Philosophy Purity Made Simple (Real Purity Cleanser)

3.7

Water, Sodium Lauroamphoacetate, Sodium Trideceth Sulfate, Limnanthes Alba (Meadowfoam) Seed Oil, Coco-Glucoside, Coconut Alcohol, Peg-120 Methyl Glucose Dioleate, Aniba Rosaeodora (Rosewood) Wood Oil, Geranium Maculatum Oil, Guaiac (Guaiacum Officinale) Extract, Cymbopogon Martini Oil, Rosa Damascena Extract, Amyris Balsamifera Bark Oil, Santalum Album (Sandalwood) Oil, Salvia Officinalis (Sage) Oil, Cinnamomum Cassia Leaf Oil, Anthemis Nobilis Flower Oil, Daucus Carota Sativa (Carrot) Seed Oil, Piper Nigrum (Pepper) Seed Extract, Polysorbate 20, Glycerin, Carbomer, Triethanolamine, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Imidazolidinyl Urea, Yellow 5 (Ci 19140).

on 12/6/2014 11:15:00 PM

I was so excited to try this. It removes makeup very well but it made me break out horribly and caused raised bumps in areas where I never even break out. I went back to using my Mario badescu enzyme cleanser and my face is clear again...never again will I switch to anything else!!!

on 11/29/2014 10:01:00 PM

This cleanser is a mild milk cleanser that does not foam. It is supposed to remove all trace of makeup even waterproof and longwear foundation. It did not remove my sunscreen or makeup fully and it irritated my face left it red and dry. Then I started to breakout. Not strong enough to removes layers of foundation concealer powder blush......did not get everything out of my large pores. Face was not clean. Not good for super sensitive acne prone skin with large pores. Will not remove estee lauder double wear, revlon color stay, mac, lancome tient idol 24h which are all hard to fully remove.

on 11/28/2014 3:40:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Coarse

Nothing compares to this cleanser! I got a sample from sephora and was instantly hooked. I never had a cleanser be so effective at cleaning my skin but also leaving it moisturized and soft. I'm a budget shopper but this is worth every penny. I tried every brand including Cetaphil and nothing compares to this. 5/5!

on 11/23/2014 8:37:00 PM

I really really wanted to like this cleanser. I did. I had debated trying it for the last few years and finally decided to try it. I bought the travel sized bottle to try it before I purchased a regular sized, and boy am I glad that I did. I used this as it said on the bottle and like other reviewers had said. I just barely dampened my hands just to add a little moisture, and then I put it on my face dry. I like taking all my eye make up off with a makeup remover (Mary Kay brand) and then my face makeup with a remover wipe (kirkland brand). Then I put on the Philosophy Purity dry, as recommended on the bottle and by other reviewers. I massaged it in to my skin for a good 30 to 60 seconds and then rinsed with warm water. I used it a few times without taking my makeup off first, and it does exactly as other reviewers said. It really does melt your makeup off. It does an excellent job with taking it all off.
At first I really liked this stuff. Your face feels like a babies butt. Super soft, and it felt pretty clean. But after a week or so I noticed that my face was developing those little bumps. Not like acne or zits or anything, just raised bumps. I still wanted to keep on trying it so I kept on with it for another week, but the bumps continued to develop and I started getting some zits.
I'm sorry to say I didn't end up liking this cleanser and it really just didn't work for me unfortunately. I hope that it can work for you though! It's back to my trusty Cetaphil for me!

on 11/20/2014 12:47:00 PM

Let me just start by saying I will never use another cleanser or skincare line again. I am a beauty therapist/esthetician, so I have tried a lot of professional skincare brands and done a lot of things like chemical peels and microdermabrasions to try and clear my skin, I usually have mid to bad acne. Nothing has worked, these suckers don't budge. I was skeptical and how this product would work since the only 'active' ingredient in this cleanser is lactic acid which is just hydrating. And my god I couldn't tell you how it does it but this stuff is like magic! Like everyone says it removes all makeup. But what I found amazing, I was using this cleanser for 3 days in conjunction with the hope in a jar day and night, MY SKIN IS CLEAR! And I mean clear! Not a pimple in sight! I am deeply in love with this product, and I could rave about it until the cows come home but I'll just tell you to not hesitate, but the damn magic cleanser.

on 11/19/2014 8:46:00 AM

I don't know what took me so long to write this review. This product is hands down the best makeup and eye makeup remover I have ever tried. It looks very unassuming in its simple bottle and the only reason I took notice is when I saw the reviews on Sephora, 8597 reviews and nearly 5 stars, now that's something. For years I used Lancôme cream to oil makeup remover but this is so much better. It smells like you're at a SPA and I hardly need any eye makeup remover after I'm finished with this. The way I use it is I massage it gently it all over my face and then I emulsify with water. I will definitely be purchasing this again. I removed a lippie in the packaging category because this should come with a pump.

on 11/18/2014 8:10:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

The best cleanser out there...my eyes don't sting my sinus are not affected when I use this. Fast, gentle effective cleanser. It's the best.. I was using a clairsonic up until a few months ago went to using the old favorite wash cloth. My skin improved greatly. I buy my products from qvc I am on auto delivery of the big sizes. This is most economical way to buy most things. I love the Q. They show using a wash cloth during the Demos. I did it cuz my ckairsonic was not charges. And never used it again. I also use the microdelivery face cleanser as well. Love this duo

on 11/17/2014 10:09:00 PM

HG cleanser. Purity is gentle, removes makeup and doesn't sting my eyes. It doesn't strip my skin and it doesn't make it oily either. It can also be used to wash out makeup brushes and it gets all of the foundation out of the brush, which is no easy feat. The smell is off putting and could bother some sensitive noses, but it doesnt bother me. It smells slighly like a chemically sort of citrus smell. I love this stuff and can't do without it.

on 11/12/2014 7:44:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

first, let me explain my skin type. I have clear skin most if the time, with only the occasional breakout. My skin tends to get more dry in the winter but its pretty "normal" the rest of the year. I wanted a simple but effective cleanser to use daily. I splurged on this cleanser for my birthday, and have been using it consistently now for about 6 months. What I can say is that this cleanser does its job and is pretty effective at also removing makeup when I'm in a hurry (usually I will use MAC cleanse off oil first). It has a very light scent that dissipates quickly and if you use a good amount, it will suds up just enough. I enjoy it because its not anything fancy; no bursting beads, no exfoliation, no super moisturizing cream, etc. Just a plain, liquid facial soap. I will probably keep purchasing this cleanser.

on 11/12/2014 12:44:00 AM

I have sensitive , really acne prone skin and I
Awhile ago I went on a trip for a months time and this was the only face wash I'd brought with me because I had the trial size version . I'd never used it before then and at the time I had a really bad breakout that had persisted for months but to my delight during the course of the month I used it my skin cleared up dramatically with most if not all of my active acne becoming nothing more than blemish spots the only other thing I used at the time was a sunscreen ..I'm not saying it will get rid of your acne but I think that it does a great job at removing makeup and can help if that's the reason as to why your breaking out its worth a try for sure I think and it can be found in trial size at sephora for around $10 the only thing I dislike about the trial size is the lid , my first one came in a gift set and it has a spout which I like but the basic one at sephora check out is just a lid and the product will just pour out so I'd definitely recommend switching out the top or bottle if you're like me and packaging bugs you