John Frieda Brilliant Brunette Shine Release Moisturizing Shampoo

3.7

WATER, SODIUM LAURETH SULFATE, SODIUM LAURYL SULFATE, GLYCOL DISTEARATE, DIMETHICONE, COCAMIDOPROPYL BETAINE, CETYL ALCOHOL, BETAINE, COCAMIDE MEA, FRAGRANCE, GLYCERYL OLEATE, GUAR HYDROXYPROPYLTRIMONIUM CHLORIDE, BENZYL ALCOHOL, CARAMEL, DISODIUM EDTA, MALIC ACID, LAURETH-4, LAURETH-23, SODIUM CHLORIDE, GLYCINE, SODIUM XYLENESULFONATE, SODIUM HYDROXIDE, THEOBROMA CACAO (COCOA) SEED BUTTER, PRUNUS AMYGDALUS DULCIS (SWEET ALMOND) OIL, PEARL POWDER, METHYLCHLOROISOTHIAZOLINONE, METHYLISOTHIAZOLINONE, LECITHIN, ALCOHOL, RETINYL PALMITATE, TOCOPHERYL ACETATE, MAGNESIUM ASCORBYL PHOSPHATE

on 7/2/2009 3:11:00 PM

I was really disappointed with this product. I really wanted to love it. I bought the shampoo and conditioner because they were in sale. I used them for a week and I started to notice that my hair was dry and dull and this doesn't happen that easily. I had expected a lot from this products but I guess the brand has just good marketing. I love the smell and the packaging though. I didn't notice any spectacular shine, only a couple of hairs that were lighter, but that's all. I will use them until they run out but I will probably not buy them again. What a shame!
*** EDIT *** I have to rate it even worse because it really dries my hair. Only because I do love the smell I will use both shampoo and conditioner to wash my make-up brushes but they will never again touch my hair! :(

on 6/26/2009 2:33:00 AM

I gave this a two because of what it did for my hair color. It definitely brightened it up and brought out golden tones. I also gave it a two because that's really all it accomplished. It seems like whenever I use a shampoo that's not Pantene Pro-V, my hair starts shedding like crazy...which is what happened with this. My hair also got a lot oilier a lot faster when I started using this. I usually wash my hair every other day or so, but with this I had to do it every night. Not fun, not good for your hair either. To be fair, a lot of moisturizing shampoos have that affect on me...I guess my hair has enough natural oils that using a moisturizing one throws it off...but yes, definitely will not be repurchasing.

on 6/25/2009 10:09:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Other, Medium

This just did nothing for me. I used to use it when I was a brunette. It didn't make my hair any shinier or healthier looking. and It smelled bad

on 6/23/2009 1:38:00 PM

ive tried to many different shampoos, but will stick with this one for now. it smells so good, and i love they clear squeezy bottle! you can see when you're running out, plus you can squeeze every last drop out. it has def improved the colour of my hair :)

on 5/26/2009 2:26:00 PM

I was so pleasantly surprised by this product! I use Kerastase shampoo and conditioner and for a reasonably priced brand it sure gives that a run for it's money! My hair looks great using this product and i thoroughly recommend it to you. Do try!

on 5/15/2009 10:19:00 PM

I started using this shampoo and conditioner and the texture of my hair changed overnight as well. It stripped the moisture and the color out of my hair. I asked my friend who is a hairdresser and she said this product is made to release shine for brunettes, what that does is cause the hair color to strip and cause warm colors to appear. So I was left with copper color hair after using this product. I was very disappointed in this product.

on 5/8/2009 1:19:00 PM

This is my current fav shampoo. It smells really nice and fresh, leaves my hair with shine, and enhances my natural highlights! It might take a month or so of use of this to see the enhancing results, but it's very pretty! Also, I used to be one of those people who would go through shampoo like crazy because my hair was so thick, but not so with this one. It lathers really well and a little goes a long way.

on 4/25/2009 12:04:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I decided to try this shampoo based on the great reviews here at makeupalley. After about three months of using it, I will say it is an ok shampoo. It did not dry out my hair or make it look frizzy. It just cleaned my hair.The smell is ok as well, it is a mild cocoa scent. I will not buy it again because it leaves bumps on some parts of my scalp that are tender to the touch. I am probably allergic to something in this shampoo. Also it stains my rubber shower mat and some parts of my tub, which is really annoying.

on 3/14/2009 6:28:00 PM

My hair has never looked as good as when I use this. Just looks smells and feels gorgeous. Love it, buy it again and again!

on 3/3/2009 12:46:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

I love this shampoo. Its the best. I alternate this with a L'oreal shampoo and It keeps my color shiny.

Popular Shampoos