LUSH Celestial

3.9

Vanilla Water (Vanilla planifolia), Almond Oil (Prunus dulcis), Almond Milk (Prunus dulcis), Glycerine, Fair Trade Cocoa Butter (Theobroma cacao), Fresh Dove Orchid Extract (Dendrobium), Cetearyl Alcohol, Stearic Acid, Triethanolamine, Methylparaben, Propylparaben,.

on 9/19/2012 3:16:00 PM

I bought this a few years back, it seems thicker in consistency then and there seem to be some tiny tiny lumps. I love it during winter month. Fast forward to few years later, I find myself going back to it because as I grew older, I find my skin getting drier. However, this time round, this cream isn't that thick and doesn't smell as strong of vanilla anymore. This is a bummer but perhaps this is because of the different batch. However, I still love it. Comfortable on the skin and on the nose.

on 8/9/2012 11:31:00 PM

Seemed to work wonders for my dry flakey skin in the winter. It's very thick, rich, and calming/soothing but after using it multiple times it seemed to be making my skin even drier. It's one of those moisturizers that seems to just sit on top of the skin and never completely soak in. It is a bit greasy but not overly so. Maybe it didn't work well for me because I have too dry of skin, I don't know. It is expensive but will last a long time since only a tiny bit is used each time.

on 7/23/2012 7:23:00 PM

The smell of this is just divine. It smells like rice pudding! It's quite concentrated in the jar, but once it's on my face, the smell is just gorgeous.
Celestial is very moisturising and it leaves my skin super super soft. Babysoft :)
But it absorbs very very slowly. After applying there is a greasy, waxy film left on my face, so I use this at night and when I wake up my skin is soooo unbelievebly soft.
There's one big flaw in this little pot of heaven and that's the jar itself. The lid is just a tiny bit too big for the pot, so when I put this in my bag when I'm going somewhere, a lot of product gets stuck in between the "ribs" at the top. It doesn't seem runny enough to leak, but I won't risk it anyway.
But well, that's only the jar.

on 6/30/2012 10:08:00 AM

I love, love love this one! I've been searching long and hard for a moisturizer that is effective, pleasant smelling (I am sensitive to smells) and within my budget. My first love is a product way out of my budget (guerlain orchidee) and it was through my search to find some of the key elements in this product that I found celestial (they share some key ingredients). The consistency is light, easily obsorbed and without a hint of stickiness. For me the fact that there is no sunscreen is a plus because I prefer to use photostable sunscreen during the day and at night i obviously don't need any sunscreen.

i strongly recommend this product.

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

Wow, this is the second time I've purchased Celestial in the past four years, and I have no clue why I stopped!

When you open the jar a sweet almond milk scent greets you. The cream is rich and thick, great for dry skin like mine. Upon using it ONE time, my fine lines DISSAPEARED (hours later- still GONE!) my skin is warranting my friends to rub it and sniff it, I'm getting compliments from my male friends on my skin (I have eczema but this is like wearing foundation, it blurs all my imperfections) AND my skin feels smooth, hydrated, incredible. In one use after years of using other moisturizers. Ontop of all that, Celestial performs better than dare I say... Gorgeous?! YES! But that's just my opinion. I hope this works wonders for you too.

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

I love this for the cold harsh winter months! After spending whack loads of money trying to find a moisturizer with no spf (I'm allergic and get tiny red bumps all over) and moisturizing enough for canadian winters, I decided to get a sample from lush since I had never tried their products before and read some decent reviews. I used that sample in a week and had to go back for the normal size. Although, I think in the summer time this may be a little too greasy for my skin, I will definitely re purchase though when winter comes back full force (in like 4 months lol)

Hair: Blond, Kinky, Fine

I did like this moisturiser.
I was in the Lush store looking for a simple yet effective all natural moisturiser that did what it was supposed to.

I think Celestial is the second cheapest facial moisturiser at Lush.
It smells to me like light almond cream; a very nice, light and non-offensive scent.
I use it at night and wake up in the morning with bright, supple skin.
Sinks into the skin at a reasonable pace which I like. A nice night (or day) moisturiser for the summer months.

To be fair I have only used this a couple of times, but those couple of times it left my skin quite dry.. and since I do have combo oily skin it was so weird for me to have that tight uncomfortable feeling. On the plus side, this smells awesome, like vanilla.

on 2/3/2012 3:02:00 PM

This is a great moisturizer for those with very dry skin. I bought mine on a beach vacation after my skin suffered a lot of damage/dryness. At the time, I thought it was a miracle product because after I used it, my skin felt fantastic. It was moisturizing, but did not induce oiliness.

After bringing it home, however, I kept breaking out after using it. I think that it was the packaging, not the formula. If it came in a tube - which is more sanitary than a jar - it would not pick up on dirt/bacteria from the environment. I know that LUSH does not like to use tube packaging. If it did, I would purchase this product again.

on 1/27/2012 5:17:00 PM

My skin gets pretty dried out in the winter, though it remains oily in the T-zone. A Lush salesperson recommended this moisturizer to me when I was complaining of red, itchy, dry winter skin.

It's a lovely moisturizer that leaves my skin smooth, soft, and happy. The only trick is, unless you have REALLY dry skin, you should only use a pea-sized amount for your entire face. It works best for me if I apply while my skin is still damp, starting on my cheeks (which need the most moisture) and spreading to other areas, leaving my oiliest spots for last so they get hardly any moisturizer on them.

I had previously been using virgin coconut oil as my moisturizer, and still do when I need a LOT of moisture (like after a harsh clay masque), but for everyday purposes, Celestial is great.