Neutrogena Anti-Residue Shampoo

4.3

Water, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Sodium Chloride, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Glycerin, PEG-40 Hydrogenated Castor Oil, Citric Acid, DMDM Hydantoin, Fragrance (2011 formula)

on 9/9/2013 9:18:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

I have been using it for more then 10 years as a weekly deep-clean shampoo, since a little goes a long way, a bottle would last at least a year and a half. Personally I don't find the scent too chemically. It's a simply great product and I highly recommend for everyone!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This is great as an occasional de-gunkifier. I always make sure to condition well after though, as I think it can be a bit drying. Since I only use it maybe once every two weeks or so, the bottle has lasted forever. Bonus is that it smells awesome--clean but in a more earthy than perfumey way.

on 9/8/2013 9:09:00 PM

Without a doubt, my *hg* shampoo. I have lake water, so I use this shampoo daily. It lathers beautifully, and removes any residual styling product/natural oils from the day. This shampoo was recommended to me by my hair stylist as a way to keep my highlighted hair fresh and bright, and I fell in love with it immediately. I would definitely recommend this product!

on 8/9/2013 12:06:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Red, Curly, Medium

My scalp is dry and sensitive and my hair is dry, short, curly, and color-treated. This clear shampoo is a strong clarifier, so I diluted it with an equal amount of distilled water. It lathers well and is just as effective as a clarifier as using it full strength. However, it still leaves my hair feeling over-dried, so I switched to Alberto VO-5 Clarifying Shampoo, which I also dilute half and half with distilled water, and which is not so drying.
Neutrogena Anti-Residue Shampoo is a great clarifier, whether used full strength or diluted. It's just not for dry hair and scalps.
Of note is that this shampoo has very few ingredients compared to other shampoos. The fewer ingredients the better for those of us who have sensitivities.

I remember having this in our bathroom cupboard as a child. I don't think my parents used it properly though. Nevertheless, fast-forward 15 years and I have now bought this product after reading reviews on this site. I'm glad I did! I used it the other day to replace my LÒréal/Bed Head Tigi Shampoo. It lathered up quite well, however it has a strong scent that reminds me of typical hotel shampoo. I used a deep conditioning product afterwards to replenish my hair with moisture, since as this product strips away residue, it can dry out your hair as well. My hair was extremely soft as it was drying and was softer and shinier than usual after it was all dried and styled! I will keep on using this every 3-4 washes. Hopefully I will see even bigger differences over time.

on 7/29/2013 6:03:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I remember seeing this product in Walgreens for the first time about five years ago, and have wanted to try it ever since. Now that I have it, I'm very impressed.

My hair gets very oily very fast. I'm talking the day after showering. I wake up and my head would be itchy and my hair would look greasy. I made it a necessity to shampoo everyday, which I know isn't good. Thanks to this product, I think I'll be capable of keeping things in check.

So far, I've used this once and the results are pleasing. The smell was a little strange, but not enough to make it lose a lippie, and after washing it out my hair felt leathery, almost fake. When I used my Dove shampoo and L'Oreal conditioner afterward, it felt softer than ever before. Once it was dry, it was absolutely smooth. The effects of this product are amazing. Waking up the next morning and realizing my hair wasn't gross was great. I will definitely continue to use and suggest it to others.

on 7/23/2013 5:46:00 PM

This isn't the best anti residue shampoo I've used, but not the worst. I actually prefer the Suave one to this one. The smell is too strong for my liking and it kind of dries my scalp a bit. But I'll use this until I run out which wont be long because the bottle is small and I'm about halfway through with it.

first clarifying shampoo I've ever tried but I use it once a week. the smell is stinky but it doesn't linger. after washing with it my hair is dry and weird feeling but then j use my wen shampoo my hair feels.so clean and soft and wonderful. I will continue to use this I'm digging it :)

I bought this on sale and just tried it, it's great. I've been using kerestase bain de force protien shampoo for damaged hair and then using the matrix biolage ultra hydrating balm afterwards so once I week I need to clean out my hair. My hair is really damaged but I think this stuff is fairly gentle leaving my hair soft afterwards. And very clean and light feeling.

This is a very inexpensive great find. I definitely recommend. .

on 5/27/2013 1:07:00 AM

Let me start off by saying that this product is AMAZING. I had so much build-up in my hair from my moisturizer shampoo that it made it limp and dull-looking. But I bought this and tried it and my hair feels so clean and soft! I only use this once a week just because it is a clarifying shampoo. It really helps to get all the gunk out of my hair after the week. I'm in love. Will definitely repurchase.