September 18, 2014 | 2105 users online

Moisturizers - MAC - Strobe Cream

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/31/2013 1:10:00 AM More reviews by makeupjunkie35

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Coming from a 39 y/o who does not like greasy shiny looks, I love this product! The only way I have tried/worn it is under my foundation. The first time I used it, I was unimpressed and disappointed being I used too much product. But, once I figured out what amount was good for me, what a difference in how my foundation applies & looks all day! Before this product, I was using Bare Escentuals bareVitamins Skin Rev-er Upper, which seemed to plump my skin and make my foundation look like real skin. It worked wonderfully really, but it did not smell nice like Strobe (in my opinion, though it's scent does fade quickly). With Strobe, you don't see a sheen, shine, or highlight. It's hard to explain. But it makes all the difference to me and I don't want to be without it! Of course, I only use a tiny amount, so you could adjust it to suit your needs. But for me, a little goes a long way. 1. Apply Clinque DDML all over, and around the eyes. 2. BE barevitamins Prime Time original foundation primer, a tiny amount around the eyes + on t-zones. 3. Estee Lauder Double Wear Concealer under the eyes. 4. While the concealer under eyes is setting, apply a small amount of MAC Strobe Cream everywhere else, avoiding the eye area. 5. Then proceed to apply Estee Lauder Double Wear Foundation section by section all over, and then all around the eyes last -even lightly over the concealer. 6. Pat/dab away any concealer area excess, then immediately set with Maybelline Dream Matte pressed powder, or Laura Mercier Secret Brightening Powder under eyes. 7. Proceed with eye makeup ect. You better believe that I will not be without this! As long as it is being sold that is. <3

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/24/2013 7:06:00 PM More reviews by Menolikepolos

I don't have dry skin, but this is a very light moisturizer. For on my "drier" days, I like to use this very lightly to prime up my skin for mineral foundation. If I prep my skin underneath by quickly swiping my T zone with a cotton pad soaked in milk of magnesia (the best oil-control method I've found, better than sillicone primers, blotting powder, etc), this is very wearable without becoming an oil slick later on in the day. It gives a nice sheen to my loose powder foundations so they don't look so matte and unnatural. Great way to give my skin a bit more "life" if it's looking dull.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/24/2013 1:07:00 PM More reviews by Asti1234

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I ADORE my strobe cream. It's the best invention ever! It perks me up on meh days, and really brightens my face. I mix it in with my studio fix fluid to give my face a dewy glow. I put some on my cheeks before applying cream blush which gives a gorgeous sheen. I've even added it to mac face and body foundation, and applied it to my body before a night out, it looks amazing. It's not cheap, but in my opinion nothing compares to it. Love love love.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/24/2013 12:19:00 AM More reviews by Parisa909

A relatively new discovery, albeit a fantastic one! Sometimes I notice that my skin feels a little ‘flat’ when I’ve applied foundation, and felt like it needed a good boost. Strobe Cream gives my skin a nice glow, as opposed to that awful shiny disco ball look! It feels lightweight and my method of choice to mix a squeeze of it with my foundation of choice for a more radiant finish. I find that my foundation applies more smoothly and looks lovely all day long. The only downsides to it are that it has this scent that I cannot place, but my nose doesn’t like it. I also think the packaging makes it very hard to squeeze the cream out.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/18/2013 12:05:00 PM More reviews by 1happytrader10

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Love that I am getting extra moisture and luminosity in one step. I have very dry skin and this wakes it up! It looks great under or on top of my foundation. Who doesn't want to look youthful and glowing?
In combination with studio scuplt applied with MACs 130 brush it truly is a flawless finish.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/17/2013 2:09:00 PM More reviews by thrrrrob

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Very pretty it's a truly pearlescent glow and extremely versatile. You can use it as a liquid highlighter it gives a natural yet irrediscent glow. You can mix it in WITH your foundation in the wintertime if you have flaky skin like I do. You can wear it under sheer foundation for that glowing from within look. SA at MAC told me she wears this by itself on the no makeup days and feel free to try it if you've got virtually poreless skin, but I'll skip that because I do have visible pores. It also lasts a while too which is good because it isn't exactly cheap. Scent can be a little bothersome as it is unscented so it does have that chemical-like smell. Overall a great product but I'm willing to try other brands if I'm done with the bottle.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 1/11/2013 3:13:00 PM More reviews by Hawko

Just a liquid moisturizer, with an ever so slight brightening effect. I can mix my regular moisturizer with a few drops of highlighter and get the same effect.
For my dry skin, it is not moisturizing enough as I often I need to replenish after 3-4 hours, depending on the weather.
Nothing to write home about.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/11/2013 2:13:00 PM More reviews by zoegirly

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

You gotta have this!!
Perfect for lighting areas in your face - under eyes, over lips, over cheeks etc. Or all over face.
Co-workers said I looked so Fresh, the first day I had it on at job. And it does that -makes you look fresh!
Under makeup or over bare face.
Perfect for photos.
Non-clogging.
I have sensitive skin - And my skin love it.
Okay scent.
Perfect for both NC and NW.
A bottle last a very long time.
Use fingers to apply or brush 242 or 188

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/9/2013 11:11:00 PM More reviews by HunterGray

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

One of my favorite secret weapons. When my skin is looking less than luminous, I can apply this under my foundation, mix it in with my foundation, and/or pat it on top of my foundation depending on the "oomph" my skin needs. It hasn't broken me out, and the amount of product you get is refreshingly impressive. I think the scent it nice.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/25/2012 11:39:00 PM More reviews by strobegirl1

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Ahhhh this is the MAC product to end all MAC products. I use this as a highlighter, pick me up and not as a daily moisturizer.
It will be amazing IF you know how to use it. This is a great highlighter that is only rivalled by YSL's touché éclat and Clarins's Flash Beauty Balm. When you use it experiment with what works best for you.
I put a bit on the back of my hand and add a very thin layer all over my face, avoiding my T zone, I will then put my foundation on and using a flat foundation brush with only a little bit of the product I will pat the Strobe cream over my cheekbones, brow bones and a little around the edges of my face. I will then apply my powder highlighter, bronzer, bit more highlighter and the blush.
When applying the best thing to do is use a flat foundation brush and pat it into the skin.
My favourite foundation to pair this with a nice thin one a la MAC's Face and Body.
I love that it has not colour or noticeable tacky shine or glitter. It can be used on ANY skin tone.
I love MAC's strobe cream and would recommend it to anybody, even if you have oily skin. Take care of the oil with your skincare, a good mattifying primer, oil free foundation with oil controling properties and then powder if you still need it. Good luck!