July 28, 2014 | 991 users online

Shampoo - Neutrogena - Anti-Residue Shampoo

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/29/2012 5:27:00 PM More reviews by tamedDOLL

I can't decide if I really like this or not, but it's definitely not a bad product. The smell is a bit strong, and it lingers around for a day or two, but I don't find the smell to be too overwhelming. I actually like using this once every 2 weeks rather than once every week. It can dry out my ends a little bit, but nothing a regular conditioner on my ends can't fix for me. I expected great results from this, but I don't notice that big of a difference after using this shampoo. The 1L size is a good deal. I share a bottle with my mom and we shampoo twice with this and we only gone through less than a quarter of it after 3 months.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/22/2012 6:59:00 PM More reviews by leighann12

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is my first clarifying shampoo I've ever used. When I smell it in the bottle, it smells kind of like a hotel shampoo. However, when I used it, the smell was worse - it burned my eyes. I didn't use a mask or conditioner afterwards because I feel like that kind of eliminates the purpose of using it, but when I dried my hair, it's soft and shiny. I have very thick hair, so I don't have a problem with volume but I do with oil. I have to wash my hair every other day so that my hair doesn't look extremely greasy. When I dried my hair, it's kind of oily, but I almost expected that. Overall, for the first time, I like it. And it's cheap for only $5 a bottle (USA).

rated 3 of 5 on 3/4/2012 6:37:00 PM More reviews by RiceBunnyy

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have oily hair, and I have been looking for a good clarifying shampoo for such a long time, and I saw that this was pretty good in all the reviews I read. However when I tried it, the first time it was really nice and my hair was no longer oily for that week, but when I used it the next week ( used once a week) , my hair turned out extremely greasy and oily!! My side bangs separated and stuck into several pieces. Overall, it's not he best product.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/17/2012 2:46:00 AM More reviews by marsqurine

I love this shampoo :) As stated on Neutrogena's website, 'Anti-Residue Shampoo is a shampoo treatment that instantly removes up to 95% of dulling residue caused by shampoos, conditioners and styling products. It cleans hair thoroughly and easily rinses away. Use it once a week, then go back to your favorite shampoo. You'll find that it works better than ever. Works with all hair types.' Actually, I used it every alternate day and I find that it still works fine, as I only shampoo every alternate day. I think that if its used on a daily basis, even when coupled with a good conditioner and leave in hair serum, it might be too much. In the past, even when I alternate this with my favourite shampoos, I feel that this does the job, but my favourite shampoos doesn't feel any different or work any better. The shampoo is translucent and tinted yellow, and because it is not cream-based which are normally more moisturizing, your hair will feel dry. Hence, it is a necessity to use a conditioner or leave in serum after this, as it will leave your hair dry and easily tangled. The 175ml size comes in a transparent rectangular bottle with a gray push cap, so its easy to estimate the amount left to use. Once, I dropped this on the floor and now there is a crack in the lid which I have to be careful when pouring out the shampoo. Normally, I don't really feel much buildup in my hair as I don't use any styling products (hence theres no need to shampoo everyday) so this product is not a necessity for me, but I will still buy a bottle to deep cleanse my hair every once in a while. I don't know about the prices of other anti-residue shampoos in the market, but I will recommend this to anybody who wants a good clarifying shampoo, but I can't repurchase this (even when I would love to) as I am pretty sure that its not sold in drugstores in Singapore anymore :(
Ingredients: Water, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Sodium Chloride, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Glycerin, PEG-40 Hydrogenated Castor Oil, Citric Acid, DMDM Hydantoin, Fragrance

rated 5 of 5 on 2/8/2012 12:33:00 AM More reviews by ashmccord88

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I use this twice a week, It says to use once a week but I get better results from twice. At first I thought the smell was overbearing but I gave it a second change and I actually love the scent! I only gave it some low lippies for the price/size of the bottle. I wish there was more of it for the money I payed. All in all thought its a great product.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/15/2012 10:28:00 PM More reviews by Helenstar

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Yay, I love this product!

I had read so many recommendations for this shampoo when reading up on the Joico K-Pak Reconstructor, so i decided to buy it over the holidays when i saw it on sale.

