September 17, 2014 | 1729 users online

Cleansers - Avene - Cleanance soapless gel cleanser for oily skin

rated 2 of 5 on 2/6/2013 4:38:00 AM More reviews by george3b

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Black

This is not for sensitive skin. After using the Avene extremely gentle cleanser and breaking out all over I decided to use this to clear my skin up and to return my now oily skin back to normal. I used it only once and although it didnt sting upon application it did feel quite strong. After washing my face with this my skin felt extremely tight and somehow sore. Not sore to touch but as if it has penetrated through my skin and irritated it from inside. It did seem like my spots had gone done but at the expense of my skin feeling uncomfortable. I wont throw it out just but I might save it for the summer if my skin gets super oily as this dries it out completely. I might also use this diluted and see if that makes it any better. For now, as it is winter I dont think I will use this again. I will not repurchase.

Btw, I actually like the packaging. I think it's great for travelling. I understand having a pump may help in dispensing the right amount but if you have to throw it in your hand bag it is just a pain!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/28/2013 9:30:00 PM More reviews by Smashra08

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

Probably one of the best cleansers I have come by. I find this perfect for my skin. I even find that it removes makeup perfectly, although I always double cleanse if I am also removing make up. Very gentle, it has never irritated my skin, even if I double cleanse or happen to use it more than once per day, it doesnt give me that tight feeling at all! I have been using this for about a year now and no plans to give it up

I think this is the perfect cleanser to keep your skin clean and healthy. I dont think this product will help clear away acne, but I dont think any cleanser on earth can do that anyway. But does a great job cleaning the skin without irritation.

A little goes a long way with this stuff, so dont be put off by the price tag. For those that are in AUS, you can get this from chemist warehouse for around $22 AUD which is a steal!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/23/2013 4:15:00 PM More reviews by nikoletta26dd

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Amazing product!!My favorite face cleanser ever!!I will sure repurchase it!!only con the price but I found it cheaper on the internet.Well,It helped a lot my oily skin stay much longer matte and cleaned my face a lot!love it!!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 1/20/2013 12:02:00 AM More reviews by 4eyes

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This is a clear light blue gel that foams but not a lot. Has a light herbal scent that reminded me of that old clairol shampoo - Herbalessence?. Unfortunately something in this gave me a similar rxn to what I got w/ Cetaphil Foaming, but not as severe. My skin got very dry, wth a shriveled, red, blotchy look. A lot of people swear by this, so my skin just does not agree with something in it. I have very oily, but sensitive, acne/rosacea prone skin. Luckily this was a sample, which came w/ an Avene ss I ordered. The sample was of generous size - more like a travel size than the single-use packets many companies use. I would not re-purchase - makes my skin too dry and red.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/15/2013 9:06:00 AM More reviews by MikaM

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I've been using it for 4 years now or even longer & it's definitely my fav gel cleanser. It cleans well and it never left my skin dry or irritated unlike most other cleansers. With other cleansers my skin gets even more oily but Cleanance leaves it comfortable clean.
Lifesaver if you suffer from allergies
It might seem to be more expensive then some other (10 euro=200ml) but you really need just a pea size and can last you about 3,5-4 months if used twice a day.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/9/2013 5:53:00 AM More reviews by otiliaL

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I used just a bottle of this cleanser like 4 years ago but never bought it again, i basically haven't seen any change to my skin, nor good nor bad, it was just like washing my face with water.
No effect at all against acne, against sebum, no nothing.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/29/2012 7:01:00 AM More reviews by kandycool

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

you can sometimes get this on boots.com three for two making it super reasonable. I think it costs around ten pounds. I haveoily acne skin however I have just started Accutane so my skin will change. I use this to remove all my make up. it's really great and thick gel cleanser and you only need a small amount by bottles last forever. I then follow with Liz earl hot polish cleanser to ensure my skin is free from all make up. my skin is never dried out by this cleanser it just feels clean and refreshed. I much prefer this to cetaphil. all scene products I think are good for sensitive skin which can be probe to spots. IWill 've busting the cleanser again and would recommend to anyone

rated 2 of 5 on 12/25/2012 10:43:00 PM More reviews by strobegirl1

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I have acne prone skin thats on the sensitive side. I really liked the scent, texture and bottle of this cleanser. All the external things that don't really matter were great in this cleanser. I used the whole bottle of this day and night for about 4 months.
After using the bottle I decided that I would not repurchase because my skin's oiliness and how much acne I had didn't really change. I always remove all my makeup before cleansing but I never felt like this deep cleansed my skin.
I love a lot of other Avene products but this didn't work for me.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/22/2012 1:30:00 PM More reviews by mecepeda

I have been using Avene's products for some years now (I initially discovered them on a trip to Europe), and have yet to find one that disappoints. This cleanser has to be my favorite though, and it has become a staple in my skincare routine. I have combination/oily skin that tends towards cystic acne in some places - it's an unfortunate side effect of a medication - and this product manages to gently cleanse my skin and keep surface bacteria at a minimum without stripping my face dry. The scent is minimalist clean, and you need a very small amount to wash your entire face and neck (the size of a pea or even a bit less). This means that a little bottle of this product is not nearly as costly as it sounds, because it lasts forever. It is also great for travel because you can take a tiny vial with you, even for longer trips. I also like the unusual lid; it twists to the side to open and allows you to dispense precisely. All in all, this is a favorite that I am happy to purchase online at the few Internet retailers in the U.S. that sell it.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/4/2012 2:58:00 PM More reviews by archi88

I have been using this product more than 2 years now, so I think it is long enough to review avene cleanance gel. My skin doesn't like soap at all. My skin feels itchy and the redness becomes very visible whenever I use any cleanser with soap or sls. My skin type is a combination of oily on t zone while my cheeks are normal. I had roaccutane for six months last year. It really helped me to clear up my skin. I was using Avene before roaccutane, i went on using Avene while Roaccutane, and still using it. I love it. It is very gentle, cleanses really well. And I accidentally opened my eyes while I was at shower; my face was covered fully with avene when I realised that my eyes did not hurt at all. On lazy days, though I know it is better to clean the eye makeup with eye makeup remover, I use Avene for all over my face including my eyes. I swear it cleans better than any eye makeup remover:)) This is a very good product for gentle skin. A bottle goes a long way, about 4-5 months for me; very little of it is fair enough for all of my face. It has a clean fresh smell which I love. I don't think I will ever change my cleanser, I had already stocked another big bottle in my closet -though I do not remember how many of it I had used up-, I wanted my mum to buy it from abroad, since there are larger bottles sold outside than they are selling at Turkey.It is a good combo with avene cleanance emulsion. I have also started to use triacneal for my post acne scars.