April 21, 2014 | 1235 users online

Blush - MAC - Dollymix

rated 2 of 5 on 6/26/2011 1:07:00 PM More reviews by HoneyXOXOXO

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I'm not sure what to think bout this blush. The shimmer was super fine and very pretty which I loved, and it looks so nice and pink in the pan. On my skin it looked so red, like a sunburn color. I felt dumb wearing it like everyone is going to think I'm burnt from the sun. I think it's the type of color that you need to test before buying.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/23/2011 2:42:00 PM More reviews by maan84

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Dollymix is a very pretty rosey pink blush. It is a slightly shimmery. In the pan it looks quite dark but apply with a light hand and built up the desired intensity. Since I'm quite fair skinned a touch to the pan is enough. When using Dollymix I get the natural rosey flush to the cheeks. The lasting power is excellent. The shimmer is definitely not over-the-top, it's very subtle. Would most likely repurchase. It's not my HG blush but it's among my favorites. continued >>

rated 2 of 5 on 5/31/2011 6:48:00 PM More reviews by deborahlovesyou

I've used every single brush I have with this product, and the fact of the matter is that it WILL NOT show up on my skin!!! I am an NC 35/ NC 40... so it's not like I'm super dark. This isn't pigmented at all, and I'm so disappointed in myself for wasting 20 bucks on this P.O.S. blush...

rated 2 of 5 on 5/24/2011 11:01:00 PM More reviews by shortsmallsweet

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Black

I don't know why I bought this, maybe because I was influenced by the SA. It looks scary medium reddish pink in the pan. The SA told me to use a light hand when applying. I found myself not reaching for this blush very often, as I almost always end up looking stupid with 2 bright red cheeks and it didn't complement my skin at all. I ended up swapping it away.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/19/2011 9:37:00 PM More reviews by SnowWhiteGirl

I love this blush! its a lovely rosey pink with a very slight shimmer and even though it looks quite dark in the compact, on the skin it doesn't come out that intense so you can slowly build till you reach the colour intensity you are after. It's lasting me quite a while too :D The only reason I took off a lippie is the price, in NZ Mac is a tad pricey (In my opinion)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/30/2011 10:07:00 PM More reviews by sadorange

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

My new HG! A touch to the pan is enough, if you swirl you'll end up with clown cheeks. Gives me the prettiest, "natural" pink flush. I prefer this over Pink Swoon. The shimmer just gives a pretty sheen to your cheeks, nothing too overpowering. I don't think I will repurchase anytime soon, as it will take veeerryyy long to use up, but if the possibility arises I will ;) NW20 for reference.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/21/2011 7:48:00 PM More reviews by hellokittyismyfavy

I have NC25 skin tone and this made me look like I was out in the sun for 10 hours. It is more of a reddish pink than a soft pink. If you're looking for a soft natural pink, I'd go for pink swoon. This goes on very very heavily and you can easily look like a clown and very "done" up / "caked" on and overall make your makeup look disorganized.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/12/2011 3:03:00 PM More reviews by karinaFresh

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Red, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

Love this color, its a bright cool toned hot pink, which sounds scary but it looks very pretty on the skin and its a sheer tone blush so its not overly pigmented and is very buildable. Its got a nice sheen to it thats not really frosty. One of my top favorite blushes. The texture is nice (not as nice as nars, but nice) I got this because I've heard this is a lot of models favorite blushes (I.e. holly Madison and this one import car model) and I love it myself. I think it looks good on many skintones especially tan skin.
LASTING POWER:
Good but not as good as nars but wayy better then most blushes I have tried. Has good pigmentation for a sheer tone blush. Probably lasts a good 7-8 hours on me and subtly wears off.
Love the name too, dollymix sounds so cute and catchy lol. Only downfall is that this blush is kinda pricey for what it is, its awesome don't get me wrong and I would repurchase but I think $13-$14 is more reasonable. Its one of my more fun blushes and I smile everytime I use it (im more of a warm toned rosy or tan blush fan usually)

rated 4 of 5 on 4/8/2011 6:36:00 PM More reviews by ItaliNicki

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

Very pretty pink. Very bright so you have to use a LITTLE bit! My coloring is NC20, even if I used this every day for 5 years, I may never hit pan, thats how little I have to use!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/30/2011 5:08:00 PM More reviews by noddy154

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

I was quite shocked when the sales assistant tried this blusher on me it looked soo bright in the pan i was a little scared to see the outcome lol. but it looked really good, its quite a natural blush. Its extremely pigmented so i only use a little and blend it out so i can imagine this lasting me a very very long time. it is sliiightly too red for me though, i do really like this blush and i will continue to use it and repurchase but i would like to try find a pinkier one. i have yellow undertones and i find that products tend to look quite bright on my skin and turn easily orange too. Ive read alot of reviews about this blusher and alot have mentioned the shimmer, and honestly ive not even noticed the shimmer in it, i usually hate shimmer and glitter the lot but its no issue for me with this blusher. i would definately repurchase its a really lovely natural looking blush i can imagine it looking great on alot of skin tones.