So glad i did :D

I always thought using professional hair products would pretty much eliminate build up (Matrix and Sexy Hair Concepts for example) and i was super, super wrong. I have very fine hair for an asian and usually use volumising shampoos because its so flat.

The first time i used this shampoo it seemed even flatter, but the second time i had a gorgeous LION'S MANE OF HAIR!!! Lots of that sexy movement at the roots of the hair like you see in shampoo commercials, luv it!

Also, a note on the smell..
From the bottle, it smells like shampoo you get in a hotel. Not bad, but unisex.
After drying the hair: I can't smell it at all on me , and i don't know how people could possibly say they still smell like it days after? How is that possible?
Twenty minutes after a wash there's no cologne-y smell! It can't just be me.

P.S - use it no more than once a week - can't be said enough!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/12/2012 3:39:00 PM More reviews by hinataskid

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

Within the last month I had switched my shampoo to the Finesse shampoo which caused a bunch of problems for my hair. I started to notice a bunch of build up and no matter what I did I couldn't get my hair to appear clean. So I switched to one of my older shampoos that worked wonders in the past and it didn't even get my hair clean. After getting frustrated, I decided to go out and by this shampoo. I follow it as directed on the packaging and also went back to my most trusted shampo and conditioner. My hair is finally looking amazing again and it feels awesome as well. I didn't really have a problem with the smell of this product, it honestly just smelled like a more potent baby powder which doesn't bother me at all since I have a 2 year old. I also didn't have any problem with it drying out my hair but I would recommend FOLLOWING THE DIRECTIONS.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/11/2012 12:45:00 AM More reviews by powersuit

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I really made a mess of my hair the last few months overdoing it with smoothing serums choc full of cones. My nearly fully recovered dry, damaged hair was looking dull and lifeless. I knew it was a massive build up issue, and no amount of regular shampooing seemed to fully rid me of the problem, though I'd quit using the problem products. I finally scoured the drugstore in desperation, asking for the best clarifying shampoo, and that's just what I got! it smells kinda medicinal and odd, but a little of this thick product lathered well and richly, and I left it on for 2 minutes before rinsing. I conditioned and air dried. After, I realized my build up problem was over! Shiny, bouncy, happy hair again! I wouldn't dare use it more than once a week, though. This stuff removes it all, and my hair dries out very easily. But.. it's a great tool if you are hair- care- happy to a fault! My cone products are now acting again like when I first got them- Joy! The only draw back is the smell - you will need the first few days to fully rid your hair of it!

rated 3 of 5 on 1/7/2012 11:36:00 AM More reviews by MichelleWay

This product works really well but it STINKS so I gave it a 3. If it weren't for the nasty smell I'd give it a 5 because it really does work. My bangs get so oily that I have to wash them every day even though I only wash the rest of my hair every 3 days. Lately my bangs just haven't looked or felt clean no matter what shampoo I've used. They've also been flat, dull and generally hard to deal with. After using the Neutrogena my bangs were full of volume and shiny clean but not dried out at all. Unfortunately, the smell made me sick so I have to return it. I should have smelled it before I bought it but oh well.

If you are not sensitive to strong fragrances and need a good clarifying shampoo I highly recommend this one. Just be sure to follow with a good mask or conditioner.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/5/2012 5:36:00 PM More reviews by LilyMakeupEvan

This stuff changed my life! I get so much volume from this product and it really works. I know people hate the smell but I love it! Its like cologne almost. As hair professionals say, our hair can get 'immune' to hair products, so a complete restart is necesisary if you want to use the same shampoo/products forever and this does that! However please dont use more than once a week (I tried that) or else your hair will feel like straw. and make sure to use a good conditoner/mask after this. The picture shows a tiny bottle of 175mL which sells for about $8 CAN but I bought the 1Litre bottle for about $11 (Walmart). This stuff also lasts forever. Im estimating that my 1Litre wont be done until a good 5years, which is crazy, but yeah!
Would I repurchase? Yeah. again and again.
Check out my reviews on other hair products and let me know if this review was helpful or not. :)