L'Oreal True Match Super-Blendable Makeup SPF 17

3.3

Active: Titanium Dioxide (3.01%) Inactive: Water, Isododecane, Cyclopentasiloxane, Glycerin, Cyclohexasiloxane, PEG-10 Dimethicone, Methyl Methacrylate Crosspolymer, Butylene Glycol, Dimethicone, Isoeicosane, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Cetyl PEG/PPG-10/1 Dimethicone, Sodium Chloride, Polyglyceryl-4 Isostearate, Hexyl Laurate, C9-15 Fluoroalcohol Phosphate, Isostearyl Neopentanoate, Diazolidnyl Urea, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Tocopherol, Panthenol, Alumina, Methicone. May Contain: Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides, Mica, Yellow 5 Lake, Red 7, FIL B34903/3. (Taken from packaging, 12/2010, USA)

on 3/15/2015 9:01:00 PM

I used to love love love this foundation. Don't know what some people are talking about. It doesn't settle in my dry patches and I have quite a bit!! I have combination skin, but dehydrated acne prone. I kept rebutting this. It's an amazing choice IF you don't have acne prone skin. I can't guarantee that this is what caused the breakouts on my cheek area, since I am always trying new cosmetics, however I just seemed to notice it really has been keeping my acne alive. Unfortunately, I cannot buy this again due to the breakouts I am so trying to avoid.

on 3/14/2015 7:10:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

I'm gonna keep it short and simple. I needed a foundation that won't break me out so I tried this after watching Michelle Phan rave about this product.

Pros
- great colour selections, there's cool/neutral/warm toned
- has spf
- super blendable
Cons
- looks cakey and drying, also clings onto dry patches
- light coverage, doesn't hide acne
- oily from 1-2 hour
- so much glitter in this
- no pump
- oxidizes, i looked a bit orange after a while

Bought this for 11$. Honestly, super disappointed.

on 3/11/2015 3:05:00 AM

Was so disappointed with this product. Looked and felt so cakey on my face. After all the rave on YouTube and beauty guru blogs I was sure this foundation was going to be the holy grail of drugstore products... Sadly it was not. Looked was too cheap. Returned it the next day.

on 3/9/2015 1:47:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

It is the only foundation I keep going back to.
It has light to medium coverage, which looks natural and not cakey at all, it is super blendable, it adjusts to the skin tone nicely and has a little bit of "sparkle" which makes the skin look dewy and luminous.
The only bad thing is that it makes dry patches on the skin look horrible, so you really need to moisturize before or avoid it if you have ance or spots that are drying out.
Other than that it's a really good affordable foundation with a nice packaging that comes with a pump (at least in my country it does).

I'm going to start by saying that before this foundation, I was going back and forth between revlon color stay and Mabelline super stay foundation. I love them both and I always tend to go back. So after watching many many many YouTube tutorials on the true match products (original and lumi) I've decided to give both a try... I started with the lumi, then tried the original. The color range is very sparse... I don't like that I can never find the perfect shade. I use true match in n4 buff beige. It is pretty close to my skin tone as I am a bit tan all year round... But I find it does oxidize to a darker shade just a bit if there isn't enough powder to set it ... Other then that it applies amazingly and gives amazing coverage ... A lot of people say it's light coverage but I find it is a full coverage foundation and I do have very red and problematic skin. After a couple hours of wear It still looks very nice as if I just applied it... My skin is combination so where I do get oily the foundation still holds up. But I do have to say I will repurchase this for sure :)

on 3/6/2015 7:17:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

It's a decent foundation for the price, which is pretty reasonable price. The coverage is build able and goes on as medium coverage with just a small amount. My only issue is, this foundation oxidizes. In the store, I matched perfectly as a W7, but after a few hours (like 1-2 hours later) it oxidized & made my complexion look 3 shades darker. It's really frustrating to try to find your shade in the store cause whatever shade that comes out the bottle will look like something entirely different after an hour of wear. I've decided to try a shade 2x lighter and hoping it will oxidize out to my complexion. Key point : once you actually find the right shade, it's a really decent snd affordable product

Skin: Normal, Medium Brown, Not Sure

This is a decent makeup. I was able to find my match easily and it looked good on me, but the coverage is not great. It is very sheer and made my skin break out constantly. I have combination skin (oily in my t-zone, normal on cheeks). So this is not ideal, but for someone with normal skin it's an ok daily foundation.

