October 20, 2014 | 1958 users online

Lotions/ Creams - Yu-Be Moisturizing Skin Cream

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/21/2009 12:29:00 PM More reviews by nettimacs

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Tan, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

LOVE LOVE LOVE!!! this is the real saviour of my skin:))) i am already on my 4th tube:)))

rated 3 of 5 on 8/7/2009 3:27:00 PM More reviews by vhemminger

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I really, really loved this moisturizer but cannot stand the smell. Way too pungent. Although the smell fades a little after a bit, everytime I move my hands I get a huge whiff of camphor. However, for those that don't mind that medicated smell, this is a great intensive and lightweight moisturizer that works great, absorbing quickly and cleanly while leaving your hands, feet, ect., silky smooth.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/17/2009 11:40:00 AM More reviews by spiffgirl

I really like this product. It's not cheap, but I find a small amount goes a long way. I tend to have all sorts of little things irritating my skin (on the hands or around my nose from my ever-present allergies) - either making it inflamed, or injuring it in some way. This cream is great for treating those problems. (Other creams have done one thing, such as moisturize, but didn't really treat irritation or injury). And it's a good nighttime lip balm too. I like the camphor smell, the sort of "I'm medicinal and I'm going to work!" smell. Very pleased with this product.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/29/2009 8:07:00 AM More reviews by jseta

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This has completely cured my hand eczema. I have not broken out ever since I started using it. I also abuse my hands by trying all kinds of product on them, ie I'm sampling almost everything Lush has to offer. Sometimes I start breaking out from an ingredient or something, so I just take a break and slather on YuBe and my skin is perfect in a couple hours. No joke. This stuff is magic.

My first tube I bought at this fancy pharmacy at SFO for 15 bucks for a tiny tube. I fell in love and asked my dad to look for it in Japan -- like others have said, it's YuSkin A over there. Well he brought back two of the biggest size jars (7 bucks EACH PEOPLE!) and the same size tube I bought at the airport (3 bucks). Enough to last me at least a year or two.

They sell this for 15-50 bucks over here! psh! Someone's getting rich!!

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 6/7/2009 4:43:00 AM More reviews by bloom290

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Curly, Fine Eyes: Other

I've found this product rather disappointing. It seems to leave a tacky film on the skin, which may help retain moisture but feels unpleasant if you've applied Yu-Be to a large area. My skin feels softer initially but the effect seems to quickly fade. I can't imagine purchasing this again when I can pay far less for a superior product.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/24/2009 11:16:00 AM More reviews by frenchconnection

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This stuff is wonderful for chapped lips!! I've tried everything, and this really worked! It's also great for dry feet, knees, and elbows. It's a simple product that helps dry skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/30/2009 2:58:00 PM More reviews by Greenteayummy

Bought this with a gift card and I love it!!! Has an initial smell when you apply it but goes away...totally worth the results^^ My skin feels softer and I noticed that I haven't broken out since using it. Also, reduced the redness I had=) Will repurchase!

rated 2 of 5 on 4/16/2009 1:33:00 PM More reviews by lucytest

This product remind me of my grandma, it smells and feels the same as a camphor ointment she used for her ulcerated chilblain on the heel during the cold and damp winter.

I have no doubt that camphor ointment is a savior during winter, however, Yu-Be is definitely overpriced, I'd rather take a traditional chinese camphor ointment instead of this one.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/16/2009 7:30:00 PM More reviews by kimchimochi

Love this stuff, but in the US it's ridiculously overpriced. In Asia, it's a drugstore product. I recently went to Taiwan and bought some there for about $10.50 for the large tub size plus a bonus purse tube; in Japan I'd imagine it's even cheaper. I'd suggest anyone who wants some buy it from overseas; $24 for a tub is outrageous. Just be aware that in Asia it's sold under its original name "YuSkin A". (The manufacturer's website states that Yu-Be is the name they sell the product under in the US only.)

In any case, it's an excellent moisturizer. I use it on my feet, hands, cuticles, and it's the best lip conditioner I've found. I put a bit on my lips at night, and in the morning I slough off an entire layer of dead white skin, leaving my lips super soft. And a little bit goes a long way, so a tub lasts a really long time.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/14/2009 8:32:00 AM More reviews by maximopark

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I agree this product is ridiculously expensive in the UK/US but if you can manage to get it shipped over from Japan, as i did, it is sooo cheap i got a fairly large tub for about 5.
Anyway i highly recommend this product for anyone with sensitive skin, this was an absolute LIFESAVER for me when i had the worst allergic reaction to benzyl peroxide ever. i looked like a puffer fish and my skin was blistered all over, i tried hydrocortisone cream but it did nothing so i smothered this on and my skin recovered quickly, it is truely amazing stuff.
I now use it on my cheeks in winter or on my lips... anywhere reallly! highly recommend this stuff!