July 30, 2014 | 1896 users online

Mascara - Cover Girl - Professional Mascara

image 0image 1image 2

• Price: $

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/11/2011 7:20:00 PM More reviews by CrystalNicole017

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I really like this mascara. I was looking for a basic mascara. I already have long eyelashes I just wanted something to make them darker and feel like I'm not even wearing mascara. So far out of every mascara I've tried this one feels the most natural. I've had no problems with clumps it divides lashes well too.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/6/2011 10:02:00 PM More reviews by strawberrykitten

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I'm really torn about this Mascara.

In generally, I'm not a Mascara person. I've tried Laura Mercer, Urban Decay, most drug strore brands, the only ones that I've really liked are NYX Doll's Eyes Waterproof (hard to get where I live) and Sephora store brand Mascara (not waterproof and smudges like crazy after a few hours).

This one...

Well, it builds well and holds a curl. It is much better looking and more effective than the last Mascara I tried (L'Oreal Telescopic) and doesn't make my lashes stick together or feel like they're made of plastic (Maybelline Collosal).

However, it's a thick formula, smells bad, and the color is so matte (I have shiny black hair) that it looks a little fake.

I probably won't return it and, in a pinch, would buy it again. (Because Mascara is exhausting and I'm not willing to throw away more money on crap that might or might not work.) But if I could get my hands on NYX any where in my area? Wouldn't touch this again.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 6/6/2011 4:56:00 PM More reviews by salhon

I bought this in brown. It seems ok to apply, but I do think it is a little dry going on (right out of a new tube). I only put 1-2 coats on since I don't like clumpy mascara. I only like very natural mascara. I am currently using the Clinique Double Lash. It is my favorite mascara so far, but I have been looking for a cheaper replacement. The Clinique makes my lashes look thin and long and noticeable, but not thick or clumpy. To test this one (Cover Girl), I wore it a few days in a row. I discovered that I was constantly "aware" of my eyelashes. I had never "felt" my eyelashes before. To test it again, I put the Clinique on one eye and this one on the other. I wore both of them all day. Once again, I was really "aware" of the Cover Girl one. The Clinique one felt like I had nothing on my eyes, just light and not noticeable. I think something in this Cover Girl mascara gives "weight" to my eyelashes, making my feel them. I am back on my hunt for a drug store mascara that looks nice and natural and doesn't have noticeable weight when I wear it. I will not be repurchasing this one.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/29/2011 11:00:00 AM More reviews by BarbItalia

Who knew? CG's Lash Blast is my HG mascara; I adore the big fat brush but sometimes it's hard to get at the roots of my outer lashes 'cause I have little fish-shaped eyes. So during a CG sale I set out to find a sister-mascara with a thin brush. Honestly, I never even noticed this blue tube before but it was $4.99 and BOGO and I wanted it only to pre-coat my outer lashes root to tip; how could I go wrong? Well WOW. This stuff is fabulous! Absolutely perfect just on its own! I apply my first coat with this, then build with my Lash Blast but in truth one can use only this and get great looking lashes. Removes easily with my Rimmel Eye Makeup Remover. When I looked this up on Productville I was so pleased to see that others have discovered this treasure as well.Don't hesitate to try this!

rated 4 of 5 on 4/30/2011 7:01:00 PM More reviews by rachel5788

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I used this but with the curved brush because I love curl and I hate eyelash curlers but it curled them for the most part. But I had to put on a TON to get some volume. But once I did it was gorgeous. Oh, but don't get the waterproof kind. I did for a wedding because I cry A LOT and by the end it was running down my face. Plus I was a bridesmaid so everyone saw- it was a bad situation. This just takes up way too much time to put on plus I'm a product whore lol.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/23/2011 10:43:00 PM More reviews by Soulsbeat

This mascara is pretty basic. It was the first one I've ever tried and it made my lashes a LOT longer considering how I have stubby asian lashes. It also made them darker and noticeable, but not in an overly dramatic way. However, it didn't give much volume and also didn't hold curls very well, and this I wouldn't recommend to asians who have pinstraight lashes. I was lucky to have lashes that are naturally not pinstraight- somewhat like a mild-ish curly? When I curl them, one eye's lashes would completely flop down after awhile, and I'd need to curl it again.

This is good for it's price and is buildable and washes out easily. It doesn't smudge, clump (in fact, it really defines your lashes), or produce those falling chunky thingies.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/16/2011 6:19:00 PM More reviews by Mischievous1

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is my go to mascara. It was the first mascara I started using when I was a teen. It doesn't smudge, doesn't make my eyes water and makes my lashes look curly and feathery when used with a lash curler. You can easily use 2-3 coats of this and it doesn't make your lashes clump together.
It would be the perfect mascara for someone who is just starting to wear makeup but doesn't want to pay a lot of $.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/15/2011 1:01:00 PM More reviews by babycupcakesz

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

So I bought this at Walmart for $3, and I'm glad I did.
This mascara is PERFECT for length. The results were longer looking lashes. It didn't add too much volume, unfortunately; hence the name "all-in-one" mascara, I was a bit disappointed.
This mascara barely clumps. I like how the product has a "stopper", which prevents excess product being "stuck" onto the wand.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/14/2011 5:47:00 PM More reviews by suzan88

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Hated this.....really irritated my eyes and did absolutely nothing for my lashes. Went in the garbage.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/5/2011 9:36:00 PM More reviews by loveoutdoors

Read reviews so I had to try for myself. This mascara is the best I have purchased in its price range (blue tube- professional all in one mascara). In fact I like it every bit as much as Lancome. No flake or smudge, can get a nice everyday look or build for evening. I will definately repurchase and stick with this brand!