December 19, 2014 | 855 users online

Shampoo - John Frieda - Brilliant Brunette Shine Release Moisturizing Shampoo

rated 2 of 5 on 6/26/2009 2:33:00 AM More reviews by arabprincesa

I gave this a two because of what it did for my hair color. It definitely brightened it up and brought out golden tones. I also gave it a two because that's really all it accomplished. It seems like whenever I use a shampoo that's not Pantene Pro-V, my hair starts shedding like crazy...which is what happened with this. My hair also got a lot oilier a lot faster when I started using this. I usually wash my hair every other day or so, but with this I had to do it every night. Not fun, not good for your hair either. To be fair, a lot of moisturizing shampoos have that affect on me...I guess my hair has enough natural oils that using a moisturizing one throws it off...but yes, definitely will not be repurchasing.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 6/25/2009 10:09:00 PM More reviews by Ssephora

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This just did nothing for me. I used to use it when I was a brunette. It didn't make my hair any shinier or healthier looking. and It smelled bad

rated 5 of 5 on 6/23/2009 1:38:00 PM More reviews by pol4r19

ive tried to many different shampoos, but will stick with this one for now. it smells so good, and i love they clear squeezy bottle! you can see when you're running out, plus you can squeeze every last drop out. it has def improved the colour of my hair :)

rated 4 of 5 on 5/26/2009 2:26:00 PM More reviews by GoldenKatie

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I was so pleasantly surprised by this product! I use Kerastase shampoo and conditioner and for a reasonably priced brand it sure gives that a run for it's money! My hair looks great using this product and i thoroughly recommend it to you. Do try!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 5/15/2009 10:19:00 PM More reviews by KelliaC

I started using this shampoo and conditioner and the texture of my hair changed overnight as well. It stripped the moisture and the color out of my hair. I asked my friend who is a hairdresser and she said this product is made to release shine for brunettes, what that does is cause the hair color to strip and cause warm colors to appear. So I was left with copper color hair after using this product. I was very disappointed in this product.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/8/2009 1:19:00 PM More reviews by LolaBrw

This is my current fav shampoo. It smells really nice and fresh, leaves my hair with shine, and enhances my natural highlights! It might take a month or so of use of this to see the enhancing results, but it's very pretty! Also, I used to be one of those people who would go through shampoo like crazy because my hair was so thick, but not so with this one. It lathers really well and a little goes a long way.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/25/2009 12:04:00 AM More reviews by drdoodles

I decided to try this shampoo based on the great reviews here at makeupalley. After about three months of using it, I will say it is an ok shampoo. It did not dry out my hair or make it look frizzy. It just cleaned my hair.The smell is ok as well, it is a mild cocoa scent. I will not buy it again because it leaves bumps on some parts of my scalp that are tender to the touch. I am probably allergic to something in this shampoo. Also it stains my rubber shower mat and some parts of my tub, which is really annoying.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/14/2009 6:28:00 PM More reviews by TinkyBlink

My hair has never looked as good as when I use this. Just looks smells and feels gorgeous. Love it, buy it again and again!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/3/2009 12:46:00 AM More reviews by arikabh

I love this shampoo. Its the best. I alternate this with a L'oreal shampoo and It keeps my color shiny.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/24/2009 10:07:00 PM More reviews by utopiancity

I think this is a surprisingly good buy.

Price: Depending where you get it, it's around CAN$9. It sometimes goes on sale though so keep your eyes opened!

Scent: This is a little difficult to describe. It's a mild creamy scent with a hint of cocoa or some sort of nutty flavor. It doesn't make your hair smell like food though. After washing it out, it leaves a nice, clean scent.

Texture: Creamy, but not too heavy. Only need a quarter sized for my shoulder-length hair and it bubbles up really well. Because I only need so little, I find that a whole tube lasts me a good 2 months at least.

Effects: Very moisturizing. When I first got it, it was the summertime and I found that it was a bit too heavy on my long straight hair. During the wintertime though, it's fabulous. Doesn't weigh my hair down and gives it just the right amount of moisture. I use it everyday and I love it!

It comes in tube form so it's easier to squeeze out the excess towards the end. I'm a shampoo whore and I've used many different brands from drugstore brands to higher end salon brands. I find that this one really gives you great value and great hair. Definitely recommend.