September 30, 2014 | 1163 users online

Lotions/ Creams - Yu-Be Moisturizing Skin Cream

rated 5 of 5 on 6/29/2009 8:07:00 AM More reviews by jseta

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This has completely cured my hand eczema. I have not broken out ever since I started using it. I also abuse my hands by trying all kinds of product on them, ie I'm sampling almost everything Lush has to offer. Sometimes I start breaking out from an ingredient or something, so I just take a break and slather on YuBe and my skin is perfect in a couple hours. No joke. This stuff is magic.

My first tube I bought at this fancy pharmacy at SFO for 15 bucks for a tiny tube. I fell in love and asked my dad to look for it in Japan -- like others have said, it's YuSkin A over there. Well he brought back two of the biggest size jars (7 bucks EACH PEOPLE!) and the same size tube I bought at the airport (3 bucks). Enough to last me at least a year or two.

They sell this for 15-50 bucks over here! psh! Someone's getting rich!!

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 6/7/2009 4:43:00 AM More reviews by bloom290

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Curly, Fine Eyes: Other

I've found this product rather disappointing. It seems to leave a tacky film on the skin, which may help retain moisture but feels unpleasant if you've applied Yu-Be to a large area. My skin feels softer initially but the effect seems to quickly fade. I can't imagine purchasing this again when I can pay far less for a superior product.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/24/2009 11:16:00 AM More reviews by frenchconnection

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This stuff is wonderful for chapped lips!! I've tried everything, and this really worked! It's also great for dry feet, knees, and elbows. It's a simple product that helps dry skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/30/2009 2:58:00 PM More reviews by Greenteayummy

Bought this with a gift card and I love it!!! Has an initial smell when you apply it but goes away...totally worth the results^^ My skin feels softer and I noticed that I haven't broken out since using it. Also, reduced the redness I had=) Will repurchase!

rated 2 of 5 on 4/16/2009 1:33:00 PM More reviews by lucytest

This product remind me of my grandma, it smells and feels the same as a camphor ointment she used for her ulcerated chilblain on the heel during the cold and damp winter.

I have no doubt that camphor ointment is a savior during winter, however, Yu-Be is definitely overpriced, I'd rather take a traditional chinese camphor ointment instead of this one.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/16/2009 7:30:00 PM More reviews by kimchimochi

Love this stuff, but in the US it's ridiculously overpriced. In Asia, it's a drugstore product. I recently went to Taiwan and bought some there for about $10.50 for the large tub size plus a bonus purse tube; in Japan I'd imagine it's even cheaper. I'd suggest anyone who wants some buy it from overseas; $24 for a tub is outrageous. Just be aware that in Asia it's sold under its original name "YuSkin A". (The manufacturer's website states that Yu-Be is the name they sell the product under in the US only.)

In any case, it's an excellent moisturizer. I use it on my feet, hands, cuticles, and it's the best lip conditioner I've found. I put a bit on my lips at night, and in the morning I slough off an entire layer of dead white skin, leaving my lips super soft. And a little bit goes a long way, so a tub lasts a really long time.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/14/2009 8:32:00 AM More reviews by maximopark

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I agree this product is ridiculously expensive in the UK/US but if you can manage to get it shipped over from Japan, as i did, it is sooo cheap i got a fairly large tub for about 5.
Anyway i highly recommend this product for anyone with sensitive skin, this was an absolute LIFESAVER for me when i had the worst allergic reaction to benzyl peroxide ever. i looked like a puffer fish and my skin was blistered all over, i tried hydrocortisone cream but it did nothing so i smothered this on and my skin recovered quickly, it is truely amazing stuff.
I now use it on my cheeks in winter or on my lips... anywhere reallly! highly recommend this stuff!

rated 1 of 5 on 12/21/2008 3:36:00 AM More reviews by maconmyface

While this isn't a bad product, it is WAY overpriced for what it does. Unless $25 doesn't really make a dent in your wallet, I would skip this and pick up some Vaseline. This smells strongly of camphor, which isn't pleasant to me. It really does nothing more for me than plain old Vaseline. I strongly regret this purchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/19/2008 9:33:00 PM More reviews by dharbo

I actually like the scent of camphor, to me its very comforting so it wasn't a problem for me. It is strong at first, though. This is non greasy and absorbs pretty quickly and the scent also disappears quickly too. I'm always searching for a good hand cream that I don't have to continuosly apply over and over, with this I don't. I've only had it literally 2 days and am sooo in love with it that once I'm done I am going back for more.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/18/2008 12:27:00 PM More reviews by cranberry7

I am soo impressed with this product. It really delivers. I tend to have dry elbows and I have tried numerous creams, lotions, body butters, etc. This works the best on them. Definitely a new staple.