September 1, 2014 | 1537 users online

Loose Powders - Laura Mercier - Secret Brightening Powder

image 0image 1image 2

rated 2 of 5 on 1/25/2012 3:14:00 AM More reviews by earthlili

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Kinky, Medium Eyes: Brown

Oh! I just don't get it! Can't make it work for me. I bought it after having a make over by the consultant at Myers. I wanted the setting powder, but she chose this for me instead. I can't see the difference. Also make me get black heads if I try to wear it too many days in a row (which I did to see if it did make any difference). I won't dispose of it quite yet..... Maybe I will have some kind of break through with it.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/1/2011 8:33:00 PM More reviews by sholden

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I have a love/hate relationship with this product. I love the effect it gives under my eyes and it sets my concealer really well. However, the powder is so fine that it sometimes creeps up my bottom eye lashes and gets into my eyes. This causes eye dryness and vision blurriness. I have to be overly careful when applying. The pot will probably last a really long time but I don't think I'll re-purchase.

5 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/26/2011 5:24:00 PM More reviews by xtinahb

I don't know how this works but it does. After concealing my mild dark circles, a light sweep of this under my eyes with the Laura Mercier mini-fan brush just brightens up the face. I use the #2 as I am a NC30/C4 light tan Asian gal. For the rest of my face (usually just T-zone) I dust with her Invisible Setting Powder or my MUFE HD Powder. But for under the eyes? I ONLY use this Brightening Powder. I am a believer; it really makes a difference and makes me look awake and vibrant!

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 9/24/2011 9:49:00 PM More reviews by danidean

I felt it emphasized my fine lines and pores more so.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 9/23/2011 12:44:00 PM More reviews by ocgirl007

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I returned it got my money back....just bad

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/22/2011 7:04:00 PM More reviews by isseymiyake

I bought this to complement the secret concealer by LM. This definitely helps set the concealer, brightening up the dull under eye area and keeps my eyeliner from smudging. But it is pricy for the amount you get... and the packaging is not travel friendly. As for the application, here is my trick. Turn the jar upside down once, tap the lid to let the powder fall back into the jar. Open the lid, there will be a thin layer of powder remain on the lid, that's what you need for an application. I usually just use my figure for fast application. Press the figure on the jar lid to get the powder, then wipe the figure a few times on the back of the hand to remove the extra amount. Gently press the powder onto the undereye area, starting from the location with fewer fine lines, in my case the outer corner of the eyes. This will prevent you caking too much powder into the fine lines.

11 out of 11 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 8/21/2011 10:09:00 AM More reviews by spoog

hmmm -jurys out on this one. I have awful dark circles, the kind that need a proper concealer, not just a swipe of touche eclat. I used this with my usual dermablend concealer( wonderful btw) and with laura mercier. It does set the concealer but I wouldnt say it brightens. Ive done the one eye done , one eye not test and there is no difference. It doesnt cause too much settling into wrinkles but it does a bit.
Its an ok powder for setting eye concealoer nothing more

rated 4 of 5 on 8/6/2011 2:46:00 PM More reviews by emmamcgrath

I really like this! I got it as a gift but I think it's a bit pricey. The only reason I wouldn't buy it again is b/c I don't think I'll have to! There's SO MUCH product! I've had this for a long time now and I've barely used any. I use this to set my under eye concealer and it works really nicely.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 8/6/2011 12:27:00 PM More reviews by Yoshi3329

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This is my first time purchasing the product and I must say, this makes me feel and look amazing!

It's soft, finely milled (I could tell just by looking at it *^^*), and looks very natural. My goal of makeup first and foremost is for it to always to look natural. And Laura Mercier's powders (this is my second powder I've tried from them) have stayed consistently natural looking. This could also be used on the bridge of the nose to make your nose look taller paired with a matte contour.

5 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 8/2/2011 2:38:00 AM More reviews by eyesopen33

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I just used this on my eyes after putting on concealer and noticed that it causes my eye area to look more dried out, and it also emphasized fine lines. I'll be returning it.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No