August 21, 2014 | 1507 users online

Treatments (Face) - Clarins - Blue Orchid Face Treatment Oil

rated 4 of 5 on 2/2/2010 5:26:00 PM More reviews by zombiestar

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Fine Eyes: Blue

Although this product is quite pricey (can't remember the exact price, I think it was around 45 euros) it will last you FOREVER. Even the tiny sample I got, before I bought the real product lasted me quite a bit.

This product (in combination with some other products from Clarins for dehydrated skin) really saved my skin when it was as its worst. I don't really care for the smell, but it doesn't bother me either. I dab some on every night (the glass container is a bit unpractical, but doesn't really bother me) and let it do its job. I went from hyper-sensitive, flakey, even painful skin (some nights it hurt too sleep with my face touching the pillow!) to normal (yet still sensitive, but not near as bad as it was) to dry skin. I love this product!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/23/2010 7:47:00 PM More reviews by paciodaneza

Problem with the packaging??? I Use the burt's Bees naturally ageless serum dropper and the screw cap fits this perfectly! NO SPILL! This is my night time serum. Excellent! Love the scent and I glow using this.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/23/2010 9:41:00 AM More reviews by Hothead

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I live in a hot humid climate but at night I usually sleep with the AC on.

AC's have a dehydrating effect on skin as much as cold or dry weather does. Many years ago I was told by a friendly cosmetician to try this as the final layer of products which I religiously use on my skin at night. I apply this over a fine mist of Avene spray and let it sink in. My skin is silky and smooth. I use this on my neck and chest also and find that in all the years of use, and at my age, my neck and chest are in great shape. I have even been using it after my night shower on my breasts -- just cause I want to keep them looking their perkiest too.

I love this oil and will continue buying it despite the cost -- it is well worth it to me to keep the Surgeon at bay for the longest time possible.

Highly recommend for dry, dehydrated skins and for those who are exposed to natural and man made elements.

10 out of 10 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 1/23/2010 7:27:00 AM More reviews by sugarplum71

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I was looking for something to put on top of my retin-a (I use it for anti-aging, not acne) and this oil is a great solution. It is quite expensive, but you really only need very little so it'll last ages.. which makes me think that Clarins should sell it in smaller bottles and for less!

It leaves my skin feeling really soft and smooth... sinks in very well unlike pure oils which do tend to sit on the surface. I use about 4 drops for my face and the same for my neck. You're supposed to need only 1, but think it's not enough for my face, esp during winter.

I spray my face with Druide toner then press and smooth the oil on with my palms.

I don't know about the claims of the tightening of hazelnut oil etc, but as a hydrator I'm very pleased.

Definitely worth trying.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/13/2010 7:18:00 PM More reviews by katy42

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Dry, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

A Clarins therapist described the aroma of this oil as "chocolate orange" which is exactly what it smells like! I have been using this for years and purchased another bottle yesterday as it is perfect for winter skin. For best results it should be massaged lightly over damp skin - Clarins suggest after use of their Toning Lotion but a splash of water will do, as the purpose is to use the oil to lock in the moisture. Despite being an oil it is very hydrating and after a few nights use my skin becomes brighter, smoother, more supple and moisturised, and generally able to behave better in cold weather. Yes, it's expensive but one bottle lasts me 2-3 years, as I find I need it more in cold weather when skin is dehydrated, using it for a few nights in a row at a time and then occasional use through the rest of the year. Great as a massage oil as part of a home facial, for soothing irritated itchy skin or when you just want to indulge your senses as well as your skin by inhaling that gorgeous aroma!
Update: have been finding my skin is getting drier (an age thing); winter and air conditioned workplaces mean that by the end of the day my skin can be very dry, tight and parched. I tried using a few drops of this oil in the morning (yes, really!) under my day moisturiser. If it's really cold outside I'll layer another moisturiser over it too. It really does work - my skin is more comfortable and still radiant at the end of the day. Water freezes in the cold so it make sense to use an oil based product to protect the skin. It's worth a try if you have extremely dry skin; if your skin needs it, it will just soak up the oil and I've had no problems putting makeup on afterwards. I hope this helps.

5 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 8/14/2009 10:19:00 PM More reviews by lethargy

This didn't cure anything. I thought it would.
It feels nice going on and it has a nice smell.
That's why I gave it a 2 on it's effectiveness.
The only thing that worked for my skin was not washing it or putting anything on it at all.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/21/2009 3:39:00 PM More reviews by luluhalabaloo

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Unlike the Santal, this made me break out, made my skin itch and in the morning, I looked awful. LOVE the scent, so that's too bad! Just not a great product for me.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/25/2009 5:58:00 PM More reviews by azaleadeez

The scent is too overpowering and lingers until it has been washed off. It is not hydrating enough; some days I still get flaky skin on parts of my face. I find leaving a layer of oil on my skin every night gives me blackheads. Packaging is inconvenient; they should at least incorporate a pump or dropper. Price is alrite 'coz this bottle lasts forever!

rated 4 of 5 on 2/22/2009 12:09:00 PM More reviews by alpha79

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Lovely product. I live on the prairies and have dry skin. This product helps with the inevitable outcome of those two facts. My skin is so dry and tight by January, that I can't wash it with anything more than the cleansing milk. After a week of using this product, my skin feels less tight, more "normal". Highly recommended, though it is expensive, save your pennies!

rated 1 of 5 on 1/24/2009 3:25:00 AM More reviews by HypoCrisy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Made my skin red and itchy after 3 days. Glass bottle is SO not practical. NEXT