October 25, 2014 | 1713 users online

Top/Base Coats - OPI - Nail Envy - Matte

rated 5 of 5 on 9/13/2006 11:30:00 AM More reviews by lindi828

I've been a fan of OPI Nail Envy Orignal formula & the last time I had a manicure, the technician recommended the matte to me. I love this stuff. I ususally give myself a French manicure & this sets up the nails perfectly for it. She told me it holds the nail polish on much better than the shiny formula. This also keeps my nails much stronger. they grow like weeds now! Great stuff

rated 5 of 5 on 9/13/2006 11:06:00 AM More reviews by venni6

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have been use this product for a little over two years. I never use color on my nails, as I am a natural kind of girl. This stuff gives my nails a natural, polished look. The only thing I did not like about it was that you may need to reapply or refresh with one coat every other day. I tend to use my hands a lot (dishes, work, washing hands, etc.) The polish tends to chip on my nails. It did make my nails stronger, however.

It is an excellent product. I blame my overactive lifestyle for the chipping.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/6/2006 7:32:00 PM More reviews by wooskee

I really like this base coat. I don't usually wear coloured nail polish on my fingernails so this was a nice alternative. I like that it's matte and looks really natural, as if I just gave my nails a good buffing. It dries quick and doesn't peel off. I like how it doesn't chip and even if it did it would be very hard to notice since it's matte. My nails haven't chipped or peeled so I'm very happy with this product. Though it's on the pricey side, I would still repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/23/2006 2:12:00 PM More reviews by eemajin

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I bought this per the recommendations here, but am not really glad I did. It does not claim to be a base coat, so I can't really fault it, but many of you have recommended it so. I reasoned that being formaldehyde free that it could help protect me as a base coat from the nasty chemicals in the polishes. But polish just does not go on well over this matte. Not only do I get streaky polish, but the polish seems to melt the matte a little and move it so that the manicure does not stay smooth. Then it remains tacky for a long time. Maybe I just need more patience to let the matte dry longer, but have been unsuccessful so far. By itself I find the matte very boring. Maybe next time I will go away and do something else while waiting for the matte to fully dry before polishing.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/24/2006 12:02:00 PM More reviews by tweepsums

Matte Nail Envy worked for me. My nails had been weak and prone to splitting and peeling. I also have a problem with biting and picking the nail on my right index finger, which has gotten very weak as a result. Within a few days of using Nail Envy, I noticed a big difference: my nails are growing and getting stronger. I tried the shine formula for soft and thin nails, but I was really disappointed in the way it peeled off in sheets. The matte formula stays put, and it has a soft sheen.

A nail tech advised me to follow the instructions. You have to layer it on and follow the instructions. Overall, the most reliable nail treatment I've tried so far.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/15/2006 9:11:00 AM More reviews by maldita

i don't know if it has indeed strengthened my nails BUT it sure is a good base coat =)

rated 4 of 5 on 6/13/2006 9:41:00 AM More reviews by beautifulskin

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I was pleased with the matte finish for this nail strengthener & it did make my nails stronger, as long as I was wearing it, but I would still like to find a nail strengthener that doesn't chip & Nail Envy does. The bottle I bought a couple of years ago was $12 & while I wore it for awhile it is not my HG nail strengthener.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/7/2006 4:52:00 PM More reviews by Teresagirl

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I've been using Nail Envy Matte for about 3 months. It really has strengthened my nails. Makes a good base coat too.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/27/2006 6:11:00 AM More reviews by Emac42

This is the best nail strengthener I have ever used - I could not live without it! I have dry, brittle nails that peel & break easily but OPI's Nail Envy Matte sorted them out instantly. It makes my nails look natural - as if I'm not wearing any polish at all. This is a big asset, since I'm not allowed to wear any nail polish at my place of work. Although this is expensive to purchase (in UK, the RRP is 15 plus - approx. $27 US), it is most definitely worth the price. It saves a lot of heartache hunting around from shop to shop for other nail strengtheners, that simply, in my opinion, do not perform such a perfect job as
OPI's Nail Envy Matte.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/15/2006 6:08:00 PM More reviews by ayngemac

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

A great base coat I use almost every time I do my nails. Really holds the polish. I used to use one by Loreal that had Kevlar in it, but it got discontinued, so I turned to this. I really miss that Loreal one, but this is almost as great.