December 20, 2014 | 1537 users online

Highlighters - Bobbi Brown - Beige Shimmer Brick Shimmerbrick

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/25/2007 5:40:00 PM More reviews by pmnixa

The trick to the shimmerbrick is not to get too much product. The BB site says to use a regular blush brush but for me that deposits too much product so I like to use a small blush brush to apply the product on my cheekbones/temples. If you get too much of this beige color it ends up looking too cool/grey. I love how the shimmer is quite fine.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/13/2006 8:43:00 PM More reviews by seramadis

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I went to the Bobbi Brown counter today to get a gel eyeliner and left with this Shimmerbrick instead! I have the Bronze and even though I do rather like it it isn't my favourite colour (it looked a bit dark even though I have tan coloured skin). So I was trying out other Shimmerbrick shades, I had thought perhaps I would like the Peony since it is deeper for my dark skin, but it turned out to be too cool for my toasty complexion and made me look like I had a fever or something. I didn't think Beige was a colour I could wear since it is so light and pale, I thought it would look too frosty and white-cast for such toasty skin but the MA took a brush and swept it over me and OMG! I looked like I had cheeks a mile high! (I have pretty high cheekbones anyways but au naturel they never look this high and chiselled!) It made me look radiant but not greasy, which I wouldn't have liked since I already have greasy oily skin. Of course I bought it on the spot. Since that happened today I don't know if I would be able to reproduce the MA's technique but if don't get such satisfactory results here at home at least I will know it is due to my lack of skill and not the Shimmerbrick's fault. Love this Shimmerbrick!

rated 4 of 5 on 10/5/2006 9:10:00 AM More reviews by violetberry

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I initially bought this when the m/a used it on me as an e/s paired w/bronze gel ink liner and I fell in love. As a highlighter or on top of blush it did look great at first and I really liked it however after a while, it totally exaggerated my pores making them look HUGE! Not so good. I still like it but it's just not for me. I'll keep using it as e/s though.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/12/2006 11:24:00 AM More reviews by coconoir

This didn't give me the look I was looking for. The shimmer is too chunky for that. As other reviewers have mentioned, it is nice when used on the eyes, though.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/3/2006 9:08:00 PM More reviews by Coffeebean80

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

As long as I'm not in a hurry and have time to dust this on carefully, I'm alright. The sales rep told me that a light dust on my cheeks for daytime is alright...well, everyone else has told me not to do it, but you know, it's really alright. But like I said, using a shimmery product requires time to carefully apply them on as to not look overdone or fake. Oh, and I can get an extra use out of it b/c I use the lighter shimmer shades as eyeshadow!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/26/2006 7:04:00 AM More reviews by leila12

LOVE this. I only use it at night as it is way too shiny for me during the day (my blush has shiny specks in it as well). This greats such a beautiful, dewey glow! I love to brush it over my cheeks and under cheekbones, as well as down my nose, with a little dab on my forehead and chin. This product is perfect for creating that glowing look, without using products that just make you look greasy. I get compliments whenever I go out! It costs a fair bit, but I've had it for about 8 months and have barely scratched the surface. I also like to use the different colors on their own as eyeshadows or highlighters for the eyes. Great great great product!!!!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/21/2006 10:02:00 AM More reviews by kalifas

This is such a beautiful compact. I LOVE it. I was afraid it would be too light for my face, but its deffinitly not! If you love Mac Shimpagne, you'll love this as well!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 5/16/2006 10:15:00 AM More reviews by LKirsten

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Hated this!!! Way too light for my taste - no candlelit glow - just fake cheap shiny patches on my face. Gorgeous product, just not on me. I love the concept, and swore off the shimmerbricks, but I love BB products, and may try a different color - we'll see. Beige is definately too pale & pasty for my taste.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/1/2006 3:21:00 PM More reviews by tomo_joy

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Beige shimmer brick is the first compact I bought. After trying those compacts. I like this product because it gave me a candlelit glow and definitely not change my blusher tone. I apply it on my cheek bone. However i like it, i'll try Brownie next time.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/24/2006 3:38:00 AM More reviews by Bakarat

I really like this highlighter ! So shimmery and beautifull ! The staying power is great, the texture is quite fine, and I love the multiple colours. Beautiful on eyes too ! Wonderfull !