December 19, 2014 | 827 users online

Cleansers - Avene - Cleanance soapless gel cleanser for oily skin

rated 1 of 5 on 2/25/2013 4:01:00 AM More reviews by vuvie

I have sensitive skin. Which is not apparent because on most days, it's kind of alright and smooth-ish but oily at the end of the day with some tiny bumps.

This breaks me out so bad I thought I was gonna have pizza face. Out~

rated 5 of 5 on 2/11/2013 3:13:00 PM More reviews by Zandra

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I've used Avene products for years and I still can't believe they aren't as popular as they should be. But all who use the line know how amazing it is for sensitive skin.

My skin tends to be more dry in the winter and more combo in the spring/summer. I LOVE this cleanser to use at night time. It gets rid of all the access oil without over drying. Great for clearing up breakouts. HG cleanser for sure!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/9/2013 6:07:00 PM More reviews by sasie

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

After many years of ill-treating my skin (apricot scrubs-eek!) my skin at 40 was very sensitive, prone to breakouts, oily and dry. I used Philosophy's purity for years, but at some point it started to really irritate my skin. After extensive research on here, i decided to try Cleanance gel (in fact I changed my whole skincare routine to Avene) That was about 3 years ago, and I can honestly say, my skin has never felt/looked better. I double cleanse with the gel twice a day-using it with my my clarisonic about 3 times a week. My skin feels squeaky clean, but never tight or uncomfortable. Though its not the cheapest, its very thick and concentrated, so you don't need much to get a good lather.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 2/7/2013 4:40:00 PM More reviews by TouchOfSin

This is too gentle for my skin to a point where my face looks like it's been washed with water only. But it's a good product when my face isn't that oily, it works well with my brother's sensitive skin.

3 lippies.

UPDATE: Since I started exfoliating my face ONLY once a weekm my face has become a lot less oily and this is great for daily use! I now LOVE IT!

5 lippies now!

rated 2 of 5 on 2/6/2013 4:38:00 AM More reviews by george3b

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Black

This is not for sensitive skin. After using the Avene extremely gentle cleanser and breaking out all over I decided to use this to clear my skin up and to return my now oily skin back to normal. I used it only once and although it didnt sting upon application it did feel quite strong. After washing my face with this my skin felt extremely tight and somehow sore. Not sore to touch but as if it has penetrated through my skin and irritated it from inside. It did seem like my spots had gone done but at the expense of my skin feeling uncomfortable. I wont throw it out just but I might save it for the summer if my skin gets super oily as this dries it out completely. I might also use this diluted and see if that makes it any better. For now, as it is winter I dont think I will use this again. I will not repurchase.

Btw, I actually like the packaging. I think it's great for travelling. I understand having a pump may help in dispensing the right amount but if you have to throw it in your hand bag it is just a pain!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/28/2013 9:30:00 PM More reviews by Smashra08

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

Probably one of the best cleansers I have come by. I find this perfect for my skin. I even find that it removes makeup perfectly, although I always double cleanse if I am also removing make up. Very gentle, it has never irritated my skin, even if I double cleanse or happen to use it more than once per day, it doesnt give me that tight feeling at all! I have been using this for about a year now and no plans to give it up

I think this is the perfect cleanser to keep your skin clean and healthy. I dont think this product will help clear away acne, but I dont think any cleanser on earth can do that anyway. But does a great job cleaning the skin without irritation.

A little goes a long way with this stuff, so dont be put off by the price tag. For those that are in AUS, you can get this from chemist warehouse for around $22 AUD which is a steal!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/23/2013 4:15:00 PM More reviews by nikoletta26dd

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Amazing product!!My favorite face cleanser ever!!I will sure repurchase it!!only con the price but I found it cheaper on the internet.Well,It helped a lot my oily skin stay much longer matte and cleaned my face a lot!love it!!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 1/20/2013 12:02:00 AM More reviews by 4eyes

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This is a clear light blue gel that foams but not a lot. Has a light herbal scent that reminded me of that old clairol shampoo - Herbalessence?. Unfortunately something in this gave me a similar rxn to what I got w/ Cetaphil Foaming, but not as severe. My skin got very dry, wth a shriveled, red, blotchy look. A lot of people swear by this, so my skin just does not agree with something in it. I have very oily, but sensitive, acne/rosacea prone skin. Luckily this was a sample, which came w/ an Avene ss I ordered. The sample was of generous size - more like a travel size than the single-use packets many companies use. I would not re-purchase - makes my skin too dry and red.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/15/2013 9:06:00 AM More reviews by MikaM

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I've been using it for 4 years now or even longer & it's definitely my fav gel cleanser. It cleans well and it never left my skin dry or irritated unlike most other cleansers. With other cleansers my skin gets even more oily but Cleanance leaves it comfortable clean.
Lifesaver if you suffer from allergies
It might seem to be more expensive then some other (10 euro=200ml) but you really need just a pea size and can last you about 3,5-4 months if used twice a day.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/9/2013 5:53:00 AM More reviews by otiliaL

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I used just a bottle of this cleanser like 4 years ago but never bought it again, i basically haven't seen any change to my skin, nor good nor bad, it was just like washing my face with water.
No effect at all against acne, against sebum, no nothing.