October 25, 2014 | 1747 users online

Styling Products - Aveda - Purefume Brilliant Humectant Pomade

rated 4 of 5 on 7/6/2003 1:05:00 AM More reviews by ljlibra

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Gives nice texture and smells good, (a rarity from Aveda) and keeps curly hair moisturized.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/21/2003 1:39:00 PM More reviews by kitten75

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

One of my HG hair products. I have fine, straight hair and have used this for years to tame flyaways and to define ends. And the smell? Totally addictive.

Warning: I use an extremely small amount, any more and my hair gets weighed down and greasy looking.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/26/2003 8:21:00 PM More reviews by Elizabethhoye

Really good pomade. I love most of Aveda's products. This one is exceptionally good. I usually use it hair that is 90% dry. Light apply a dab of this stuff to my hair. And then dry for one more minute on a low setting. Draws moisture to curls in a dry climate.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/24/2003 12:02:00 PM More reviews by vivster

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have Asian long straight hair. A Small dab goes a long way to give the extra moisture, sleekness, softness, and shine.
Cons: very thick, weights hair down, smells a bit funny.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/30/2003 2:17:00 AM More reviews by canesfan

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have been using this product for a couple of years for my curly hair. It is non-greasy and holds without holding. I need to use another product in combination with it - like a leave-in conditioner - for best results. Also, they have recently cheaped out on the packaging - used to be a glass jar, now it's plastic; added a tiny amount extra (.6 oz to be exact) and jacked up the price. All that aside, I still love this great-smelling pommade!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/12/2003 9:31:00 PM More reviews by joannaB

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

a clear, thick silicone gel (an interesting, non-stringy, non-sticky texture) in a cool, blue glass jar. it smells great and adds a nice sheen and minimal separation to the hair. can get greasy when overdone. did i mention the cool blue jar?

rated 5 of 5 on 1/29/2003 3:21:00 AM More reviews by glassofwater

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have no idea how this product works, but it smells gooood! Whenever I have a date ( heh, yeah right!) Well, whenever I fantasize about going on a date- this stuff would be one of the last things I reach for before I meet him. With my past boyfriends this has always made them weak in the knees, and I still use it today to woo people. It's always the same reaction. I see people sniffing around me and then getting a complicated look on their face and exclaming,' What smells so good?!" I always play it off and act really cool about it. Mind you the darn pomade costs about the same as illegal drugs ( like $18 an ounce!) I even had this one guy who pledged his alliance to the Nation of Islam for years( yes, Malcolm X) change his mind, and pledge his alliance with me. The smell of this was the first thing he commented on when we met. I am sure it was this was the stuff that opened up his mind. Either that or my charming personality, heh! Honey, the stuff will win him over. The secret is between you and me.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/21/2003 2:44:00 PM More reviews by Pradachica

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Pretty greasy. I would recommend either Redken Glass or PM Gloss Drops instead.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/22/2002 1:20:00 AM More reviews by Grayson

I looked like a huge grease ball after using this product! I think it's more for people with curly hair, not straight.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/23/2002 12:20:00 AM More reviews by Marianne

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I love the way this smells... the only thing is that I have straight hair. I use it to tame fly-aways, so one jar lasts forever and smells soooo nice!