August 22, 2014 | 1921 users online

Gels/Soaps - LUSH - Sea Vegetable Soap

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/15/2007 12:35:00 PM More reviews by lirontocker

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Blue

LUSH's "Sea Vegetable" is a sweet, tangy seaweed soap that smells less like the sea itself and more like a zesty fruit salad we'd possibly eat while sitting at the beach. A very sweet and complex scent, with a tangy citrus overtone and a sweet lavender-melissa undertone. "Sea Vegetable" lathers well and scrubs slightly with dried seaweed bits, and contains sea salt which in itself is a great cleanser. This is a very beautiful soap and a fun product to use in the shower.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 11/7/2006 12:48:00 PM More reviews by cyber_showgirl

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Of all the Lush soaps, this one I didn't like at all - after a few uses the lemony tangy/zesty smell evaporated and the scent I was left with was more like something nasty and slimy which had crawled out of the sea and died.... needless to say, it went in the bin after that...... perhaps I got a bad batch, but even before it went slimy I hadn't been impressed - I didn't find the salt invogorated my skin at all, which was disappointing because their sea salt facial scrub works a treat for me....

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/7/2006 3:02:00 AM More reviews by teddyblue

This soap is the prettiest color ever! I love it. It is not mouisturizing or anything like that, but it lathers well and makes me feel refreshed, and clean. I am personally not one for overly moisturizing soaps, but if you are, you might you want to try the boddy butter soaps. I am sticking to this one though because i love it, although i am going to try Honey I washed the Kids.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/28/2006 6:39:00 PM More reviews by persephone76

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I really love this soap and am shocked by some of the negative reviews. No it isn't terribly moisturizing, but it's basically a glycerine soap, so you wouldn't expect it to be. It is however, very refreshing and lovely, without smelling perfumey or fake like many other brands. Will continue to repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/25/2006 11:17:00 PM More reviews by LadyInsane

Okay, this soap has freaking sea salt and lime oil in it. Its not for those who are going to whinge about drying properties, as salt is a natural disinfectant, and is quite drying to a majority of skins. I however, find it WONDERFUL! This is a quirky, interesting and funky, weird looking, out there soap! Its not for scent or moisturising, its for an outdoorsy feel, and a bit of a beachy quirk theme. I like the feel of scrubbing up with seasalt soaps and scrubs on a hot day, and I personally am NOT fussed with lather, as it isn't necessary for cleanliness. This lathers nicely, and isn't too foamy, nor is it too drying for me. I LOVE this soap for its quirkiness, bits of seaweed and seasalt feel. Its odd, I know, and the salt isn't CHUNKY or anything; thats because its a soap. If you want loads of Salt, use Ocean Salt as a scrub. This stuff has salt melted INTO it.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/4/2006 9:46:00 PM More reviews by MakeupMamaofTwo

I LOVE this soap ---- I think it smells so good although it *could* stand to be a tad stronger scent wise. It has a great oceanic-fresh scent ; the lather is a little lacking, but for me the great scent makes up for that. This would be a 5-lippie soap if it wasn't so expensive....

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/3/2005 1:53:00 AM More reviews by Scarlettfish

This is not as lathery or as creamy as other Lush soaps I have used, but don't let that put you off. After you get out of the shower, you feel really refreshed and clean and I love the zingy smell of this. There is some sea salt in it for mild exfoliation, which is nice when you want something slightly scrubby. If you like aquaticy type smells to wake you up in the morning, then check this out.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 10/8/2005 3:42:00 PM More reviews by Lyrics

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm Hair: Brown, Kinky, Fine Eyes: Brown

I hated this one!!!!! I think I only ended up using this twice. Horrible! Hardly lathered, left my skin dry and didn't even smell nice. I threw it away!

rated 3 of 5 on 10/2/2005 11:13:00 PM More reviews by smartypants21

This is an average soap. I originally bought it with the intention of using it on my body but after the first time using it, my skin felt horribly dry. So now it's for washing hands only. I love the color and how it has seaweed and salt to scrub your skin with, and the smell is refreshing and somehow beachy even though it's just lavender and lime. For a hand soap it's decent, but I think I'll try more Lush soaps before I settle back again on this.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/30/2005 5:43:00 PM More reviews by Sovain

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I have to say with all the soaps out there, one can do better. The best things about it: All Lush soaps are so much fun and different, this one makes a terrific lather, it have a really nice but not overwhelming scent and leaves you feeling fresh. Now for the not so good things: it has a drying effect on the skin, it is expensive for soap, once the layer of salt is gone there is no exfoliating at all. So buy it for fun but don't expect miracles!