LUSH Sea Vegetable Soap

3.4

on 5/28/2007 10:26:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Dark, Not Sure

One of my favourite Lush soaps! This sky-blue translucent bar is topped with dried seaweed and smells exactly like a salty sea breeze to me. Has a distinct citrus scent which makes this wonderfully refreshing. Lathers nicely, rinses off with no film and leaves skin lightly scented. As with all my Lush soaps, I store place this on a soapdish with drainer holes in a well-ventilated area after each use to help it dry out - it helps to prolong the usage somewhat.

Ingredients: Propylene Glycol, Water (Aqua), Sodium Palm Kernelate, Atlantic Sea Salt Crystals (Sodium chloride), Sodium Stearate, Sodium Lauryl Sulfate, Arame Seaweed (Eisenia arborea), Glycerine, Lime Oil (Citrus aurantifolia), Lavender Oil (Lavendula hybrida), Seaweed Absolute (Fucus vesiculosus), Sodium Chloride, EDTA, Tetrasodium Editronate, *Citral, *Geraniol, *Limonene, *Linalool, Perfume, Colour 42045.

continued >>

on 5/17/2007 11:55:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Fine

This soap was not all that. It smelled like the ocean....i guessss??? Not much of a scent at all. It smelled like...soap. I liked the color that's about it. Not moisturizing at all...kinda dried me out. Didn't lather well neither. Don't love it..don't hate it .. will never buy it again =(

on 4/15/2007 12:35:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

LUSH's "Sea Vegetable" is a sweet, tangy seaweed soap that smells less like the sea itself and more like a zesty fruit salad we'd possibly eat while sitting at the beach. A very sweet and complex scent, with a tangy citrus overtone and a sweet lavender-melissa undertone. "Sea Vegetable" lathers well and scrubs slightly with dried seaweed bits, and contains sea salt which in itself is a great cleanser. This is a very beautiful soap and a fun product to use in the shower.

Of all the Lush soaps, this one I didn't like at all - after a few uses the lemony tangy/zesty smell evaporated and the scent I was left with was more like something nasty and slimy which had crawled out of the sea and died.... needless to say, it went in the bin after that...... perhaps I got a bad batch, but even before it went slimy I hadn't been impressed - I didn't find the salt invogorated my skin at all, which was disappointing because their sea salt facial scrub works a treat for me....

on 11/7/2006 3:02:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

This soap is the prettiest color ever! I love it. It is not mouisturizing or anything like that, but it lathers well and makes me feel refreshed, and clean. I am personally not one for overly moisturizing soaps, but if you are, you might you want to try the boddy butter soaps. I am sticking to this one though because i love it, although i am going to try Honey I washed the Kids.

on 6/28/2006 6:39:00 PM

I really love this soap and am shocked by some of the negative reviews. No it isn't terribly moisturizing, but it's basically a glycerine soap, so you wouldn't expect it to be. It is however, very refreshing and lovely, without smelling perfumey or fake like many other brands. Will continue to repurchase.

on 4/25/2006 11:17:00 PM

Okay, this soap has freaking sea salt and lime oil in it. Its not for those who are going to whinge about drying properties, as salt is a natural disinfectant, and is quite drying to a majority of skins. I however, find it WONDERFUL! This is a quirky, interesting and funky, weird looking, out there soap! Its not for scent or moisturising, its for an outdoorsy feel, and a bit of a beachy quirk theme. I like the feel of scrubbing up with seasalt soaps and scrubs on a hot day, and I personally am NOT fussed with lather, as it isn't necessary for cleanliness. This lathers nicely, and isn't too foamy, nor is it too drying for me. I LOVE this soap for its quirkiness, bits of seaweed and seasalt feel. Its odd, I know, and the salt isn't CHUNKY or anything; thats because its a soap. If you want loads of Salt, use Ocean Salt as a scrub. This stuff has salt melted INTO it.

I LOVE this soap ---- I think it smells so good although it *could* stand to be a tad stronger scent wise. It has a great oceanic-fresh scent ; the lather is a little lacking, but for me the great scent makes up for that. This would be a 5-lippie soap if it wasn't so expensive....

on 12/3/2005 1:53:00 AM

This is not as lathery or as creamy as other Lush soaps I have used, but don't let that put you off. After you get out of the shower, you feel really refreshed and clean and I love the zingy smell of this. There is some sea salt in it for mild exfoliation, which is nice when you want something slightly scrubby. If you like aquaticy type smells to wake you up in the morning, then check this out.

on 10/8/2005 3:42:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Fine

I hated this one!!!!! I think I only ended up using this twice. Horrible! Hardly lathered, left my skin dry and didn't even smell nice. I threw it away!

Popular Gels/Soaps