Dr. Hauschka Translucent Bronze Concentrate

4.5

Water/Aqua, Olea Europaea (Olive) Fruit Oil, Alcohol, Anthyllis Vulneraria Extract, Hamamelis Virginiana (Witch Hazel) Extract, Lysolecithin (Hydrolyzed Lecithin), Beeswax/Cera Flava, Fragrance/Parfum (Essential Oil), Citral, Linalool, Farnesol, Benzyl Benzoate, Limonene, Citronellol, Geraniol, Benzyl Salicylate, Coumarin, Eugenol, Benzyl Alcohol, Cetearyl Alcohol, Algin, Arachis Hypogaea (Peanut) Oil, Chlorophyllin-Copper Complex/CI 75810, Iron Oxides 5/29/09

I have had this tiny, little bottle for over a year now and it is still going strong, as you need such a small portion. Not only does it feel fantastic on your skin, it amazingly hides imperfections including acne scars, capillaries, fine lines, etc. Definitely a staple in my every-changing cabinet!!

Love this product!! It gives my sallow sometimes drab olive skin a real boost, especially in the winter when my tan is low. I also can add it to my Stila tinted moisturizer year round to get whatever color I need. I tan easily and am different colors at different times of the year so have never really used much in the way of foundation.

Mixed with a moisturizer -- eh, so-so. But I discovered a great new use for it: removing "kabuki" coloring from too-light foundation.

I recently made an impulse buy of L'Oreal "Feel Naturale" cream-to-powder foundation and was disappointed by the light color when I got home. Got out my Dr. H. Bronzing Concentrate, rubbed a quarter-sized dollop between my hands and patted gently all over my face. Finished with a light dusting of translucent powder.

Lovely result.

Love this stuff. My favourite tanning product for a night out. Stays on- does not mark clothes and the colour is believable.

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

This is not a bad product but I think it could be a lot better. It would work better for pinkish skintones. I have yellow undertone and so this doesn't blend well with my skin color. After mixing it with various sunscreens, i always get a slightly dark pinkish result. It does make my face a little bit darker but not in a flattering way. Also, it comes off or transfers easily.

I've been mixing this concentrate with my moisturizer for two months now, and I can officially say that it is my HG. I've tried almost every foundation/TM in existence, but this is the only thing I've found that evens my skin tone without making my pores look huge or feeling like a gross mask. I know that it looks a bit scary at first, but it goes on so naturally that you would never know how dark it is in the bottle. I have really sensitive skin that breaks out with a lot of facial products. I can't say for sure whether it's the bronzer or just not using other heavier products, but my skin has improved tremendously in the time that I've have been using this. My only slight issues are that it tends to make me a little oily in the t-zone by mid-day (corrected with a few blots) and that it is a bit more expensive than I would like for it to be. But, for a product that doesn't break me out, turn me orange, feel like a mask or have a ton of scary ingredients, it's definitely worth the price.

This is my new secret weapon in the war against pasty skin. I had been using it as a cheek/brow bone bronzer-type thing, but I've discovered a new use: I mix a squirt of this with my sunscreen (Aveeno Active Naturals SPF 30) and it cuts the ghastly sunscreen whiteness and gives me that "I just did time in an evil tanning booth"/"I use expensive self-tanner" glow. And I've started skipping my tinted moisturizer. Just a bit of powder and I'm set! The only problem I have with the pump dispenser is that it clogs quite frequently, and you get little chunks. Other than that, fab. This will last forever, so it's worth the money. (I'm an NW20, so one little pump is all it takes for me.)

I'm suprised I havn't reviewed this before but this week it got unseasonably hot here and I was out in the sun feeling like a pasty ghost and remembered this. I always wear a serious sunscreen and I hate bronzers in general. I am not a fan of the tan look but a couple of years ago I was on a hunt for something that would not leave me obviously tan, just give me a bit of color and take off the edge of my NW15 skintone. This product surpassed all my expectations. I bought it at whole foods, it cost me about $40. It's a one ounce glass pump jar.It lasts forever, I have had my current bottle for two years because it takes so little to make a difference for me. It has a light herbal scent to it that dissipates a few minutes after application. I have dry to normal skin and this did not really do anything as far as leaving a film behind or a heavy feeling, it completely absorbs into my skin and is weightless. It doesn't affect the way other products apply or feel either. I have used it in many ways. I have mixed it into tinted moisturizer or regular foundation to darken, I have mixed a bit into my sunscreen before applying to off set the whitish caste some sunscreens leave behind. I have also used it over foundation or directly on my skin over my sunscreen. I have even mixed it into my reg moisturizer on no makeup days to even my blotchiness out a bit. Every way I've used it looks wonderful. It is foolproof. It looks super dark and scarey out of the bottle but once it's on, you cannot tell I am wearing a thing unless you knew how pale I was before. There is no obvious line at my jaw that makes my neck and face look like they belong to different people. It blends in seamlessly. There is absolutely no glitter or shimmer in this, it is very gentle and subtle. I have never found anything that comes close to this. If you are looking for something that will make you look very tan, like you spent a week at the beach, this is not it but if you are looking for something that will make you look like you are a healthy person with an inner glow who takes good care of your skin, this is it. When I wear this I have gotton comments telling me I look well rested, not asking where I was on vacation and that is exactly what I was looking for when I found this. Everytime I use this I am truly amazed at how unique it is in that it changes my complexion but you really can't tell what is different. I wish they made a huge bottle for the body as well. Love it, worth every penny.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I like this bronzer but I think it works best as a sort of all of face tint rather than a cheek color. The packaging instructs to mix it with moisturizer but I just apply it straight and blend like crazy before it dries. The packaging also claims "to blend and soften the appearance of small red blood vessels, skin impurities, scars, a lack of pigmentation and other skin irregularities." I'm not sure about all that but it definitely does help even skin tone and, being a bronzer, helps with the "lack of pigmentation." It has a weird smell to it - sort of like cut flower stems - but very strong. It's not unpleasant, it's just not the way most cosmetics smell. It also has a slightly grainy texture in the bottle (glass with a screw-on pump top) which smooths out on the skin. (One thing about the pump top - the product has a tendency to get clogged in the little dipensing hole.) The color is nice for my warm-toned skin - sort of brownish-orange - that does not turn muddy on me as other bronzers have. This is definitely not for everybody and I would recommend trying before buying if you can find it (Sephora no longer carries it).

I love that this gives my skin a healthy glow without having to apply loads of product. It's perfect for an extra boost under your regular make-up or for days when you don't want to wear any foundation (say if you're going for a hike, or going to the beach). It hasn't broke me out at all, and doesn't make me greasy around my t-zone. I apply it after the Moisturizing Day Oil, and you only need a few drops. I think it's a really great product and would definitely buy again

Popular Bronzers