Aveda Brilliant Humectant Pomade

4.1

Aqueous Extracts of Aloe, Kelp, Flaxseed, Oleth-10 (Plant Oils), PEG 25 Hydrogenated Castor Oil, Glycerin (Coconut Oil), Isopropyl Palmitate (Palm Oil), Diisopropyl Dimerate (Mineral Oil Substitute), Sorbitol (Corn), Hydroxypropyl Bisstearyldimonium Chloride (Detangler), Methyl Gluceth-20 (Corn), Aveda's Own Pure, Natural Preservative Fragrance Containing Geranium & Other Essential Oils, Grapefruit Seed Extract, Methylparaben (Food Grade), Propylparaben (Food Grade), Diazolidinyl Urea (Allantoin)

I can't believe that I haven't reviewed this until now! This is my HG hair product. It is a *great* smelling pomade that, for me, acts as both a leave-in conditioner and a styling aid. I have stick-straight hair but this works great for me anyway (the product is designed for curly hair). I use just a touch on either almost all the way dry or dry hair before styling (concentrating on my ends)...then, I either blow dry with round brush or use a large barrel curling iron or flat iron. It protects my hair from the heat, helps it hold the style, gives my hair that "piecy-ness" that I love, and gives incredible shine and awesome scent. Warning: use just a touch of this or it will make hair look greasy. I have my two best friends and sister-in-law hooked on this as well (and we all have different hair types). A jar of this will last a very long time, which is good because it is so expensive, but so worth it! I hope they never stop making this!

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

This stuff made my hair feel like strands of fiberglass. The smell turns my stomach. Good thing it comes in very small packages, so it wasn't much of an investment (still overpriced, for what is basically a sample). For some reason, I kept this stuff for 2 years before throwing it out, though.

Why did I wait so long to try this! Well, actually it was the price. To me, $18.00US is a lot to pay for some hair junk, no matter how cool the jar is :). Plus, I was more than happy with the TRESemme Hydrology pomade I normally use. But all the good press I've heard on this finally won out. I'm really glad it did. I do believe I have found a new Holy Grail product! This revitalizes my thick, wavy/curly hair like nothing else! After combing my hair, I rub a scant fingertip full of the product between my palms and smooth it on. My hair magically separates into gorgeous frizz-free ringlets and stays that way all day! The texture of this pomade is fantastic. Not too sticky, not too thick or waxy. And, it actually washes off your hands with minimal effort! I still think the TRESemme is a good product, but this pomade is just plain easier to deal with. UPDATE 04/03/04: I still
think this is one of the best pomades on the market for thick, curly hair. Unfortunately, the hubby's allergies just couldn't handle the smell. He begged me to stop using it. Luckily, I found Ouidad's Clear Control pomade. Similar texture, far less fragrant! continued >>

Gives nice texture and smells good, (a rarity from Aveda) and keeps curly hair moisturized.

One of my HG hair products. I have fine, straight hair and have used this for years to tame flyaways and to define ends. And the smell? Totally addictive.

Warning: I use an extremely small amount, any more and my hair gets weighed down and greasy looking.

Really good pomade. I love most of Aveda's products. This one is exceptionally good. I usually use it hair that is 90% dry. Light apply a dab of this stuff to my hair. And then dry for one more minute on a low setting. Draws moisture to curls in a dry climate.

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I have Asian long straight hair. A Small dab goes a long way to give the extra moisture, sleekness, softness, and shine.
Cons: very thick, weights hair down, smells a bit funny.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I have been using this product for a couple of years for my curly hair. It is non-greasy and holds without holding. I need to use another product in combination with it - like a leave-in conditioner - for best results. Also, they have recently cheaped out on the packaging - used to be a glass jar, now it's plastic; added a tiny amount extra (.6 oz to be exact) and jacked up the price. All that aside, I still love this great-smelling pommade!

a clear, thick silicone gel (an interesting, non-stringy, non-sticky texture) in a cool, blue glass jar. it smells great and adds a nice sheen and minimal separation to the hair. can get greasy when overdone. did i mention the cool blue jar?

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I have no idea how this product works, but it smells gooood! Whenever I have a date ( heh, yeah right!) Well, whenever I fantasize about going on a date- this stuff would be one of the last things I reach for before I meet him. With my past boyfriends this has always made them weak in the knees, and I still use it today to woo people. It's always the same reaction. I see people sniffing around me and then getting a complicated look on their face and exclaming,' What smells so good?!" I always play it off and act really cool about it. Mind you the darn pomade costs about the same as illegal drugs ( like $18 an ounce!) I even had this one guy who pledged his alliance to the Nation of Islam for years( yes, Malcolm X) change his mind, and pledge his alliance with me. The smell of this was the first thing he commented on when we met. I am sure it was this was the stuff that opened up his mind. Either that or my charming personality, heh! Honey, the stuff will win him over. The secret is between you and me.

Popular Styling Products