October 21, 2014 | 2000 users online

Lipstick - MAC - Viva Glam V

rated 2 of 5 on 2/19/2012 4:58:00 PM More reviews by Jesse30

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Dark, Neutral Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Color was decent but finish was soooo pearly/frosty. It barely shoed up on my non pigmented lips and the glitter was left after 30 minutes of wear. Boooo!

rated 4 of 5 on 2/3/2012 10:46:00 AM More reviews by halostatic

I bought this the other night as a close enough dupe to one of my all time favorite lipsticks, Mellow Mood as I was running low on that one and it is limited edition, so I don't have any backups.

Under the store lighting the two looked identical swatched on my hand and lips but as I swatched them again under natural light the next day I noticed that Viva Glam V is much lighter than MM.

But since the two are so close in color I will stick with VGV. The formula is a lustre which I love. It's a bit more moisturizing than M.A.C'S other lipsticks which is nice. Plus the sales of Viva Glam lipsticks go to a good cause so all around it's pretty good :)

rated 2 of 5 on 1/26/2012 11:06:00 PM More reviews by sharmilaa

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Coarse Eyes: Black

This lipstick looks so hedious on me simply because the finish on this lipstick is TOO FROSTY/METALLIC LOOKING, YUCK. I have many Mac lustre's but none look like this at all. As for the color it is nothing to write home about. Pink mauve that pulls more mauve than pink on me at least but the frost on this is a killer!. I get embarassed wearing it.
On the good note it is for a good cause (Breast Cancer for women) so I did buy for that reason alone. But I donot like wearing this lipstick at all.
If you do want to try the Viva Glam V lipgloss as the color and the finish is very nice of it.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/23/2012 8:33:00 PM More reviews by AntFarm

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Red, Other, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This lippie has been recommended to me time and time again, so I finally purchased it. I had also tried it in the MAC store several times, but thought it was too boring to shell out the money for. But now that I've worn it at home, I do like it. It's a pretty standard shimmery nude, but not too metallic or gritty. It's not anything out of the ordinary or mind-blowing, but I do reach for it a lot. It's versatile and easy to wear with a variety of looks.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/10/2012 2:22:00 PM More reviews by laiagmartin

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

So Viva Glam V, is, next to 3-D, one of my stapler colors ever since 2 months ago. It's... wow, wow. Like other people have commented here, it's a lovely MLBB shade, doesn't leave my lips too milky (something risky on a NC37 skintone... it took me a while to realize that, I thought I was NW30 before haha) and it stays comfortably put for a long time, even though I tend to reapply. I am definitely going to have this again, plus thinking that this is part of the MAC Viva Glam collection makes me even happier!!!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/2/2012 1:21:00 PM More reviews by lipglossjunkee

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

This is my favorite MAC lipstick...its MLBB on me, just a gorgeous nudey-mauvey-pinky shade that is very flattering. I don't find this drying at all, which is unusual because a lot of mac lipsticks are on me. I would definitely repurchase as this is a nice neutral pink that I can wear with just about any look. ♥ (NC20, dark brown hair, blue eyes for reference)

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/13/2011 11:35:00 AM More reviews by Shazzer1976

A good neutral lip colour. Matches my own lip pigmentation almost exactly so a great ' my lips but better' shade. I'm just not impressed by its lasting power and I have found similar shades for less in drugstore brands. Still I appreciate that any profits made from this go to a worthy cause.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/25/2011 7:37:00 PM More reviews by cchughes

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Great neutral for everyday. However, the shimmers make it a little gritty-feeling on the lips. I'm glad I purchased though; it was for a good cause, and it was my first MAC lipstick. It's not overly pigmented or drying, but it isn't moisturizing either.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/13/2011 9:56:00 PM More reviews by Bobo348

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I love the viva glam lipsticks because it helps to support the Aids and HIV foundation. However, this lipstick is not very hydrating, you need to apply lip balm first. The color of this lipstick looks so good on my lips, very professional and simple. I usually use this lipstick with my viva glam IV lip gloss.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/10/2011 1:11:00 AM More reviews by turnthisaround

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

upon hearing great things about MAC lipsticks, I decided to go out and buy one.
This is a fantastic lipstick overall. A great, neutralish red that can be paired with anything and isn't overpowering. It's sort of matte, so using a heavier hand on applying is needed. It goes on smooth and doesn't dry out my lips.
The staying power could be better, though. After three or so hours, it's faded out quite a bit and this is without eating or drinking. It's why I can't give it a full five rating, though I wish I could.

Despite that flaw, I'm very happy that I have it. And of course, the packaging is compact and looks good. I wish more product came with it also, especially considering the price.

I will repurchase and will purchase many other lipsticks from MAC.