February 1, 2015 | 1051 users online

Treatments (Face) - Clarins - Blue Orchid Face Treatment Oil

rated 5 of 5 on 1/1/2012 7:47:00 AM More reviews by Diverjox

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Love the smell of this oil and really enjoy it. I am a new Clarins 'convert' and would recommend this to anyone with dehydrated skin. It is expensive but will last a long time and is worth it. I have used this for three months at night after cleansing, warming in my hands, patting on my face and then gently massaging it in and I find my skin is radiant, hydrated and healthy looking in the morning. Depending on my skin's need I apply various amounts from 1 to 4 drops before bed, it sinks in well and I do not go to sleep feeling oily at all. Even my husband commented on how lovely the scent is. The bottle can be a little messy, I just tip it up on my palm and any excess around the bottle neck I use on my hands! However, I have seen that the new bottle had been designed with a dropper, which I can't wait to get my hands on, next time I buy this.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/27/2011 8:59:00 AM More reviews by MartheNik

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I'm very in between with this product. It does make my face feel amazing when I wake up in the morning, so moisturizing and plumped. BUT I'm pretty sure it's breaking me out. Everytime I'm using for 5-6 days I get alot of blackheads on my forehead and a few spots on my cheeks. When I stop using it they go away in a few days, so yeah... Bummed about that, so I guess I'll have to stick with my NUXE oil for now.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/7/2011 11:04:00 PM More reviews by changmelanny

this is a good oil,just don't overapply too much on your face.my dry patches is gone (because i was over using retin a).the price is expensive but this oil will last long..i use a small straw to get the right amount with this oil..a nice product,before this nothing has ever good enough for my skin, i've tried vitacreme b12, olay, korean brand,etc.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 9/5/2010 5:40:00 PM More reviews by dreamspice

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

So I love using oils on my face. Jojoba oil being my favorite. I swapped for this because of the great reviews and because my skin has been a little dry lately. I followed my normal routine, using this as my moisturizer. I noticed when I used it that it had a strong fragrance but usually natural essential oils don't bother me. After the second night of using this, I woke in the morning suffering from the worst allergy and asthma attack I've had for a long time. Literally I was sick for an entire day. So, if you don't have allergies and asthma, this product may be great for you. Otherwise, I recommend testing it out a couple of times before you buy it (remember initial exposure does not result in an allergy attack - it's the second exposure or later that results in a reaction. Your body can also spontaneously develop reactions to allergens so if you've been using this product for a while and suddenly start developing hay fever symptoms, you might consider discontinuing use and see what happens). Also: the container is annoying - the product just pours out. I'm going back to unfragranced jojoba oil.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/4/2010 8:21:00 AM More reviews by mariella99

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I am on my 3rd bottle of this product - I've been using it for years. In winter time, when my skin is dehydrated, this is the most soothing, moisturising product to apply at night, before bed-time. And the smell is so beautiful too. I even use this on my scalp when it gets dry and flaky. I put a bit of the product on my fingertips and work it into my scalp. It doesn't make my hair greasy at all but gets rid of the dryness. I was uncertain, years ago, about putting oil on my skin (back then, it was oilier than it is now) but this isn't like a typical oil...it absorbs almost instantly and doesn't leave an oily residue.

As others have said, the packaging could be better (a dropper would be nice) but I just put my clean palm over the opening, tip the bottle and then tip it back and that leaves just the right amount of product on my palm. I think I will always use this product.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/11/2010 6:36:00 PM More reviews by Lonz

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Other, Medium Eyes: Blue

If you have sensitive, flaky and dehydrated skin and you make only one expensive skincare purchase this winter, this should be it. Wake to satin-smooth, gorgeously hydrated skin. Beauty in a bottle!
On the downside: Worst packaging in the world. I use a sterilized dropper every night to get some from the bottle, I would have a mini-heart attack if I spilled this.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/2/2010 5:26:00 PM More reviews by zombiestar

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Fine Eyes: Blue

Although this product is quite pricey (can't remember the exact price, I think it was around 45 euros) it will last you FOREVER. Even the tiny sample I got, before I bought the real product lasted me quite a bit.

This product (in combination with some other products from Clarins for dehydrated skin) really saved my skin when it was as its worst. I don't really care for the smell, but it doesn't bother me either. I dab some on every night (the glass container is a bit unpractical, but doesn't really bother me) and let it do its job. I went from hyper-sensitive, flakey, even painful skin (some nights it hurt too sleep with my face touching the pillow!) to normal (yet still sensitive, but not near as bad as it was) to dry skin. I love this product!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/23/2010 7:47:00 PM More reviews by paciodaneza

Problem with the packaging??? I Use the burt's Bees naturally ageless serum dropper and the screw cap fits this perfectly! NO SPILL! This is my night time serum. Excellent! Love the scent and I glow using this.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/23/2010 9:41:00 AM More reviews by Hothead

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I live in a hot humid climate but at night I usually sleep with the AC on.

AC's have a dehydrating effect on skin as much as cold or dry weather does. Many years ago I was told by a friendly cosmetician to try this as the final layer of products which I religiously use on my skin at night. I apply this over a fine mist of Avene spray and let it sink in. My skin is silky and smooth. I use this on my neck and chest also and find that in all the years of use, and at my age, my neck and chest are in great shape. I have even been using it after my night shower on my breasts -- just cause I want to keep them looking their perkiest too.

I love this oil and will continue buying it despite the cost -- it is well worth it to me to keep the Surgeon at bay for the longest time possible.

Highly recommend for dry, dehydrated skins and for those who are exposed to natural and man made elements.

11 out of 11 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 1/23/2010 7:27:00 AM More reviews by sugarplum71

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I was looking for something to put on top of my retin-a (I use it for anti-aging, not acne) and this oil is a great solution. It is quite expensive, but you really only need very little so it'll last ages.. which makes me think that Clarins should sell it in smaller bottles and for less!

It leaves my skin feeling really soft and smooth... sinks in very well unlike pure oils which do tend to sit on the surface. I use about 4 drops for my face and the same for my neck. You're supposed to need only 1, but think it's not enough for my face, esp during winter.

I spray my face with Druide toner then press and smooth the oil on with my palms.

I don't know about the claims of the tightening of hazelnut oil etc, but as a hydrator I'm very pleased.

Definitely worth trying.