LUSH Retread

3.5

on 8/9/2011 7:40:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

This is the 2nd hair product I've tried from Lush. Once again, I'm disappointed by the fragrance of the product. It's just too much. I'm not even sure I know what it smells like exactly. All I know is that it's bizarre and I can't deal with it. I used up the container because it was just too expensive not to. I guess I'm just not meant to be a Lush hair care gal.

on 7/8/2011 2:16:00 PM

I like the natural smell, and the way my hair feels soft and silky after it dries. I use a random shampoo (Pantene or TRESemmé) each time and the effect is still the same after this conditioner.

My hair is one inch past my shoulders and I use two finger swipes (each swipe a peaked dollop) for the roots to 3/4 way up. With the remainder goop on my fingers, I gently massaged my scalp so that the hair on the crown gets some but not too much.

I don't find it overly moisturizing but if I use too much of it, I tend to get some back acne.

The price is a little steep for one pot but at least it is working for me.

on 5/29/2011 12:16:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Medium

I was recommended this product by a LUSH sales assistant after asking for their most intensive conditioner. I'm currently in a hair repair frenzy after months of neglect, dye and heat styling. My hair was in distress and so was I!

I used Retread as instructed by the SA - towel dry hair after washing, apply lots of Retread, wrap hair in clingfilm and then wrap in a warm towel (while clingfilm is still on). Leave for an hour or so for an intense conditioning session. Of course, you can use Retread like any other conditioner, but if you've got time to spare and hair to save like me, I'd really recommend taking these extra steps.

My hair was extremely soft and shiny after rinsing and drying, though be warned - if you don't wash it out properly you will most likely end up with greasy greasy roots - might be best to avoid applying such a heavy conditioner to roots anyway.

Hair saviour - never ever going back to cheap, useless conditioners!

on 5/26/2011 5:22:00 PM

I have medium length curly hair I use a straightener almost everyday .This stuff smells great but it is very watery I could never really feel the super softness like I could feel with other conditioners I uses .I always ended putting globs on to maybe get that feeling not that I expected a fresh out of salon deep condition but non the less i was not wowed . I spent a pretty penny on it as well and did not feel I got my money's worth besides the awesome smell.It also come in a cup form so I always got water in the cup when I went to get another scoop full watered it down even more can't wait to try a different one.

on 4/26/2011 3:16:00 AM

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I don't know what to say about this stuff. Maybe I'm not using it right - I think i piled too much on. It seemed to leave my hair (which is damaged and dry) a bit greasy but still frizz prone at the same time. I'll try it again using less product. The biggest downside besides the price is the smell, which is really strange and not pleasant. It reeks very strongly of plastic. I normally am not that bothered by smells but this is not good.

on 4/15/2011 4:38:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Just bought this today, and tried it out this afternoon after using Lush Big Shampoo. I LOVE the unique smell...it is light & fresh. Since there is no silicone in the conditioner, it doesn't feel like it is doing much. It seems to sink right into the hair at first. My hair is shoulder length and the SA said this was their heaviest conditioner, so to use it sparingly, even though I would be tempted to use more. She said keep it mostly on the ends, to 3/4 of the way up my hair, but to stay away from the roots (otherwise it would undo all the volumizing from Big Shampoo) She told me to trust her, and not be discouraged by the way my hair felt while it was wet. When I got out of the shower, I did have to comb my hair gently, as it was slightly tangled (but not bad). I used a tiny amount of the Lush R&B leave-in treatment while hair was damp, then blow-dried and straightend hair. My hair looks GREAT. Soft, light, full of body - and the smell is fantastic. I am hooked after one use!

on 3/27/2011 8:00:00 PM

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

My hair is extremely dry and my scalp gets very oily quickly and Lush "richest" conditioner was absolutely useless and super expensive.

on 3/1/2011 9:56:00 PM

Love love love!!! Oh my god. I love this product. My hair has been so fried after bleaching it to platinum blonde two months ago. I tried everything, and decided Retread (even though its pricey) certainly couldn't do any worse than anything else. After the first use, my hair feels like silk, its so lightweight, and already seems less damaged.

I will warn you though. The smell is kinda strange. I kinda like it, but I could see how a lot of people wouldn't. It reminds me a lot of the St. Ives Olive Cleanser because it smells sort of fresh and earthy.

Its $25 CND, and worth every cent. I don't know how I lived without it before. Definitely repurchasing, in large quantities, so I'll never ever be without this product.

on 1/13/2011 7:14:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

makes my hair stronger and smooth ..i use one teaspoon for my shoulder length hair...i even massage this on my scalp ..and rinse it after 2 mins..sometimes i use this as a leave in conditioner ... one tub lasts me for 4 to 5 months.,smell is ok but overall a great product...thanks lush

on 1/6/2011 11:17:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

This smells exactly like the BIG shampoo to me. At first I really hated the scent, but its slowly grown on me. There is a bit of a learning curve to this conditioner. Since it doesn't contain silicones, you don't feel any slip. In fact, you can barely even feel any product in your hair at all when you apply it. My hair just gobbled it all up. The key is to not over apply. I see many other reviewers continuing to pile on more and more. It just absorbs fast, but trust me its in your hair. I use a large size dallop, about maybe a 3 finger scoop. My hair is past my chest. I don't apply this to my roots, but I do go pretty high up all the way down to the ends. Once your hair is dry, you get tons of volume and bounce. I love my hair now thanks to this and seanik.

Top Rated LUSH Products