Revlon Super Lustrous Creme - Pink in the Afternoon

4.2

on 11/7/2012 7:33:00 AM

This is the first lipstick I ever bought. It's my all time favourite!! It is such a nice rosy pink colour and looks great on any skin tone! The texture is really creamy and it stays on all day! I get a lot of compliments when I wear this, it's such a flattering & pretty colour!! Will always repurchase it, love it!!

on 10/19/2012 1:04:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

** The Perfect pink/nude!!!! I finally found it!!!!!!!!!!!***** the perfect everyday shade!!

"Pink in the Afternoon" is a really wearable, flattering pink if you are a fair skinned and have dark hair. A lot of pinks just dont look right on me but this one is really nice. Its a warm, dark pink with maybe a little bit of peachiness or coral to it. Its a creme finish with a bit of sheen.

I really love Revlon Super Lustrous lipsticks and have several. By far the best drugstore brand lipstick. I have sensitive skin and some lip products can irritate my lips, but not these. They are completely scent/taste free. They are smooth, creamy, glossy, and long-wearing.

I recently purchased this lipstick in the colour 440 "Cherries in the Snow" a cult colour from Revlon that has been around since 1954 apparently. I bought it on a whim after seeing a video online without swatching it beforehand. Not knowing what I would end up with, it turned out to be one of the most GORGEOUS lipsticks I've tried. It is an intense raspberry pink with the slightest hint of purple that would make your teeth look pearly white. It goes on creamy and thick without drying out my lips or wearing off too quickly. It is so moisturising that the lipstick is just as effective as a lip balm. Plus, you get two for the price! The overseas shipping was also very speedy (I live in Germany). Colour pay off, longevity, comfort, fair price...What more could you want? I was very surprised how well Revlon as a drugstore brand can live up to high end products or even surpass them! It looks expensive on the lips though it's not. I am very satisfied with my purchase and I would definitely recommend this lipstick to anyone as I think it would suit any skin tone, may it be cool or warm. A true delight to wear.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

This color is pretty much exactly the same shade as MAC's "fanfare" which I have been a fan of for quite a few years! But I have begun to realize that lipstick is one thing you really dont NEED to splurge on. Do so if you like, but to me you can simply look up dupes! (Thank you Temptalia dupe list!)

The color is a very basic creamy pink color with just a hint of coral to it that seems to magically brighten my features!

Revlon Super Lustrous lipsticks (in the creme formulation) are almost the same as MAC creamsheens in volume and variety of color as well as lasting power and pigmentation. The only thing Revlon's lack are the wonderful vanilla scent of MAC lipsticks, but besides that they are an almost perfect match!

on 9/18/2012 8:58:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Pink in the Afternoon is a beautiful creamy warm-toned pink that looks gorgeous on people who have a slight tan IMO.

Wears on well but I must moisturise my lips beforehand because I do find that Revlon lipsticks are a tad drying. Pigmentation is quite good and goes on with just one swipe. Smooth application which is something I look into for creme lipsticks. Glides on nicely and easily which won my heart.

I love Revlon formulas for their lipsticks, they last long and great pigmentation for a drugstore lipstick. (Their matte lipsticks last better than the SL lipsticks) It's just expensive for drugstore which puts me off. I will repurchase this because I think it's just so wearable for everyday and with most looks.

on 9/11/2012 7:56:00 PM

I was looking for a nice wearable pink lipstick and I'm so happy I found this one ..
The texture is so smooth and creamy, it doesn't dry out my lips at all. It's perfect for every day wear ! It's a very subtle color ,but makes your face just look so fresh . I love it <3

on 8/19/2012 7:49:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Other, Medium

NC30-35 for reference
This is a very pretty, wearable medium pink that is gorgeous on warmer skin tones. It may be too warm for those who lean towards cool. Pink in the Afternoon has good lasting power, pigmentation, and the creamy texture looks and feels great going on. This color is definitely a true "pink" but it is very wearable for everyday and not too bright. Love this!

Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Other, Coarse

I stayed away from Revlon lipsticks for a very long time due to a bad peeling experience with one of their green tubed (moondrops?) lipsticks. After receiving a rec for this on mua for a nice warm toned pink, I decided to try it. Pink in the Afternoon comes in their traditional classic black tube and I guess it is a different formula than the green tubed ones. I have no reactions to this lipstick and it isn't drying on me. The color is dead on for a midtoned warm pink. I think it compliments my NC40 skintone as well. Very pretty shade.

on 7/23/2012 11:36:00 PM

Hands down the best Revlon lipstick I own. It's the perfect warm medium pink shade that goes with everything. It's easy to slap on and I don't have to worry that it'll clash with the rest of my makeup. The formula of the lipstick is also perfection, better than a lot of my MAC lipsticks as well. I really can't rave enough about this lipstick and I'm so glad I rediscovered it in my collection!!

Popular Lipsticks