September 18, 2014 | 1650 users online

Lotions/ Creams - Yu-Be Moisturizing Skin Cream

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/24/2009 11:16:00 AM More reviews by frenchconnection

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This stuff is wonderful for chapped lips!! I've tried everything, and this really worked! It's also great for dry feet, knees, and elbows. It's a simple product that helps dry skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/30/2009 2:58:00 PM More reviews by Greenteayummy

Bought this with a gift card and I love it!!! Has an initial smell when you apply it but goes away...totally worth the results^^ My skin feels softer and I noticed that I haven't broken out since using it. Also, reduced the redness I had=) Will repurchase!

rated 2 of 5 on 4/16/2009 1:33:00 PM More reviews by lucytest

This product remind me of my grandma, it smells and feels the same as a camphor ointment she used for her ulcerated chilblain on the heel during the cold and damp winter.

I have no doubt that camphor ointment is a savior during winter, however, Yu-Be is definitely overpriced, I'd rather take a traditional chinese camphor ointment instead of this one.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/16/2009 7:30:00 PM More reviews by kimchimochi

Love this stuff, but in the US it's ridiculously overpriced. In Asia, it's a drugstore product. I recently went to Taiwan and bought some there for about $10.50 for the large tub size plus a bonus purse tube; in Japan I'd imagine it's even cheaper. I'd suggest anyone who wants some buy it from overseas; $24 for a tub is outrageous. Just be aware that in Asia it's sold under its original name "YuSkin A". (The manufacturer's website states that Yu-Be is the name they sell the product under in the US only.)

In any case, it's an excellent moisturizer. I use it on my feet, hands, cuticles, and it's the best lip conditioner I've found. I put a bit on my lips at night, and in the morning I slough off an entire layer of dead white skin, leaving my lips super soft. And a little bit goes a long way, so a tub lasts a really long time.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/14/2009 8:32:00 AM More reviews by maximopark

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I agree this product is ridiculously expensive in the UK/US but if you can manage to get it shipped over from Japan, as i did, it is sooo cheap i got a fairly large tub for about 5.
Anyway i highly recommend this product for anyone with sensitive skin, this was an absolute LIFESAVER for me when i had the worst allergic reaction to benzyl peroxide ever. i looked like a puffer fish and my skin was blistered all over, i tried hydrocortisone cream but it did nothing so i smothered this on and my skin recovered quickly, it is truely amazing stuff.
I now use it on my cheeks in winter or on my lips... anywhere reallly! highly recommend this stuff!

rated 1 of 5 on 12/21/2008 3:36:00 AM More reviews by maconmyface

While this isn't a bad product, it is WAY overpriced for what it does. Unless $25 doesn't really make a dent in your wallet, I would skip this and pick up some Vaseline. This smells strongly of camphor, which isn't pleasant to me. It really does nothing more for me than plain old Vaseline. I strongly regret this purchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/19/2008 9:33:00 PM More reviews by dharbo

I actually like the scent of camphor, to me its very comforting so it wasn't a problem for me. It is strong at first, though. This is non greasy and absorbs pretty quickly and the scent also disappears quickly too. I'm always searching for a good hand cream that I don't have to continuosly apply over and over, with this I don't. I've only had it literally 2 days and am sooo in love with it that once I'm done I am going back for more.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/18/2008 12:27:00 PM More reviews by cranberry7

I am soo impressed with this product. It really delivers. I tend to have dry elbows and I have tried numerous creams, lotions, body butters, etc. This works the best on them. Definitely a new staple.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/1/2008 5:49:00 PM More reviews by maan84

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I received a generous sample of this moisturizing skin cream. This moisturizer is glycerin-based enriched with vitamin E, B2 and camphor.

This stuff smells like camphor, I don't like the smell at all. It has a salve/cream consistency and is a light orange color when it comes out of the tube. Though no color shows up once applied.
It absorbs pretty well and yes, it is moisturizing. I used it mostly on hands, lips and face (on dry spots). Because of the bad scent and the hefty price tag I wouldn't buy a full size product of Yu-Be Moisturizing Skin Cream.

To sum it up, this is just an average cream. I don't understand the hype. continued >>

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/17/2008 10:37:00 AM More reviews by pmnixa

Yu-Be Moisturizing Skin Cream is an ointment for dry skin that is from Japan. I got a sample from Sephora and used it on my nose that was sore from having a cold, and it really helped heal and protect it, and fast (overnight). It's glycerin based and has a bit of camphor and vitamins. The camphor gives a little tingle, but it's not very strong and goes away after a few minutes. It has a rich, whipped consistency and it's light yellow (supposely from the natural color of one of the vitamins). I think this is great for chapped skin and other skin problems but not for maintaining moisture on otherwise healthy skin. (too strong for that). To me it's similar to Aquaphor - I would use it instead of that product. I like it better because it's not petroleum based and has vitamins so it seems like it's better for your skin. Only gripe is it's a tad expensive ($24 for a 2.75 oz jar) but a little goes a long way.

Update: Used this on my 2- month old son's face - he had dry rough skin and some red bumps from that. Aquaphor didn't help it but after a few days Yu-Be helped heal his skin!

Some information from yu-be.com on the product:

INGREDIENT BENEFITS:
Glycerin - Natural "Humectant" attracts and retains moisture in the skin, making it softer.
Vitamin E - Natural anti-oxidant and skin protector.
Vitamin B2 - Helps to smooth rough or damaged skin - also gives Yu-Be it's natural yellow color.
Camphor - Helps soothe minor skin irritations and improves blood circulation - mild scent dissapears in minutes leaving skin feeling healthy.

COMPLETE LIST OF INGREDIENTS:
Glycerin, Water, Isopropyl Myristate, Stearic Acid, Glyceryl Stearate SE, Triethanolamine, Tocopheryl Acetate (Vitamin E), Glycyrrhetinic Acid, Camphor, Riboflavin (Vitamin B2), Hydrogenated coco-glycerides, Stearyl Alcohol, Polysorbate 80, EDTA, Methylparaben

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No