Shiseido Facial Cotton

4.8

on 9/10/2012 10:19:00 AM

Never in a million years would I have consider forking over $10 for cotton pads, but the MUA bug has laid it's eggs in my brain and causes me to do crazy things...

So, anyway, I really do enjoy these. I was previously using the generic $3 cotton rounds or squares at Walmart/Target and hated how they fell apart after using them to take my polish off, apply toner or remove my eye makeup.

The Shiseido cotton pads do not fall apart - ever. They are so thick and luxurious that they feel like little mini pillows caressing your face. They're larger than any other cotton pad I've used, so I feel like I only need to use one instead of multiples like with the other cheapy ones.

I'm forever a believer and will continue to repurchase!

on 6/12/2012 8:13:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

I used this some 40 years ago and now back using it. A bit pricey, but I find it far superior than the drug store's cotton balls or pads. My favourite is to use this with eye make up remover to clean the entire face. Definitely no shredding, no frailing.

on 6/12/2012 6:51:00 PM

Really do not understand why this product has such a high ratinggg....I've used it many times during different course of my life hoping i can see the miracle, but it just simply not for me. It only works well if i put alot and alot of liquid stuffs on it so that it will stay the way it is which means i need to use a lot of extra in order to use this....I tried it as eye makeup remover pad, toner pad, nails polish removal pads....all leaves traces of cottons over everywhere....The spider web liked shreds get in between my lashes, my cuticles and my faceeee....!! it's just makes me so maddddd for the price it issssss......!! I' m done with this and will never try againn... UPdate: i didn't used it probably now i can't live without it!!!!

on 4/24/2012 1:40:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

I admittedly thought it was silly to buy fancy facial cottons but I bought these on a whim and have since replaced them for the past year.
They are AMAZING. They are so soft--sometimes the ones with closed ends are sharp. Not these ones. They are resilient. I use one to remove all of my make up--face, lips AND waterproof mascara. One! For everything! I think the fact that I only have to use one at a time makes up for some of the price. They may be 2 or 3 times as expensive, but I use 1/2 or a 1/3 as many each time. Plus, I enjoy using them. It feels wonderful and I never have irritated skin afterwards. They are a HG, albeit a little ridiculous. I love them.

on 4/14/2012 4:08:00 PM

SOOOO SOFT. it removes my make up gently, especially around the eyes. I love it and will keep repurchasing it.

on 3/16/2012 1:12:00 AM

I ony buy these when i can..usually at sephora, once in a while if i spot them at the drugstore. For $8 a pack they arent cheap and i always tend to find cheaper (but not as good quality) cotton pads elsewhere. If i am out of my cheapies i will pick up a pack of these lovely soft cotton pads. They are probably the best quality out there. They certified safe cotton...whatever that means. (Same safe quality as my baby stroller cotton material...) i do love these pads...but they are not for everyone. It definitely comes down to preference and i prefer these.

on 3/4/2012 11:38:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Horrible packaging.
These are too soft and shred easily and the edges are prone to fraying. I know they leave pieces behind, believe me i KNOW. im male, with facial hair stubble, and these left bits and pieces of cotton on my face, i dont believe theyre worth the price. I like the CVS brand better, the rounded sealed cotton rounds. thOse dont fray against my face

on 2/25/2012 3:26:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool

I received a bulk pack of these cotton pads from my sister (who is always in the know about good stuff!) and I don't think I can go back to other brands. I use them only for removing makeup as I apply toner using a spray.

Reasons I love these:
- the edges are not seamed/stitched together. This means that no sharp edges are ever created (I would sometimes scratch my skin because of the seams on other pads).
- they do not disintegrate. No fluff comes apart, ending up on the skin.
- they're not very dense. This means that less product is required for a saturated pad.

I only wish that the cotton used was fair-trade.

on 2/17/2012 10:35:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

Like almost every other woman on the planet, I've been using cotton pads for removing eye makeup and applying toner for years. I honestly didn't think there was a difference between cotton pads until I read about Shisedio Facial Cotton on MUA. All the talk of softness, etc. really got me wondering so I bought a pack of 100 on eBay recently.

This is one instance where the reviews really do live up to my expectations. This cotton is very, very soft - so much so I didn't realize how scratchy regular cotton pads actually feel. I also love the fact that they don't soak up loads of product which means I don't have to use a ton of toner to saturate the pad like I used to. The cotton is also fairly large so I cut them in half to conserve which is more than enough to apply toner or remove eye makeup.

The only downside - the price. I paid about $15 for a pack of 100. Not too bad considering the amount, but still fairly pricey for cotton. Despite the price, I will likely buy these again because they're so soft and make me feel like I'm pampering myself. I also love the fact that these don't soak up product like regular cotton pads.

on 2/2/2012 4:57:00 AM

I never gave much thought into what type of cotton I buy for nail and skin care because I assumed that all cotton pads were created equal. This is very untrue and if you try these cotton pads out, you'd understand why.
I was purchasing cheapie cotton pads from the dollar store plowing through them because they were absorbing all the product and once the dirt built up on the pad I'd have to reach for another piece.
Shiseido Facial Cotton is unique because it does not absorb all the product and once you use it, it expands and stretches out, revealing more usable cotton. While $8 is a bit of a splurge for something that ends up in the trash, it is definitely worth it in the end because you end up using less and it is just so incredibly soft and not at all rough on the skin.
I will definitely repurchase. :)

Popular Face Skincare Products