Bobbi Brown Hydrating Eye Cream

3.5

Water Purified, Squalane, Cyclopentasiloxane, Butylene Glycol, Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Cetyl Alcohol, Glyceryl Stearate, Sodium Carbomer, Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice, Persea Gratissima (Avocado) Oil, Hamamelis Virginiana (Witch Hazel) Extract, Retinyl Palmitate, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Sodium Hyaluronate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Sodium PCA, Glycerin, Tocopherol, Hydrogenated Vegetable Oil, PEG-100 Stearate, Disodium EDTA, Phenoxyethanol

on 7/11/2011 10:37:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Other, Straight, Fine

Hydrating Eye Cream really bothered my sensitive eyes, made them extremely red in minutes. Try before you buy - see if you can get a sample and/or a demo. I like many other BB products though, as you can see from my reviews.

on 5/17/2011 10:28:00 AM

While I do like this eye cream, I believe that there are better products out there for a better price. Having said that, I have enjoyed using this product in the daytime...it has done a good job of priming my under-eye area and keeps my concealer from "slipping". I find it to be relatively moisturizing (again, I've had better!) and generally non-irritating. I have no issues with the fragrance, and I am quite smell-sensitive. I wish it came in a tube, rather than a pot - but I am vigilant about applying creams with clean hands so that hasn't been too bad or unhygienic. It does absorb well, but I like to wait 20-30 minutes before applying concealer over it, just to ensure it has really sunk in (like I do with any moisturizer). I have limited its use to daytime only - I don't find it to moisturizing enough as a night eye cream...I'm pushing 30 and need something with a big more "oomph"! I've enjoyed it, but I can't justify repurchasing it - other eye creams have been just as good for me at a fraction of the cost.

on 5/15/2011 4:52:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

I was looking for a highly emollient hydrating eye cream...I was drawn to it because it has avovado oil listed as an ingredient (I love Kiehls Creamy Avocado Eye Cream). This provides little to no hydration. I use it over a thin layer of the Kiehls for added moisture when my undereye area is especially dry, but alone, I notice no effect.
Also, I do not know why this is listed as an eye primer, because it does not work as such. I do like Bobbi Brown eyeshadows and foundation (Oil-Free Compact Foundation), but I have yet to be impressed by her line of skin care.

on 5/15/2011 4:37:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

NC42 MAC/ Honey in Bobbi Brown Indian Asian skin.

I have used the samples i got and its great for applying under eye before using concealer. Gives a good creamy base. Find it too expensive to buy.

on 5/9/2011 7:22:00 PM

my cousin freelances for bobbi brown and gave me a deluxe sample of this eye cream as part of my christmas present. i really wanted to like it but alas, it gave me those little white bumps under my eyes, so it's just sitting on my vanity. i may give it to my mom. it's a nice white colored textured cream that doesn't have too much "slip" to it but it's not heavy like a cream. i couldn't detect any sort of scent from it. i'm sure it works well for some people but i am not one of them.

on 4/11/2011 5:35:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

This is ridiculously expensive for what it is - but it works. I dont like the glass (hard to transport) or dip your finger in daily method..I like tubes as someone always doing their makeup on the go and I like nonbreakable stuff...

I am not a huge eye cream person (thought people tell me I should use it) so can't comment but I like it - it does make concealer go on quicker- which is why I bought it. I like that I can use at night as well since it has no extra stuff (spf, caffeine). Its nice - but I would have to try some other cheaper brands before I was convinced it was anything special...

I just got the origins ginzing as a sample so I am going to compare the 2. Maybe that for day and BB for night..

I will say -if you are good taking only what you need - it will last a a very long time

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

Fantastic eye cream. This cream leaves a perfectly smooth supple eye area prepped and ready for makeup application. My concealor looks so much smoother and natural, and wears better with this cream to cling to.

I love this because it delivers lasting hydration that other eye creams have failed to do. and i mean throughout the entire day. I spend long hours wearing contacts in a heavily air conditioned office and at the end of the day my undereyes were so dry they stinged! but as soon as i starting using this daily, it has restored the delicate skin under my eyes, making me look well rested and protected. right till i get home, my eyes feel like i just put the cream on and my concealer and makeup glides over it beautifully, preventing any nasty cakiness. i thought the initial price was expensive but you only need to use the most miniscule amount, a jar has lasted me about 6 months used 2x daily. i also love how easily absorbed and light the cream is.

i only started getting small wrinkles under my eye when i failed to protect them so i highly recommend this product as the key to preventing wrinkles due to the lasting moisture. this is what makes it a great first eye cream to try as well.

on 11/29/2010 6:24:00 PM

Seduced by Bobbi's wonderful books, I signed up for a makeup session. The gal insisted I had dry skin and needed to be "dewey" as she was. [My dermatologist has never told me I have dry skin and it's never itchy or flaking]. I DO have senstive skin and can tell at once if something is going to bother me, it literally burns. she put on the hydrating eye cream which immediately burned and tingled. On top of this went the very gloppy concealer which only emphasized puffs and lines. I have no dark circles and I never use concealer as I think it emphasizes puffs, and it sure did. My makeup base is enough to even out that area. I felt as if I wanted to scrape all of it off and splash cool water on my face.

On my eye lids, a gloppy cream base which also collected in the folds and furrows my long interesting life have given me. I have small eyes and short eyelashes so I work hard on eye makeup and frankly mine looks better when I do it. Then of course she had to treat my "dry skin" and slathered on another cream which burned even more and turned my face red. Wiping that off, she applied the liquid foundation which felt very oily to me although she claimed no oil is in it. I bought it because I felt sorry for her but threw it away after it made my cheeks break out.

As I have had problems with milia, I did not want the cleansing oil, and took instead the foaming cleanser. Wow, this was the worst of all. I used it once at home, and got what felt like a bad windburn. my cheeks even scaled over (Yep NOW I have dry skin!) for a few days. I cured it with my Aveeno sensitive skin moisturizer (I DO use moisturizer). I have learned my lesson for makeovers.

I do love Bobbi's brushes and eye makeup and colors. I have a couple of her lipsticks I like although too heavily scented. Didn't know until later that she's owned by Estee Lauder, all of those skin products are too harsh for me.

I recommend the book 'Don't go to the Cosmetic Counter without me".

on 11/16/2010 2:06:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

Luckily I received this product as a sample to use due to past experiences from impulse purchasing, only to find the product clashing with my skin. The SA was very helpful said this was very hydrating. First of all, I didn't find it all that hydrating at all. I have sensitive skin & have phobia of getting the little bumps under my eye from other products. This eye cream was nice for the first 2 days, on the 3rd day, my skin was protesting against it. It started to make my skin sting, red & peel :( Took me a week to get it back to normal again with my usual eye cream. It was a horrible week, my eyeshadows couldn't go on my eyelids properly, it was itchy & I felt so self conscious.I would definitely say it's a NO for sensitive skin type AND it's too pricey. The scent is not all the pleasant either, it doesn't have a heavy scent to it, but it just didn't smell right to me.
I am very glad I got a sample to try it out first.