Bath and Body Works Warm Vanilla Sugar Body Lotion

3.8

on 12/31/2010 3:58:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Warm

I love this scent- it's one of my favorite BBW scents! It smells so good, like sugar cookies! I got this in the big tube, which is normally 12 USD, but I got it for free with a coupon when I spent 10 USD there. Me and my sister both use this, so it's getting kind of low. I would imagine us being able to share one in this size and have it last for maybe 4 months with daily usage, as I don't use it daily. It's really moisturizing, and nice for my veeerrrryyy dry skin. The scent is a bonus! I use it on my whole body (except for my face), and the delicious smell lingers on me for literally the whole day, when put on in the morning! Sometimes I can even faintly smell it early the next day. I love this!!!!

on 11/3/2010 12:17:00 AM

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other

Of all the Bath and Body Works products & scents, I use this lotion the most. It's my usual everyday lotion. It has a basic, pleasant vanilla. My only problem with it is that it sometimes doesn't moisturize the skin on my hands enough in winter (skin gets very dry and cracks in the winter). I haven't tried the new formula yet - my bottle of the old stuff hasn't run out yet. All I can say to those who are unsure about the new lotion's scent, is to try it out in the store before you buy it. That's what I plan to do.

on 10/19/2010 11:34:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Neutral

Hair: Black, Other, Fine

This smells good and i isn't sticky I got if for 4 for $20 at bath and body works. Not the best smell I've smell but you can surly smell the vanilla. To my it smells better than the body spray.

on 9/1/2010 9:05:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Medium consistency, non-sticky, relatively non-greasy with decent moisturizing properties that last all day (except for my hands, which I wash several times a day), but the scent leaves much to be desired... unless you *enjoy* smelling like a Play-doh factory.

on 8/30/2010 11:54:00 AM

Melted plastic, cheap vanilla ice cream that has been left out in the sun and you have to wash the bowl - 10 days later, funky musk from the late 60's. Put all of this together and you get Warm Vanilla Sugar.

I have smelled worse, but his comes pretty close. Too bad I am at work and do not have access to a shower for 5 more hours, I hope that I am not called into any meetings....

on 8/6/2010 12:50:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I ended up getting this since it was a 3 for $10 sale at Bath and Body Works.I already loved the original warm vanilla sugar so I figured I would try this out and also purchased the body wash and body mist.I have to agree with everyone, the old formula smelled alot better, this new formula smells more like a hint of vanilla and is very subtle.However this new one is alot more moisturizing and not as greasy, it leaves my skin feeling baby soft.I would still repurchase this because its great at moisturizing.It would have given this 5 lippies if they only kept the old warm vanilla sugar scent. Bath and Body Works do yourself a favor and bring the old scent back!

UPDATE: Ehh its starting to smell watered down and plasticy after a while. I recently found Bodycology's brown sugar vanilla and it smells similar to the orginal warm vanilla sugar at a quarter of the price.

on 8/5/2010 6:45:00 PM

One of my faves from B&BW! New formula....huh? I'll have to check it out! Meanwhile I still have my stash. Love it!

Skin: Normal, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

This has a really fake vanilla smell. It does moisturize my dry, cracked heels, but it absolutely REEKS! I'll give it 2 lippies for moisturization.

Okay.. I won't lie, I have used a few bottles of this lotion and a couple bottles of spray. I love B&BW's formula. It is extra creamy and keeps my skin super moisturized allllll day! However, I HATE THE SMELL OF THIS LOTION. I love love love the smell of sugar, and I might be picky, but it has such a funky smell. It smells like toasted sugar, but I think it would push me away if someone smelled like that. It's just not a good scent to walk around with. I used it before going to bed and it helps you get to sleep though!

This was my favorite lotion for many years. I have been through countless bottles of this stuff and then a few months ago, I bought some more and it does NOT smell the same. I do not know what they did to this stuff (this was before they reformulated the lotion...so I know that is not the reason) but they definitely changed something and until they change it back I will not be buying this any more. I now wear vanilla lace from Victoria's Secret and LOVE it!! 5 stars for the old smell and 0 for the new : (