August 29, 2014 | 981 users online

Pressed Powders - MAC - Blot Powder - Medium

rated 5 of 5 on 2/25/2009 4:06:00 PM More reviews by Spendydoo

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

LOVE this. I used it a few years ago but I wasn't a bit fan then, can't remember why. I stipple it over my foundation to set it, and it works WONDERS!!!!!!!! I look flawless, no oil for a good few hours. Even when you touch up throughout the day it doesn't look cakey at all. It is well worth the money!!!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/17/2009 10:57:00 PM More reviews by KikiBee09

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

I use this powder at least twice a day. Once to set my foundation & concealor and then a few times throughout the day to deal with excess oil. My skin tone is between NC15 & NC 20 and the shade "medium" in this product works best for me. This is a great blotting powder and I would be lost without it! It's well worth the few extra dollars compared to other pressed powders I have tried (including more expensive products like Elizabeth Arden!).

rated 5 of 5 on 2/17/2009 10:00:00 PM More reviews by ksasr05

I swear by this stuff! It works so well for touch ups and setting foundation. I keep it with me in my purse and use it EVERYDAY...its great. I can't live without it!!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/14/2009 9:46:00 AM More reviews by peachesandcream76

I love this powder. really good for oily skin. I use this for setting my foundation and touch ups.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/14/2009 5:09:00 AM More reviews by kenai

this product is great most especially for oily skin..but it works perfecty for combination skin as well..the color looks very natural and it does not become cakey even if you put layers of this on..its quite expensive though and provides very minimum coverage.but overall, the product is great..i'm sure i'll buy this again.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/31/2008 10:30:00 AM More reviews by dv_27

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

My HG summer product, i cant use it all year round as i have normal skin, it tends to dry me outhi . It absorbs all the oilies like a sponge. I mostly use LRP sunscreen in the summer and with this on top i dont need anything else :)

rated 5 of 5 on 12/29/2008 8:56:00 PM More reviews by Lissie24

This is my absolute favorite powder! I go through these like candy! It goes me the perfect airbrushed finish. I apply it with my MAC powder blush and it just seals everything together. CANNOT live without!!! Me, deserted island, blot powder.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/13/2008 5:31:00 AM More reviews by Chompalicious

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Great powder - better than anything else I've tried for controlling shine. It lasts a good 2-3 hours which is, again, a lot longer/better than anything I've tried. I like the fact it looks natural and doesn't have a visible colour, because the cake-face look is really quite unappealing!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/7/2008 9:25:00 PM More reviews by josette

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have been buying this for years and it is perfect:
1] The color match is just right - I use this in Medium and my skin is NC25, Stila 30 Watts.

2] It is finely milled and therefor does not cake and show wrinkles.

3] It is sort of multi-use in that I use it as a finishing powder with my MAC 182 kabuki brush. Then I pop it back in my purse for perfect touchups because it has a mirror and just use the puff that's included. It does such a good job that I hardly ever have to touch up though.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/16/2008 2:21:00 AM More reviews by sugahxpops

This powder, at $35AU, is definitely a useful buy! I'm lucky to have blemish free skin most of the time, but I do get a little shiny on the forehead/nose area. I've never really invested in powders before, and have used loose translucent powder from anywhere I could find, but I decided to try MAC.

I use the MAC 187 Brush which picks up the least amount of product needed, and it seems to absorb excess shine/oil on my t-zone and remains invisible to the eye. Luckily, pressed powder is much less messy than loose and the packaging is both chic and functional.

While I've seen complaints about itchiness and acne from this product, I've yet to experience it, but I've taken one lipstick off because I've only had it for less than a month - so, we'll see!

+ After quite a few months of use, I still love it! I use it every single day although only a few days after my initial review I dropped the compact out of my purse at my formal and it shattered within. I salvaged what I could and used it in a normal powder container but now I need another one, and I think I may need to go Light this time.