October 26, 2014 | 1365 users online

Gels/Soaps - LUSH - Figs and leaves soap

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/4/2009 1:28:00 AM More reviews by allThingsGirl

I like this one! I don't know if I'd buy it at full price but definately at the next LUSH soap sale. It doesn't melt away and it lathers up nicely too. I like the composition of the little seeds in it. I actually like the smell -- surprisingly because it's super similar to that cheap motel free soap that they give you in the bathroom. I ripped off the leaves after first use though.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/2/2009 9:06:00 PM More reviews by ianastar

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Very creamy and moisturizing. Somewhat perfumey smelling in my opinion. But very nice in the shower. Seems to be pretty popular but mostly with women.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/7/2009 3:17:00 PM More reviews by ripedwings

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This product I liked a lot but it's not on my fave list. Looking at the bar, I was expecting to have all the leaves/etc fall out while I use it but it's pretty solid. Lathers just like regular soap.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/18/2009 1:18:00 AM More reviews by tito_barf

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I have to wonder if there is a lot of variation in the composition of each bar of this -- the bar I have is like 60% seeds! It actually hurts to use it. I bought a big chunk, unfortunately, so I'm making myself use it up and it lasts forever.
On the plus side, if you have cellulite, frequent use of this will work to minimize its appearance by slightly swelling the skin in that area!

rated 2 of 5 on 12/9/2008 9:24:00 AM More reviews by divinemisscopa

I like this soap, and I agree with other reviews that it's more of a skin massage bar than a soap. Because of the heavy amount of seeds in the soap, I felt I was getting very little lather and was usually left with a big mess in the bottom of the tub after a shower with this stuff. It's okay, but there are other soaps from LUSH offering more bang for their buck.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/29/2008 4:27:00 PM More reviews by Mutschi

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

LOVE!! Cleanses well, doesn`t dry out skin and smells very old-fashioned but in a good way!! I love to keep this in my closet to make my clothes smelll like this great great soap!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/15/2008 7:41:00 PM More reviews by Intermission

This soap DOES NOT SCRUB! acts more like a massage soap! the fig seeds feel very nice on the skin but thats about it... they dont do much.

the soap smells very nice, but a little old-ladyish. still its pretty.

it doesnt bubble too much, or mosturize, and has the usual lush quility of leaving skin tight and filmy!

rated 2 of 5 on 7/7/2008 4:17:00 AM More reviews by Xdevilisious

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I bought this soap because the saleswoman said it would do wonders to make my dry and rough skin soft and silky. As this wasn't the most expensive one I gave it a try.

Pros:
- smells nice
- calms me a bit

Cons:
- I admit that I have really really dry skin but this soap really did NOTHING to make it softer. When I first try a soap I skip bodybutter to see what just the soap does for me. It felt as if my skin would rip if I moved too swiftly.
- The seeds, which are meant to do the exfoliating, are far too rough. They really scratch but not in a good way, this does more damage to your skin than good IMO.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 7/6/2008 8:29:00 PM More reviews by Muartsy

Not my favorite LUSH product. The scent was fair, very mild. But the soap itself was ugly with this blackish, dirty-looking leaf sitting on top. The leaf gets wet and soggy and just kind of gross. Not sure what the point of it is. The soap didn't lather very well and it wasn't particularly moisturizing.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/23/2008 11:16:00 PM More reviews by MELACE112

This is one of my favorite soaps. I love the scratchy texture and the scent is so yummy. This leaves my skin very soft and I am now addicted to lush soaps and they are all I use. The smell is clean mixed with a light scent and it is so nice. The packaging is nothing because it is just wrapped in paper but thats of because it is good for the environment!