Philosophy Resurface Kit - The Microdelivery In-Home Vitamin C Peptide Peel

4.3

The Microdelivery Peel: Bicarbonate Vitamin C Crystals: PEG-6, Sodium Bicarbonate, Oleth-20, Glyceryl Stearate (SE), Silica, Magnesium Ascorbyl Phosphate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Retinyl Palmitate, Citrus Aurantium Dulcis (Orange) Oil, Beta Carotene, Isopropylparaben, Isobutylparaben, Butylparaben, Sodium Hydroxymethylglycinate. Rapid Activation Gel: Water (Aqua), Lactic Acid, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Linoleamidopropyl Pg-Dimonium Chloride Phosphate, Polyquaternium 10, Propylene Glycol, Diazolidinyl Urea, Methylparaben, Propylparaben. 5/30/09

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm

I have very mixed feelings about this product because there are some things that I like but there are A LOT of things that I dont like about this product.

Firstly, I love how it leaves my skin feeling incredibly soft after each application. I feel like every time I apply the peel, my skin feels softer than the time before. And the fragrance of the scrub is just so refreshing and wakes you up, it just kind of brightens your mood. (I know that sounds kind of silly!)

Ok, down to the gritty stuff: this peel has lasted me since Mid-July and I still have about 3 more uses before the scrub is all gone. So as far as longevity goes, i'm glad that I didn't spend $65 for a product that only lasts a month.

I use the peel twice a week so I've already had plenty of applications. With that said, as many times as I have used it I still haven't noticed a difference in changing my skin's texture but I have noticed a difference in the brightness of my complexion. My skin looks less dull and much brighter but I still have unevenness around my cheeks and chin area where I have the most hyper-pigmentation and scarring. So it's frustrating for me to be almost at the bottom of the products and still haven't seen any improvement in my skin's texture. For that, I'm not sure if I will repurchase.

on 10/5/2011 2:26:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Other, Medium

Ok, this may seem pricy but it is totally worth it. I'm so very passionate about philosophy, as it has changed my skin in a very positive way. The micro delivery pel is a product I will continue to purchase over and over again!

on 10/1/2011 3:04:00 PM

I love this so much! My skin glows after I use this. It helps clear up my breakouts which is so amazing. It doesn't make my skin red and it isn't irritating. It doesn't smell bad and it doesn't sting. I get such amazing results and so many compliments. It's expensive, but it's worth it.

on 9/29/2011 3:15:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure

THE BEST AT HOME PEEL YOU CAN BUY.
vitamin c and peptide crystals are first applied and buffed onto the skin to get down and dirty with your dead skin, once your all smoothed out, apply the lactic acid activating gel on top of the crystals and it causes the crystals to liquify, the lactic acid also acts as a delivery system for the freshly liquifid vitamin c and peptides.
it resurfaces, feeds, brightens, tones, and firms within 10 mins, once a week. SIMPLY AMAZING!!!!!

on 9/21/2011 1:43:00 AM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse

Years ago I was given samples of this product from a certain Australian retailer. It *was* amazing. I tried to make those samples last as long as I could, thinking that as a 19 year old student I could barely make rent, let alone justify $140 on a single product.
How wrong I was. I'm 24 now, and years of searching for something better or cheaper has brought me straight back to where I started.
I used this product last night. My skin looks amazing. Glowy, clear, and I could swear that some of my scaring has faded. The only other thing that has ever given me these results is *repeated* sessions of micro.
Last night, I opened my bathroom cabinet to put the Microdelivery Peel away. I noticed all the crap I had purchased over the years while trying to fix my troubled skin - a dusty skincare graveyard. What a waste of time and money. As an old woman once said to me "only the rich can afford to buy cheap things".
I will update with my results from prolonged use. I have somewhat sensitive, combination skin, but I have not had any issues using this at yet.
UPDATE: I found this product to be less effective with time. I use cosmedix products now and love those.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

I bought this because it had such great reviews, but I have to say I'm not as impressed with it as most people here. What I love most about it is that my skin is now so incredibly smooth it's unbelievable. My skin is noticeably brighter, but whether this is a lasting effect remains to be seen.
The only negative aspect of this product is that the jar makes it very difficult to get the exfoliator out. It got a little messy at first until I gave up on using my fingers and used a spatula.
However, while the price is extremely high for so little product and the effects are nowhere near what I expected, I will still repurchase. I have very flaky skin and this has made it so smooth, something that no other product has ever managed to do. I seriously cannot stop touching my skin.

on 9/7/2011 12:53:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

overall experience with this product has been good. 2 step process, but when it says it will "foam" it doesnt foam like soapy foam, so dont get confused and start using more and more just because you dont see the foam.

i use this product twice a week, and so far i have used it for only a week, but its been good so far. my boyfriends sister gave me hers because shes pregnant so she switched to organic products.

i am a fan of philosophy products but the price is major debby downer! but if you have the money to splurge, try this out!

on 9/2/2011 3:45:00 PM

Causes me to break out every time I use it.

on 8/19/2011 9:38:00 AM

This is terrific! I was hesitant to buy this with the high price tag but I am so glad I did. I have never used any peel before and can't believe I have been missing out. I use it once a week and I feel so pampered when I do. It leaves my skin so soft and smooth. My makeup goes on better. I swear my lines and wrinkles are smoother. My pores are smaller also. I don't think it fades my dark areas much but that isn't what I am using it for. I use it for the incredible way my skin feels and looks. I am half way done with my current kit but I will repurchase.

on 6/26/2011 3:51:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I love Thursday and Sundays because I use the peel on these days! This peel is my HG and is the only thing that can extract the blackheads on my nose, and I've tried plenty of products aimed at that with no succession. I also love the silky smooth feel of the skin right after using it. I have oily and kind of sensitive skin, and my skin gets just a little red if I rub it in too hard (even though instructions say to massage, not scrub), but it goes away immediately and it also doesn't give me any stinging or burning that some other peels do. It's great at keeping my face looking and feeling clean.