Burt's Bees Burt's Bees Lip Shimmers - Raisin

3.5

Not tested on animals
Burt's Bees is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

on 10/18/2004 4:32:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

I heard great reviews about this product and I decided to give it a try. It was great..I love the smooth feeling and it doesn't have any taste other than the fact that it's minty.

on 10/17/2004 9:27:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I love Raisin's sister, Watermelon, but unfortunately this gloss was more of a stain, and make my lips this horrible color, which refused to go away.

on 8/16/2004 4:16:00 PM

My favorite of the BBees liptints, along with Watermelon. This darkish berry shade is perfect for fall.

on 7/25/2004 9:06:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

More like a lipstick than a balm - lots of pigment (this shows up berry red on my lips) and great minty flavor. Just like Burt's regular lip balm, but in convenient stick form. For a little over $3 - what a deal! I'm getting the other colors.

on 7/21/2004 12:31:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

Bought it on a whim, it wasn't too bad, but the color was nothing liked the package. It's more of a red, and it ended up looking gaudy on me. I wouldn't buy again.

on 7/18/2004 10:30:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Other

I was expecting something completely different from what i got with this, but I'm not disappointed. I expected a sheer, shimmery lip balm. What I got was a lip gloss with quite a bit of color and very little shimmer (and the peppermint burn). Raisin is a red-berry color--not the plumish color you might automatically think of. My biggest gripe with this product is that it goes on very unevenly. And it stains my lips like mad. Still, I like it quite a bit. Once I get it on evenly, it's a pretty color. When it wears off (and it does pretty quickly), I throw more on or slap on some gloss real fast (the stained-lip color it leaves behind isn't so pretty).

on 6/28/2004 11:12:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

A nice lip tinted balm with a great deal of pigment. Raisin makes me think brownish but this is really a full-bodied wine red. My sis sent me this (she works at Whole Foods)and I enjoyed trying it. I don't think I'd buy it though because the mint in it is really overpowering and sort of stung my lips. But maybe I put too much on, thinking it was more a light balm, not realizing it was a strong color. Will try again, maybe as a light topper for another color or something. Edit: stings me too much, it's a no go for me.

Raisin shows up as a berry-red on my lips. I was surprised at how pigmented this was. I was expecting a sheerer color with more shimmer than tint. I honestly see very little, if any, shimmer. The texture is nice- very natural and not too waxy. I love the peppermint scent.

Ingredients: Sunflower oil, castor oil, beeswax, candellia wax, lanolin, cocoa butter, tocopheryl acetate & tocoherol (vitamin E), peppermint oil, carnauba wax, comfrey root extract, rosemary extract. May contain: iron oxide, mica, carmine, or titanium dioxide continued >>

on 5/5/2004 1:27:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure

I don't know if this would qualify as a gloss or as a lipstick or as a balm. Maybe more of a balm with a lot of pigment. What I like about it is the color--a very nice reddish pink that's blue toned. As for the texture, it's got a lot of slip so it doesn't stay on the lips very long but it's an excellent product to have if you're running out the door and in dire need of some lip color.

on 4/19/2004 3:08:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool

I really like this product. It is just like Burt's Bees lip balm, only in a better package (no fingers) and a great color. This has the same minty feel and smooth result as the balm, only with added sheer color. I bought this at Whole Foods for $3.49. It is also small enough to fit in your jeans pocket. This comes in 4 or 5 other colors, all nice looking. Great job on this one, Burt!

Popular Lip Glosses