September 19, 2014 | 1625 users online

Conditioner - LUSH - Retread

rated 1 of 5 on 3/27/2011 8:00:00 PM More reviews by mho0311

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

My hair is extremely dry and my scalp gets very oily quickly and Lush "richest" conditioner was absolutely useless and super expensive.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/1/2011 9:56:00 PM More reviews by MaggPye

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Love love love!!! Oh my god. I love this product. My hair has been so fried after bleaching it to platinum blonde two months ago. I tried everything, and decided Retread (even though its pricey) certainly couldn't do any worse than anything else. After the first use, my hair feels like silk, its so lightweight, and already seems less damaged.

I will warn you though. The smell is kinda strange. I kinda like it, but I could see how a lot of people wouldn't. It reminds me a lot of the St. Ives Olive Cleanser because it smells sort of fresh and earthy.

Its $25 CND, and worth every cent. I don't know how I lived without it before. Definitely repurchasing, in large quantities, so I'll never ever be without this product.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/13/2011 7:14:00 AM More reviews by pooni

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Black

makes my hair stronger and smooth ..i use one teaspoon for my shoulder length hair...i even massage this on my scalp ..and rinse it after 2 mins..sometimes i use this as a leave in conditioner ... one tub lasts me for 4 to 5 months.,smell is ok but overall a great product...thanks lush

rated 5 of 5 on 1/6/2011 11:17:00 AM More reviews by an9el3md

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This smells exactly like the BIG shampoo to me. At first I really hated the scent, but its slowly grown on me. There is a bit of a learning curve to this conditioner. Since it doesn't contain silicones, you don't feel any slip. In fact, you can barely even feel any product in your hair at all when you apply it. My hair just gobbled it all up. The key is to not over apply. I see many other reviewers continuing to pile on more and more. It just absorbs fast, but trust me its in your hair. I use a large size dallop, about maybe a 3 finger scoop. My hair is past my chest. I don't apply this to my roots, but I do go pretty high up all the way down to the ends. Once your hair is dry, you get tons of volume and bounce. I love my hair now thanks to this and seanik.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 11/16/2010 2:31:00 PM More reviews by Rapunzelle

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I'm a "cone" free girl so I'm always looking for great hair products with no silicones in them. I'd heard good things about Lush products, and I love using natural, gentle hair products, so I thought I'd give this a go.

Retread is supposed to be moisturizing and repairing to the hair, and give it volume and shine. This did none of these things to my very long dry, not thick/not fine, tangle prone hair.

Scent: considering this is a natural conditioner, the fragrance is very artificial and plasticky smelling. It really stinks! It has almost a tar/petrolium/synthetic smell that leaves a putrid stench in my hair that does not dissipate even after a couple of days.

Texture: it's not runny, but was much lighter weight than I expected, almost like just a regular conditioner. My hair soaked it up as though it was water so I had to keep applying more and more to get it covered.

Slip: I don't expect a ridiculous amount of slip from a cone free conditioner, but this was ridiculous! It almost made it more difficult to get a comb through my wet hair! I had to gob it on to get it to the point where I could try to detangle.

Results: Once my hair was dry, it looked ok. Not horrible, but about par with a cheap, light non-moisturizing conditioner. The ends were still parched, there was no more shine than usual, nor volume. It was basically the same as if I had not used conditioner, except it smelled a whole lot worse.

Value: at $25 for an 8.4oz jar, this is not the greatest value. Even worse, because of the way my hair soaked it up, the entire tub only lasted me four washes!!! Honestly, I wouldn't pay one cent to use this again, let alone $6 a wash, which is what it averages out to!

Packaging: A lot of people hate tubs, but they don't bother me. I like being able to scoop out every last drop of a product.

So to recap: Rank odor, did absolutely nothing for my hair, and a horrible value. I really hope I end up liking my other products from Lush more than this

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/23/2010 11:26:00 PM More reviews by kjmsmm

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I had high hopes for this conditioner - but it wasn't as moisturizing as I had hoped. While I think it is a good product - it is advertised as a triple moisturizer, but I find it to be more of a daily conditioner.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/1/2010 10:26:00 PM More reviews by 601Sparkles

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I am in love with the smell of this conditioner. I seem to have to use alot to get the effect I want and my hair still feels dry afterwards but that is to be expected of lush hair products because they dont contain silicon. I gave this 4 stars because the packaging allows you to get every last bit of conditioner out.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/1/2010 10:16:00 PM More reviews by alabee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

Eh, not a huge fan. I got a sample with one of my orders. I specifically asked for it, too - definitely try this move when you're ordering from LUSH! Just be polite about it.

Anyway, this was much too heavy for my hair (fine, but with a decent amount of volume because there's a lot of it). My hair looks weighed down and a touch greasy because of this. It's not the worst thing ever, but it's not great. Also it smelled like cat pee when I was applying it. This smell dissipated once my hair was dry, but still: unpleasant. 2.5 stars.

I don't think any LUSH haircare works for me. Suave Professionals are my HG, I guess.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/31/2010 3:24:00 PM More reviews by demeter18

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I'm using up the last of my 3rd tub. This is not my daily conditioner though. I've been using it once a week for the past year together with their Big shampoo. I love the subtle and fresh scent it leaves on my hair the whole day. Not your best conditioner out there but probably the best among the Lush hair products.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/31/2010 2:22:00 AM More reviews by AvalonPrincess

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I use this in conjunction with Daddyo. In the pot it does smell well weird, but as soon as it's rinsed out there's no lingering smell and except for the violet scent of my shampoo. My hairs in a fairly poor condition from a college diet and a few other problems. It's typically super fine and frizzes and breaks constantly, I'm losing a lot of hair at the moment as well. Retread is the only conditioner that stops my hair looking like frizzy fluff, though I do still need to use a leave in conditioner as well to get my hair back to the soft ringlets it used to have. Unfortunately it is an expensive product and even on my short shoulder length hair it gets used up very quickly. Other than that though I love it as a conditioner.