July 30, 2014 | 2039 users online

Polishes - Revlon - Vixen

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/1/2009 2:27:00 AM More reviews by Natashia

I loved the colour. It is the "correct" dark red on my fair asian skin. Not too gothic, not too wannabe, just very office and yet sexy looking. Applies well too; even and pigmented enough. Wears well. No complains.

However as with all Revlon nail polishes, I realised that the thin brush does not really suit me, I prefer a thick brush for fast even strokes. The nail enamel tends to dry out fast too, unless you use it weekly to the last drop.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/22/2009 3:53:00 PM More reviews by UrbanHibiscus

Great dupe of Chanel Vamp, and is very much like Essie Wicked. Pretty decent quality. Love vampy n/p.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/16/2009 6:35:00 PM More reviews by izzybella

Revlon Vixen is a dead ringer for L'Oreal Stroke of Midnight (or is L'Oreal SoM a dead ringer for Revlon Vixen?) In any case, if you have one you don't need the other. Both are a gorgeous blackberry/eggplant creme. The consistency of the Revlon is thinner and thus faster drying, but somehow more opaque. The formula of the L'Oreal tends to be streaky and deposits unevenly, even after the second coat. However, the L'Oreal is glossier and has a slight jelly finish, thus I prefer the L'oreal. I just did a test with Vixen on my pinky/ring finger and SoM on my 3rd and pointer fingers and I honestly could not tell the difference with my naked eye.

Every woman needs this color in her arsenal. But if you already have a similar shade, you won't need Vixen. continued >>

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 1/29/2009 9:19:00 PM More reviews by allurette

I love this color! It's an ultra deep burgundy red, I've found that Revlon has great knockoffs for pricier polishes like Chanel. It hasn't really chipped for me and when it has, it was because I didn't wait for it to dry for long enough.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 1/20/2009 4:07:00 PM More reviews by newyork00

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

The color is gorgeous but I had to return it. I am not sure if I got a bum bottle but it was very streaky, hard to apply and had little blobs of color mixed in. Maybe the bottle was old. I may repurchase at some point and hope it was just that particular bottle but Revlon has so many great colors I may just stick with another one. I never had a problem with Revlon polish before.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/15/2008 11:48:00 PM More reviews by lyrae

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

"Vixen" is my HG colour... unfortunately I had to stop buying it because of its lousy quality. It bubbles up on my nails no matter what I do or what base and top coat I try (and I tried a lot of them.) It kind of breaks my heart because I can't seem to find a better replacement for its colour, but the bubbling was so terrible it was not worth it. I won't buy it -- or any other Revlon polish -- again.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/3/2008 10:22:00 PM More reviews by lapome

*PIC* I like Revlon nail polishes because they are 3 big-free (that is, they don't containg dibutyl phthalate (DBP), formaldehyde nor toluene) and they are affordable, altough in general I have some problems with application. I use Mavala 002 base, two coats of colour and then Sally Hansen's InstaDri as a top coat. I haven't experienced chipping problems (my manis never last longer than 2-3 days anyway because I remove at the very firts sign of tip wear).

This is a dark, ripe, yummy cherry red, creme finish. It's as dark as it can get without looking black. I work in a rather conservative environment and wear it to the office (I think I can do it because I wear really short nails and dress rather conservative). For some reason, i feel this is a color for autumm-winter, not spring-summer (season of the year, that is). Be warned, this is difficult to remove (as all dark colors are, ime) and will stain your nails if you don't use a base coat.

I said I won't repurchase because it's unlikely I will run out.. and if I do I will probably prefer to try another shade.

edited 18/nov/2008: i did my mani with vixen last night and must absolutely update to say how yummy, beautiful this shade is. Another point for Revlon: their formula doesn't go bad even if you have had the bottle around for a long while. Who said drugstore brands are underperformers? end of edit

ro for pics, please.

continued >>

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/28/2008 2:18:00 PM More reviews by tuffins

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I have repurchased this several times. It's a beautiful dark, 'vampy' red-burgandy color. I use this on my toes all the time. The staying power is amazing for such a cheap nailpolish. I have to fend my friends off - they love to steal it. With a good topcoat this polish can last for 2 weeks on my toes. I will continue to repurchase! Apparently it looks like Chanel Vamp - I will stick with this! The brush doesn't suck that bad either! I love OPI's prowide brush and it has spoiled me - but this brush isn't bad at all.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/10/2008 6:01:00 AM More reviews by dascha

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This color first came out in the mid-90's, in the wake of "Pulp Fiction" and the whole "Vamp" craze. Total knockoff and great for us poor girls. So I bought some and wore it on my fingernails to work, and this cute guy asked me, "Is that Vamp?" and I said, "No, it's Vixen" and that snappy comeback got me a terrific sexy cool boyfriend. So this nailpolish will hold a dear, dear place in my heart forever. I don't do my fingernails any more, but it's almost always on my toes and I get lots of complements on it. Sometimes I'd like to try something brighter, but I'm a very pale-skinned blonde type who wears a lot of black so this dark red/brown/black color suits my style the most.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 4/1/2008 9:02:00 PM More reviews by expira

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I love this polish! A friend of mine glanced at my toes recently and went immediately out to buy Chanel Vamp. I had to laugh at her--Vixen is a gorgeous color at a great price. Score!