Clarins Blue Orchid Face Treatment Oil

4.3

Corylus Avellana (hazel) Seed oil, Pogostemon Cablin (patchouli) oil, Aniba Roseodora (rosewood) wood oil, Parfum, Helianthus annuus (Sunflower) seed oil, Dendrobium Phalaenopsis flower extract, Tocopherol, Linalool, Limonene, Geraniol, Benzyl Benzoate, Coumarin, Eugenol.

on 1/24/2012 12:46:00 AM

Clarins has relaunched its face treatment oil range with a glass pipet application lid design. This makes the oil more easier to handle, although it still gets a little bit messy, since the oil is so liquid that it drips out of the pipet.

I purchased the blue orchid face treatment oil during my winter vacation in Europe and am using this since then in Singapore too. I use it both at day and night. I have dehydrated (dry in Europe) combination skin. But this oil works wonders. It easily absorbs into my skin and perfectly locks up moisture. I would normally have an oily T-zone, but with this oil - surprisingly the oiliness is largely reduced. On days where I drink enough water, I don't even get oily anymore! It feels so natural on my face, it makes my skin feel velvety and plump. For the first time the skin on my face feels so healthy like the skin on the rest of my body.

on 1/9/2012 6:52:00 AM

I've used this product for years, on and off, but have just started to use it every night and it is amazing!
The new dropper packaging is much more convenient and although the price seems expensive, it lasts for ages.
The smell is floral-sweet and it soaks in quickly on my combination skin, not greasy at all. In the morning my skin looks glowing and feels super soft. I won't use any other night cream now, this is a HG product! Beautiful!

on 1/1/2012 7:47:00 AM

Love the smell of this oil and really enjoy it. I am a new Clarins 'convert' and would recommend this to anyone with dehydrated skin. It is expensive but will last a long time and is worth it. I have used this for three months at night after cleansing, warming in my hands, patting on my face and then gently massaging it in and I find my skin is radiant, hydrated and healthy looking in the morning. Depending on my skin's need I apply various amounts from 1 to 4 drops before bed, it sinks in well and I do not go to sleep feeling oily at all. Even my husband commented on how lovely the scent is. The bottle can be a little messy, I just tip it up on my palm and any excess around the bottle neck I use on my hands! However, I have seen that the new bottle had been designed with a dropper, which I can't wait to get my hands on, next time I buy this.

on 12/27/2011 8:59:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

I'm very in between with this product. It does make my face feel amazing when I wake up in the morning, so moisturizing and plumped. BUT I'm pretty sure it's breaking me out. Everytime I'm using for 5-6 days I get alot of blackheads on my forehead and a few spots on my cheeks. When I stop using it they go away in a few days, so yeah... Bummed about that, so I guess I'll have to stick with my NUXE oil for now.

on 12/7/2011 11:04:00 PM

this is a good oil,just don't overapply too much on your face.my dry patches is gone (because i was over using retin a).the price is expensive but this oil will last long..i use a small straw to get the right amount with this oil..a nice product,before this nothing has ever good enough for my skin, i've tried vitacreme b12, olay, korean brand,etc.

on 9/5/2010 5:40:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

So I love using oils on my face. Jojoba oil being my favorite. I swapped for this because of the great reviews and because my skin has been a little dry lately. I followed my normal routine, using this as my moisturizer. I noticed when I used it that it had a strong fragrance but usually natural essential oils don't bother me. After the second night of using this, I woke in the morning suffering from the worst allergy and asthma attack I've had for a long time. Literally I was sick for an entire day. So, if you don't have allergies and asthma, this product may be great for you. Otherwise, I recommend testing it out a couple of times before you buy it (remember initial exposure does not result in an allergy attack - it's the second exposure or later that results in a reaction. Your body can also spontaneously develop reactions to allergens so if you've been using this product for a while and suddenly start developing hay fever symptoms, you might consider discontinuing use and see what happens). Also: the container is annoying - the product just pours out. I'm going back to unfragranced jojoba oil.

on 8/4/2010 8:21:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I am on my 3rd bottle of this product - I've been using it for years. In winter time, when my skin is dehydrated, this is the most soothing, moisturising product to apply at night, before bed-time. And the smell is so beautiful too. I even use this on my scalp when it gets dry and flaky. I put a bit of the product on my fingertips and work it into my scalp. It doesn't make my hair greasy at all but gets rid of the dryness. I was uncertain, years ago, about putting oil on my skin (back then, it was oilier than it is now) but this isn't like a typical oil...it absorbs almost instantly and doesn't leave an oily residue.

As others have said, the packaging could be better (a dropper would be nice) but I just put my clean palm over the opening, tip the bottle and then tip it back and that leaves just the right amount of product on my palm. I think I will always use this product.

on 7/11/2010 6:36:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Black, Other, Medium

If you have sensitive, flaky and dehydrated skin and you make only one expensive skincare purchase this winter, this should be it. Wake to satin-smooth, gorgeously hydrated skin. Beauty in a bottle!
On the downside: Worst packaging in the world. I use a sterilized dropper every night to get some from the bottle, I would have a mini-heart attack if I spilled this.

on 2/2/2010 5:26:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Other, Fine

Although this product is quite pricey (can't remember the exact price, I think it was around 45 euros) it will last you FOREVER. Even the tiny sample I got, before I bought the real product lasted me quite a bit.

This product (in combination with some other products from Clarins for dehydrated skin) really saved my skin when it was as its worst. I don't really care for the smell, but it doesn't bother me either. I dab some on every night (the glass container is a bit unpractical, but doesn't really bother me) and let it do its job. I went from hyper-sensitive, flakey, even painful skin (some nights it hurt too sleep with my face touching the pillow!) to normal (yet still sensitive, but not near as bad as it was) to dry skin. I love this product!

on 1/23/2010 7:47:00 PM

Problem with the packaging??? I Use the burt's Bees naturally ageless serum dropper and the screw cap fits this perfectly! NO SPILL! This is my night time serum. Excellent! Love the scent and I glow using this.

Popular Treatments (Face)