November 23, 2014 | 1905 users online

Blush - Wet 'n' Wild - Silk Finish Blush - Mellow Wine 833D

• Price: $

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/6/2011 4:04:00 PM More reviews by beebop808

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

I was just on my way to MAC to pick up my forever faithful *Gingerly* blush; walked back around to the makeup aisle at Walgreens and did a double take on this. I probably stared at the W n W blushes for over 5 min. asking myself if it was worth it. I know for the price, of course it is, but I just don't like wasting my time on something I won't use or return. I've also noticed that MAC's blush prices have increased ($14.50 to $19.50). Last time I purchased *Gingerly* I know for a fact I did not pay $19.50 (I also purchased 2 so it lasted a very, very long time!) Nonetheless, I'll move on to why I bought *Mellow Wine* from the pan it looked so similar to *Gingerly* a nice muted bronzish/rose color. When I brought it home to try out, I was shocked at how much I really loved the color, let alone it was from Wet n' Wild! LOL! The color payoff is amazing since its so pigmented, like everyone has mentioned -- a little too pigmented! This also has a little more of a dark pinkish tone to it as opposed to a brownish tone like *Gingerly* has. It is a really pretty color and shows up very nicely on tan skin with yellow undertones!!! I can't believe I've fallen for this :)

9 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/28/2011 1:19:00 PM More reviews by obzessd

I really like this blush. VERY pigmented and lasts all day. Almost too pigmented: I have to apply by touching the brush very lightly to the pan and blowing it, and then buffing it well so it blends nicely. It comes out as a medium rose with brown undertones, brickish rose I guess. Reminds me of NARS Dolce Vita, which I also have; DV is a little darker. But for $3 or so, the price can't be beat! WnW has some of the best drugstore blushes and e/s out there.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 1/28/2011 11:23:00 AM More reviews by Angelgurl12

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

i really love this blush, its a nice matte dusty neautral rose, its one of my most natural blushes, i also have heather silk, and another red gold color (i lost the name tag on tht one) they r all very pigmented but again, this one is the most natural and my favorite out of the three. its super super pigmented but easy to blend to. i will definatley repurchase, it is so cheap, like 3 to 4 dollars and is usually on a sale :)

rated 5 of 5 on 1/22/2011 1:29:00 PM More reviews by neddykapoozle

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I don't wear blush often, but when I do it's probably this.

Cheap, well pigmented. A nice neutral dusty rose color that isn't to dark if applied lightly to my fair cool NW15ish skin. I only need to touch my brush to the product and I have plenty for my cheeks. Doesn't oxidize on my oily skin and lasts all day. It gives a very healthy flush to my cheeks.

The packaging is not that great, but I depot all my w'n'w stuff and put it in Z palettes for ease of use.

In the event I ever run out ( I have no idea when that would be ) I'd buy it again.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/15/2011 11:42:00 PM More reviews by TipTopTap

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Wet and Wild has come a long way. For some reason, a matte, brown-wine colored blush does not scream 'Wet'n'Wild.' But whatever. It's a great, subdued color that blends in easily. Dirt Cheap. Love the new packaging, but come on, give it up with the crappy brushes. Does anyone use those?

I sent this off to my sister while she was Africa for the Peace corps, and she absolutely adores it. I really recommend it if you're new to makeup and looking for some cheap starters.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/14/2011 1:58:00 AM More reviews by sfii

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Was $3 at my local Rite Aid, so the price can't be beat! I found it VERY pigmented- almost too much so, in fact. I swirled my blush brush very lightly and still had to extensively tap off alot of the powder, and even then it was much too strong on my face.

I'm asian, medium-light skin color, and this showed up very intensely on my skin. I had to blend A LOT to tone it down some. But I'm happy with the color and the pigment.

My only complaint s that the brush included is a piece of junk, I took one look and threw it out. Also, there is barely a bevel on the edge of the tin, so when you try to pick up some powder with a brush some of it comes out of the case, making somewhat of a mess. The case is not the silver one, but the black + clear one. Pretty flimsy, I'd be scared it would break in my makeup bag.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/17/2010 10:30:00 PM More reviews by BarkleyJ

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other Eyes: Green

This is my go-to matte blush. The pigmentation in this is absolutely crazy good. I still can't get over how good these Color Icon products are by Wet and Wild.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/8/2010 2:46:00 PM More reviews by Missy

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I can't get over the quality of WnW's color icon products! This blush is no exception! I purchased heather silk first and was so impressed with the quality, I ran out and bought another. I have to apply these with a very light hand or I end up looking like a clown. This color on me (MAC NC15) is a russet color, mostly rose with an orange tinge. The orange can be really prominent if applied too heavily, but it's really lovely when applied sparingly. The best part is that they're only $2.99 at my local Walgreens! I just wish they would come out with more colors.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/3/2010 10:47:00 PM More reviews by suzan88

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

After reading reviews and tired of paying big bucks for makeup that doesn't last more that a couple of hours (and Walgreens had 50% off) I decided to give WnW a try on a few products, and have to say I'm very pleased w/ all!!! I've used many blushes from low to high end and I have to say this is my favorite. It's highly pigmented w/ wonderful staying power. It looks natural (no sparkle) but has enough of a pop of color to brighten the face. Loving this!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/27/2010 1:14:00 PM More reviews by rawse

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I love this blush! It gives off such a natural and gorgeous color. I don't see any shimmer in it applied or in the pan (which is why I bought it since I have super oily skin and don't need any help on the shine factor) and a little bit definitely goes a long way. I usually dab my brush in once or twice, wipe it off on the back of my hand and then apply and even that is too much sometimes. I'd repurchase this blush if I ran out, but I probably won't since I use so little of it at a time. WNW blushes are definitely worth checking out although they don't have a very huge color range.