December 19, 2014 | 822 users online

Conditioner - LUSH - Retread

rated 4 of 5 on 5/29/2011 12:16:00 PM More reviews by BeneGal

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Medium Eyes: Green

I was recommended this product by a LUSH sales assistant after asking for their most intensive conditioner. I'm currently in a hair repair frenzy after months of neglect, dye and heat styling. My hair was in distress and so was I!

I used Retread as instructed by the SA - towel dry hair after washing, apply lots of Retread, wrap hair in clingfilm and then wrap in a warm towel (while clingfilm is still on). Leave for an hour or so for an intense conditioning session. Of course, you can use Retread like any other conditioner, but if you've got time to spare and hair to save like me, I'd really recommend taking these extra steps.

My hair was extremely soft and shiny after rinsing and drying, though be warned - if you don't wash it out properly you will most likely end up with greasy greasy roots - might be best to avoid applying such a heavy conditioner to roots anyway.

Hair saviour - never ever going back to cheap, useless conditioners!

rated 3 of 5 on 5/26/2011 5:22:00 PM More reviews by Katyrooo

I have medium length curly hair I use a straightener almost everyday .This stuff smells great but it is very watery I could never really feel the super softness like I could feel with other conditioners I uses .I always ended putting globs on to maybe get that feeling not that I expected a fresh out of salon deep condition but non the less i was not wowed . I spent a pretty penny on it as well and did not feel I got my money's worth besides the awesome smell.It also come in a cup form so I always got water in the cup when I went to get another scoop full watered it down even more can't wait to try a different one.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 4/26/2011 3:16:00 AM More reviews by makeupdee

Age: Unknown Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I don't know what to say about this stuff. Maybe I'm not using it right - I think i piled too much on. It seemed to leave my hair (which is damaged and dry) a bit greasy but still frizz prone at the same time. I'll try it again using less product. The biggest downside besides the price is the smell, which is really strange and not pleasant. It reeks very strongly of plastic. I normally am not that bothered by smells but this is not good.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/15/2011 4:38:00 PM More reviews by twestla

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Just bought this today, and tried it out this afternoon after using Lush Big Shampoo. I LOVE the unique smell...it is light & fresh. Since there is no silicone in the conditioner, it doesn't feel like it is doing much. It seems to sink right into the hair at first. My hair is shoulder length and the SA said this was their heaviest conditioner, so to use it sparingly, even though I would be tempted to use more. She said keep it mostly on the ends, to 3/4 of the way up my hair, but to stay away from the roots (otherwise it would undo all the volumizing from Big Shampoo) She told me to trust her, and not be discouraged by the way my hair felt while it was wet. When I got out of the shower, I did have to comb my hair gently, as it was slightly tangled (but not bad). I used a tiny amount of the Lush R&B leave-in treatment while hair was damp, then blow-dried and straightend hair. My hair looks GREAT. Soft, light, full of body - and the smell is fantastic. I am hooked after one use!

rated 1 of 5 on 3/27/2011 8:00:00 PM More reviews by mho0311

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

My hair is extremely dry and my scalp gets very oily quickly and Lush "richest" conditioner was absolutely useless and super expensive.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/1/2011 9:56:00 PM More reviews by MaggPye

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Love love love!!! Oh my god. I love this product. My hair has been so fried after bleaching it to platinum blonde two months ago. I tried everything, and decided Retread (even though its pricey) certainly couldn't do any worse than anything else. After the first use, my hair feels like silk, its so lightweight, and already seems less damaged.

I will warn you though. The smell is kinda strange. I kinda like it, but I could see how a lot of people wouldn't. It reminds me a lot of the St. Ives Olive Cleanser because it smells sort of fresh and earthy.

Its $25 CND, and worth every cent. I don't know how I lived without it before. Definitely repurchasing, in large quantities, so I'll never ever be without this product.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/13/2011 7:14:00 AM More reviews by pooni

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Black

makes my hair stronger and smooth ..i use one teaspoon for my shoulder length hair...i even massage this on my scalp ..and rinse it after 2 mins..sometimes i use this as a leave in conditioner ... one tub lasts me for 4 to 5 months.,smell is ok but overall a great product...thanks lush

rated 5 of 5 on 1/6/2011 11:17:00 AM More reviews by an9el3md

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This smells exactly like the BIG shampoo to me. At first I really hated the scent, but its slowly grown on me. There is a bit of a learning curve to this conditioner. Since it doesn't contain silicones, you don't feel any slip. In fact, you can barely even feel any product in your hair at all when you apply it. My hair just gobbled it all up. The key is to not over apply. I see many other reviewers continuing to pile on more and more. It just absorbs fast, but trust me its in your hair. I use a large size dallop, about maybe a 3 finger scoop. My hair is past my chest. I don't apply this to my roots, but I do go pretty high up all the way down to the ends. Once your hair is dry, you get tons of volume and bounce. I love my hair now thanks to this and seanik.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 11/16/2010 2:31:00 PM More reviews by Rapunzelle

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I'm a "cone" free girl so I'm always looking for great hair products with no silicones in them. I'd heard good things about Lush products, and I love using natural, gentle hair products, so I thought I'd give this a go.

Retread is supposed to be moisturizing and repairing to the hair, and give it volume and shine. This did none of these things to my very long dry, not thick/not fine, tangle prone hair.

Scent: considering this is a natural conditioner, the fragrance is very artificial and plasticky smelling. It really stinks! It has almost a tar/petrolium/synthetic smell that leaves a putrid stench in my hair that does not dissipate even after a couple of days.

Texture: it's not runny, but was much lighter weight than I expected, almost like just a regular conditioner. My hair soaked it up as though it was water so I had to keep applying more and more to get it covered.

Slip: I don't expect a ridiculous amount of slip from a cone free conditioner, but this was ridiculous! It almost made it more difficult to get a comb through my wet hair! I had to gob it on to get it to the point where I could try to detangle.

Results: Once my hair was dry, it looked ok. Not horrible, but about par with a cheap, light non-moisturizing conditioner. The ends were still parched, there was no more shine than usual, nor volume. It was basically the same as if I had not used conditioner, except it smelled a whole lot worse.

Value: at $25 for an 8.4oz jar, this is not the greatest value. Even worse, because of the way my hair soaked it up, the entire tub only lasted me four washes!!! Honestly, I wouldn't pay one cent to use this again, let alone $6 a wash, which is what it averages out to!

Packaging: A lot of people hate tubs, but they don't bother me. I like being able to scoop out every last drop of a product.

So to recap: Rank odor, did absolutely nothing for my hair, and a horrible value. I really hope I end up liking my other products from Lush more than this

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/23/2010 11:26:00 PM More reviews by kjmsmm

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I had high hopes for this conditioner - but it wasn't as moisturizing as I had hoped. While I think it is a good product - it is advertised as a triple moisturizer, but I find it to be more of a daily conditioner.