You definitely need concealer because this doesn't cover blemishes or hyper-pigmentation. Also, there is no pump. So the product just spills out. I got used to it and figured out how to measure a good amount, but the packaging is not the best.

A little background: When I first bought this foundation, I wasn’t a huge fan of it. But that is my fault. I bought it during the summer when I was much more tan. I also bought it when I originally believed I had cool undertones. I have now realized that even though I have some red areas on my face, I have neutral undertones. After getting a high dollar coupon and the foundation going on sale, I decided to give it another try. (Especially because of so many YouTube bloggers have given it great reviews!)

The Review: The foundation is very liquidy and I am not a huge fan of the packaging. I would love to see a pump vs. the bottle for cleanliness reasons. I shake the bottle and use what is collected in the cap and put it on the top of my hand. I then wash and dry the lid to prevent contamination to the rest of the bottle. I like a light to medium coverage so a little goes a long way. I take what collects in the lid and put it on the top of my hand. I apply it with a slightly damp ELF powder brush. It blends very well. This foundation makes my skin appear even and is a perfect color match. It doesn’t oxidize and turn orangey whatsoever. It feels very lightweight and not like I have a pound of makeup on my face. Overall, I love it and plan to repurchase.

on 2/26/2015 10:37:00 PM

My skin is a complete mess so it makes getting foundation very difficult. I have an oily tzone but a very dry face overall. I have lots of texture issues because of my acne/acne scarring and hyper pigmentation. I'm on accutane now so it is making my original dry skin go to even drier skin with flaky patches. I have a Walgreens down the street from my house with SUPER nice makeup employees that helped me go through the "try and return" method to pick the best foundation I'm gonna get with my crappy skin. After buying and returning 5 different foundations, we finally came across this foundation! It's by far the best I've ever tried! I still don't look like I have perfect flawless skin, but that is simply caused by having a terrible canvas for a face. There are many things I like about this foundation, and a few I don't like :)

Pros:
-Very little goes a LONG way! (I only pour out about a dime shaped amount with a height of about 2-3 dimes on the back of my hand. I like to use a beauty blender for the best coverage)
-It dries at the perfect time to allow you to put on a layer. If you want to build it up, let the first layer dry a bit before putting on another layer, but be careful! Too much makes it look very cakey.
-Like the name says, it's SUPER blendable. Take your time with this though :)
-It has a wide range of shades. I use neutral soft ivory shade which is pretty close to my white skin :) I think it adapts to your natural color pretty well too :)
-It lasts longer than I expected. About a good 5-7 hours.
-It feels very natural on the skin! It doesn't smear when the skin is rubbed like a lot of liquid foundations. It has medium coverage while feeling very light on the skin :)

Cons:
- Pouring it out :( it's very liquidy so it makes it hard to pour out the right amount without it dripping off your hand.
-I forget what I paid but I know it was a bit pricy. I got it at Walgreens which is pricy in itself but I guess it could be a lot worse!
-For the price, I wish it was a bigger bottle. The glass bottle is only about 2.5 to 3 inches tall.
-If you aren't patient with it, it's not going to look good so for those who can do their makeup in 5 minutes, I wouldn't recomment this for you :/
-If you love using setting powders-loose and pressed- don't use this. Since it dries really well, powder only makes it look dry and cakey. I'm not sure about setting sprays though :/

The only thing I have trouble with is covering my drier acne. My spots tend to flake with different layers of skin and heal with thick layers of skin. I think it helps to use a very good moisturizer (helps combat the dryness of accutane).

Since getting foundation that has the right feel/look/coverage/shade for my skin is extremely difficult, I would definitely but this foundation again :)

Hair: Black, Curly, Fine

I bought one after reading a blogger used it. My skin is oily to dehydrated in the winter with dry patches. This foundation cannot be used in the winter, it is noticeable you are wearing something, I have some black heads in my nose and it is not good....since it has SPF not good for night shoots either, felt like I was a zombie, yellowy. I think this made me aged when wearing it. Probably, for summer works but then I get sweaty because my skin cannot breath with foundations in general. Test it before buy it if you can, maybe works well for others. The coverage is really good though, hope they improve the formula because the price and packaging is not bad.

Video Reviews & Tutorials