October 1, 2014 | 1795 users online

Shampoo - Neutrogena - Anti-Residue Shampoo

rated 4 of 5 on 8/26/2012 11:41:00 PM More reviews by gksk520

I thought this would really dry out my hair and and make it feel like straw but it didn't. I use many styling products and heavy conditioners and treatments everyday, so I really needed to get the gunk out. This shampoo did a good job of doing that and not over-drying it. I didn't even use a conditioner after the shampoo and my hair still felt pretty soft afterwards. I took off a lippy because I noticed a little bit of dandruff the next day, but it wasn't too bad. I took another shower with my regular routine and it it was gone. It's also a bit more pricey than I thought it would be for such a small bottle.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 8/9/2012 9:33:00 PM More reviews by starrysim

This shampoo really dries out my hair, even though I only used it every 2 weeks or so. The smell is strong and medicine-like. I didn't really notice an improvement in my hair, so I don't think I will continue using it.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/7/2012 3:15:00 PM More reviews by vhsale

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

My hair, much like the rest of myself, is very sensitive in the way that if I use certain products, it can get super dry, or super greasy, and it just suffers! So I tried doing the whole dry shampoo thing, and try to wash my hair less. Even if I washed my hair less, my shampoos would still fail me. Until I found this one! :D So Yay!<3 I still wash my hair maybe...three times a week, and dry shampoo on the days I don't. This gives me amazing volume with the right swish that I look for(my hair's almost to my waist in layers, so it's very hard for me to make my hair go swish!). Luckily, the smell does not bother me as much, and it doesn't break me out like other shampoos do. So I'm hoping they'll never ever change the formula, and never ever ever ever discontinue this, because this is such a great clarifying shampoo to get rid of all the gross stuff that can build up in my hair after a full day's work. Anyways, great clarifying shampoo, the smell's netural, not too strong, not too flowery/feminine, and the packaging's great because it comes in a clear plastic container, and yeah! Would definitely repurchase again :)

UPDATE:

I still use this to clean my make-up and hair brushes, but alas, I had to end my relationship with this scalp-wise. My skin has developed a ton of sensitivities and this was just too strong for my scalp to use. It's still a great product and would probably use a seriously diluted version of this when I need to clarify, but right now I'm only washing my hair with just water and ACV, and it works wonders on my scalp!

Anyways, this product's still great for clarifying, still like the smell and everything. But for those with sensitive scalp issues, maybe try a diluted version of this to reduce the risk of flare-ups or excessive flaking.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/7/2012 12:50:00 AM More reviews by HollyG69

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Love this shampoo love the smell, leaves my hair feeling clean Iv'e used this for years and I always have to have one bottle on hand. wish it came in a bigger bottle or at least had a pump.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/19/2012 12:22:00 PM More reviews by Hayxoh

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I'm kind of on the fence about this product still. I've been using it for a few weeks. When I use it, it really dries my hair out. It says you will see an improvement in your regular shampoo after using this product, yet I don't see a difference. I feel that it damages my hair, since it's such a harsh product. I really dislike the packaging, I feel they should have gave more product in the bottle for the price you pay...even if you're only using it once a week. I'm still using the product, but I don't think I'll be repurchasing.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/29/2012 5:27:00 PM More reviews by tamedDOLL

I can't decide if I really like this or not, but it's definitely not a bad product. The smell is a bit strong, and it lingers around for a day or two, but I don't find the smell to be too overwhelming. I actually like using this once every 2 weeks rather than once every week. It can dry out my ends a little bit, but nothing a regular conditioner on my ends can't fix for me. I expected great results from this, but I don't notice that big of a difference after using this shampoo. The 1L size is a good deal. I share a bottle with my mom and we shampoo twice with this and we only gone through less than a quarter of it after 3 months.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/22/2012 6:59:00 PM More reviews by leighann12

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is my first clarifying shampoo I've ever used. When I smell it in the bottle, it smells kind of like a hotel shampoo. However, when I used it, the smell was worse - it burned my eyes. I didn't use a mask or conditioner afterwards because I feel like that kind of eliminates the purpose of using it, but when I dried my hair, it's soft and shiny. I have very thick hair, so I don't have a problem with volume but I do with oil. I have to wash my hair every other day so that my hair doesn't look extremely greasy. When I dried my hair, it's kind of oily, but I almost expected that. Overall, for the first time, I like it. And it's cheap for only $5 a bottle (USA).

rated 3 of 5 on 3/4/2012 6:37:00 PM More reviews by RiceBunnyy

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have oily hair, and I have been looking for a good clarifying shampoo for such a long time, and I saw that this was pretty good in all the reviews I read. However when I tried it, the first time it was really nice and my hair was no longer oily for that week, but when I used it the next week ( used once a week) , my hair turned out extremely greasy and oily!! My side bangs separated and stuck into several pieces. Overall, it's not he best product.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/17/2012 2:46:00 AM More reviews by marsqurine

I love this shampoo :) As stated on Neutrogena's website, 'Anti-Residue Shampoo is a shampoo treatment that instantly removes up to 95% of dulling residue caused by shampoos, conditioners and styling products. It cleans hair thoroughly and easily rinses away. Use it once a week, then go back to your favorite shampoo. You'll find that it works better than ever. Works with all hair types.' Actually, I used it every alternate day and I find that it still works fine, as I only shampoo every alternate day. I think that if its used on a daily basis, even when coupled with a good conditioner and leave in hair serum, it might be too much. In the past, even when I alternate this with my favourite shampoos, I feel that this does the job, but my favourite shampoos doesn't feel any different or work any better. The shampoo is translucent and tinted yellow, and because it is not cream-based which are normally more moisturizing, your hair will feel dry. Hence, it is a necessity to use a conditioner or leave in serum after this, as it will leave your hair dry and easily tangled. The 175ml size comes in a transparent rectangular bottle with a gray push cap, so its easy to estimate the amount left to use. Once, I dropped this on the floor and now there is a crack in the lid which I have to be careful when pouring out the shampoo. Normally, I don't really feel much buildup in my hair as I don't use any styling products (hence theres no need to shampoo everyday) so this product is not a necessity for me, but I will still buy a bottle to deep cleanse my hair every once in a while. I don't know about the prices of other anti-residue shampoos in the market, but I will recommend this to anybody who wants a good clarifying shampoo, but I can't repurchase this (even when I would love to) as I am pretty sure that its not sold in drugstores in Singapore anymore :(
Ingredients: Water, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Sodium Chloride, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Glycerin, PEG-40 Hydrogenated Castor Oil, Citric Acid, DMDM Hydantoin, Fragrance

rated 5 of 5 on 2/8/2012 12:33:00 AM More reviews by ashmccord88

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I use this twice a week, It says to use once a week but I get better results from twice. At first I thought the smell was overbearing but I gave it a second change and I actually love the scent! I only gave it some low lippies for the price/size of the bottle. I wish there was more of it for the money I payed. All in all thought its a great product.