April 19, 2014 | 877 users online

Mascara - Clinique - Lash Building Primer

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/31/2010 12:55:00 PM More reviews by bebe7

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This is a pretty good primer. Non irritating, very smooth to go on. It really softens up my lashes, and lengthens them. On me, it does not seem to do much volume buildup. The only con I have with it is it doesn't seem to hold my curl. The product is pretty heavy and it weighs my lashes down after they've been curled. Overall, it's a decent primer, and it does its job of lengthening my lashes. It's also pretty cheap compared to other brands. I would buy this again, but I'm still looking for a better one.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 5/15/2010 1:52:00 PM More reviews by acpope11

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

WOW! i'm so glad i have mutual feeling with people in other reviews for this product! its so soft and amazing because if i use this and extend my lashes where i want them then all i need with regular mascara is a couple coats because the white is so easily covered up! & thats conserving regular mascara! i also love that this primer is soo SMOOTH and SOFT on lashes! it also makes lashes stay longer!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/5/2010 9:14:00 AM More reviews by sonjabra

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I purchased this out of curiousity and have to say that it was a great purchase!

The lashes on my left eye are stubborn - they are shorter than on my right eye and have less volume, but with this primer, things really even out.

I have used it with my 3 HG-mascaras now: False Lash Effect, Masterpiece Max and 2000Calories by Max Factor, and this primer takes all 3 of them to the next level, I have lashes up to my brows. And those 3 are great to begin with, but this primer makes them even better.

Can't live without it anymore. I will also try the MAC-primer as I'm curious about that one aswell. However, I'd totally buy this one again!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/24/2010 8:13:00 AM More reviews by kamalika

Very soft and doesn't clump- even when I don't let it dry fully, it doesn't clump when I apply mascara. Makes lashes look darker, thicker, fuller and more defined when used under any mascara. Also excellent for those with sensitive eyes- I'd totally buy this again.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/20/2010 5:33:00 PM More reviews by kmaness930

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I've only been using this for a couple days. I love clinique mascara, but I'm not pumped about this. Urban Decay is definitely better!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/18/2010 10:20:00 PM More reviews by cnabbey88

I really liked this mascara primer. I felt it worked well with not just the clinique mascara but others as well. It built up my lashes without irritating them and made my lashes look good. It's kind of pricey ($14- not bad but not something I can splurge on frequently) and I haven't had it in a while. Overall nice product and would buy again when I have more cash. :)

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/13/2010 5:51:00 PM More reviews by MMarie

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is my second lash primer i have tried, my first was PX. I really like this one and got it on sale at Sephora. It doesn't clump and always adds in making my lashes extra long and full. Definitely recommend for all to try if they are looking to give their mascara a little help.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/10/2010 11:16:00 AM More reviews by rachie78

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have only tried waterproof Maybelline (dual end mascara) primer prior to this, which was great for lengthening, but it was very difficult to wash off even with makeup remover (probably due to the waterproof formula).

I like this product because not only does it add volume and length, it is very easily washable. I can even wash this off my lashes with Cetaphil Gentle face cleanser, which hardly even gets the mascara off my lashes most of the time. It feels very soft to put it on, almost like a lash conditioner. I have long lashes naturally, and this product makes my lashes look fake (in a good way)!

This product doesn't come off as bright white as the maybelline, so it wasn't as good to make colored mascara "pop", but I definitely like this better. I layer this under Dior mascara.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/23/2010 10:52:00 PM More reviews by Lilmisssammy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

You need this. Seriously, this lash primer is one of the greatest products on the market. You can put it under ANY mascara (except waterproof, cause it'll make it not waterproof...) I get compliments where ever I go when I use this primer. Your eye lashes will love it too! If you are looking to add volume and length to your lashes, this is the perfect stuff for you! I cannot live without this primer.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/16/2010 11:20:00 AM More reviews by flairgirl8

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I have been and EL lash primer devotee for years. Looking to save some money I decided to try the Clinque lash primer which is about $5 cheaper. I applied EL primer to one eye and the Clinque lash primer to the other and honestly, I could not tell the difference. They both work extremely well to thicken and lengthen lashes and keep mascara from flaking off. I actually like the Clinique lash wand better as it is longer than EL. What is great is that the lash primer works with any mascara that I use from Dior to drugstore Rimmel. Using a regular crimping eyelash curler, primer, mascara then a heated eyelash curler gives me amazing length and curl. Great product and definitely worth trying. No irritation whatsover from this. A .16 oz tube sells for $13. Update: I am deducting a lippie because this starts to dry up before I am halfway through the container. Also, it does not contain the moisturing ingredients that EL primer has.