Revlon Vixen

4.3

I love the colour of this polish! It's a really deep vampy burgundy. However, the formula is a real pain! The polish goes on unevenly and takes forever to dry. After three coats I still thought my nails looked uneven. Once dry, this polish chips and dulls easily. On the first day it has a pretty glossy finish but it fades quickly. I find even with a topcoat it fades and chips easily. It also stains my nails badly, even if I only wear it for three days (even with base coat). I have no problems with the brush or bottle. The best part about it is the price and colour. If I could find the same colour in a better formula I'd buy that instead!

If I could have only one color nail varnish, this would be it! Valentine a close second. Like Chanel "Vamp" but not as "gothy" on my light skin.

And you can't beat the price!

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

I love the color but it dries my nails out really badly if I leave it on for more than 4 days. It's been a month since I last used and removed it and I can still see the white marks on my nails.

I bought this colour only because I couldnt find "plum attraction" which was all sold out at my drugstore when it was buy on get one free. I really wanted a purple polish, and without really thinking, i grabbed this one, thinking it was purple.
Darn it. It wasnt a purple. It's more of a vampy burlesque-dancer-like reddish burgundy kinda colour. What can I say? the colour just isnt for my liking.
All i gotta say is that the revlon polishes are great. Nice application, long-lasting, opaque unless nude, and nice packaging. Just that Vixen is an ugly colour

I loved the colour. It is the "correct" dark red on my fair asian skin. Not too gothic, not too wannabe, just very office and yet sexy looking. Applies well too; even and pigmented enough. Wears well. No complains.

However as with all Revlon nail polishes, I realised that the thin brush does not really suit me, I prefer a thick brush for fast even strokes. The nail enamel tends to dry out fast too, unless you use it weekly to the last drop.

Great dupe of Chanel Vamp, and is very much like Essie Wicked. Pretty decent quality. Love vampy n/p.

Skin: Other, Other, Warm

Revlon Vixen is a dead ringer for L'Oreal Stroke of Midnight (or is L'Oreal SoM a dead ringer for Revlon Vixen?) In any case, if you have one you don't need the other. Both are a gorgeous blackberry/eggplant creme. The consistency of the Revlon is thinner and thus faster drying, but somehow more opaque. The formula of the L'Oreal tends to be streaky and deposits unevenly, even after the second coat. However, the L'Oreal is glossier and has a slight jelly finish, thus I prefer the L'oreal. I just did a test with Vixen on my pinky/ring finger and SoM on my 3rd and pointer fingers and I honestly could not tell the difference with my naked eye.

Every woman needs this color in her arsenal. But if you already have a similar shade, you won't need Vixen. continued >>

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I love this color! It's an ultra deep burgundy red, I've found that Revlon has great knockoffs for pricier polishes like Chanel. It hasn't really chipped for me and when it has, it was because I didn't wait for it to dry for long enough.

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

The color is gorgeous but I had to return it. I am not sure if I got a bum bottle but it was very streaky, hard to apply and had little blobs of color mixed in. Maybe the bottle was old. I may repurchase at some point and hope it was just that particular bottle but Revlon has so many great colors I may just stick with another one. I never had a problem with Revlon polish before.

"Vixen" is my HG colour... unfortunately I had to stop buying it because of its lousy quality. It bubbles up on my nails no matter what I do or what base and top coat I try (and I tried a lot of them.) It kind of breaks my heart because I can't seem to find a better replacement for its colour, but the bubbling was so terrible it was not worth it. I won't buy it -- or any other Revlon polish -- again.