylic/capric triglyceride [] propylene glycol dicaprate [] ethylhexyl stearate [] polymethylsilsesquioxane [] glyceryl polymethacrylate [] hydrogenated polyisobutene [] polyethylene [] hydrogenated vegetable oil [] polyvinylalcohol crosspolymer [] potassium sulfate [] steareth-20 [] lecithin [] carbomer [] tromethamine [] disodium edta [] sodium dehydroacetate [] phenoxyethanol [] methylparaben [] propylparaben [] titanium dioxide (ci 77891)

on 7/28/2009 7:10:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium

I got this from grandmother, who probably picked it up as a GWP, as it's a sample size. I really don't know if it's improved my eye areas, considering that I'm 24 and don't have a lot of visible aging or damage to my lids or under eye regions. What it does is assure me that I'm using something that only serves to help the skin around my eyes recover from any damage they may sustain, and considering how often I rub, scratch, or don't remove eye make up in a timely fashion, this brings me peace of mind. It's very gentle, and has a smooth texture that makes it fun to apply. The scent is really nice as well. The fact that Clinique does not have a published list for this product concerns me, and I even just finished a Live Chat with an online consultant who only listed a few (soy and RNA). I'm looking for something that not only helps my eyes repair themselves, but something that help improve the general appearance. Collagen and Q10 are critical in preserving the delicate eye areas, and by the consultant's own admission, the product does not contain Q10. She said that it only gives your eyes energy to repair itself, and to increase collagen production, without actually providing any collagen on its own, or so I've assumed. If it did contain collagen, she would have come out and said that since I specifically asked about it. All in all, it's a nice starter cream for someone in their mid-twenties and has money to blow on an eye treatment (nearly $40 for a half ounce!), but, I think there are better products out there that cost less.

on 7/14/2009 4:23:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

There are so many ups and downs with Clinique that I didn't have very high hopes for this eye cream, but I was surprised: it's easy to wear, doesn't sting or provoke reactions, isn't greasy or shiny, and keeps moisture in the skin.

As far as the anti-wrinkle claims, I think it's OK: nothing earth-shattering, but it keeps my temperamental, reactive eye area calm and smooth. That's a lot right there.

It's hard for me to tell whether anti-wrinkle creams actually work, because I've always taken good care of myself, and I don't have a twin sister who goes to tanning salons, smokes, lives on junk food and rides a Harley without a helmet :) but I do like this cream and its companion products, the day cream and the night cream, both equally easy to wear.

on 6/1/2009 11:34:00 AM

NO ~ Not seeing anything different while using this.

on 5/25/2009 7:55:00 AM

I've been using this for a year now. Initially, feeling the tingling sensation on my eyes made me feel like this would be something worthwhile. I used this day and night and I still don't see any improvements. At most, it moisturizes my eyes and sits pretty well. It does not really help as a make-up base nor does it reduce what little fine lines and darkness I have. I'm almost done using this and I'm not stoked about getting a new one.

on 5/11/2009 2:44:00 PM

I used this product everyday 2 times a day, and mine is almost finished. Soo.. after trying a jar of this, I can say that I like the creamy and soft texture,It absorbs well with no residue but I can feel the moisture even after several hours. It also lightens up a bit the dark circles area (though fortunately mine is not really severe). What I was hoping when I tried this was to soften the little lines that I have under my eyes, but I see no change in that, Nevertheless it's great as a base, and It really helps to moisturise and erase smudges from eyeliner (a tip from an estee's make up artist: use a bit of eye cream to get rid the smudges of eyeliner up so your eyes stay hydrated and u get rid of the unwanted smudge)

anyways I am still in search of the best eye cream and hope to find it :)

on 4/16/2009 11:54:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other

I got this free, as a part of a Clinique gift with purchase. I would have never bought it on my own, and I've never really tried an eye cream before. I've been using this for a couple weeks now, and I think it's a good product, though I have no real comparison for eye creams. I like it and it seems to work well for my dry lids, and undereye area, I just don't think I can justify the hefty price tag, for something used to moisturize such a small area, if it isn't an absolute must have.

on 4/8/2009 3:48:00 PM

This is one of the most expensive eyecreams Clinique makes. It's $38.50 for a 0.5 oz jar. You do use very little each time so it should last about 4-6 months with daily usage. It has a LONG list of ingredients but most of them are plant and fruit extracts. Phew!! It is not very moisturizing if your eye area is super dry. It feels soooo creamy and soft like BUTTER when you apply it. And it sinks in very quick. There's no sticky residue... i think i would like some stinky residue because it makes me feel like the eyecream is moisturizing. I'm 25 so i have no wrinkles, so i don't know how well this is working. I'm only using this as a preventative measure. It feels comfortable on my skin so i may repurchase once i run out of it.

on 1/30/2009 3:09:00 PM

I'm starting to get to the stage in my life where I need to worry about eye creams, so I'm still learning what works and what doesn't. But I got this as a GWP and thought I'd give it a go. I have the slightest of fine lines, slightly dark circles, but my main concern is creping (way too many years of carelessly pulling at your eye area will do that). Well, that and not looking like a zombie from being chronically sleep deprived thanks to having a baby in the house... After a few days, I noticed that the dark circles were almost gone, and overall I looked more rested. Not much change in the creping, but I wasn't expecting miracles. But lo and behold, I'm starting to break out in my eye area! I'm so disappointed. Is there an eye cream that doesn't break out acne-prone skin? I don't know yet, but this certainly isn't it.

on 1/30/2009 1:04:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

Pros: This eye cream is very easy to apply, has a wonderful light creamy texture, absorbs very well, and makes my skin feel soft but not greasy. It is easy to apply my eyeshadow and liner over this. I have not had any problems with irritation and I have very sensitive eyes. I like this better than All About Eyes, it seems to be more hydrating.
Cons: It is ridiculously overpriced - like all Clinique eye creams, only even more so. And it comes in a little jar, not a tube, so it's not as hygenic as I would like.
I got this as GWP and don't know if I will actually buy it, mainly because of the price. But I would go out of my way to get it as GWP again.

on 1/27/2009 10:16:00 AM

it works. i got this as a free gift along with my purchase. iv used clinque for years and i love it. i didnt see it work at first but slowly i noticed a difference. only thing is you gotta keep up with it every day.